ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
1. Are you planning to release the content chapter-wise? If not can you clarify how you are planning ahead for the game? Also, a related question to this might be a question that I might be asking a bit too early as the game is still in early stages, but I gotta ask about what is your vision for the game.
Rebel Duet will be divided into Acts, each of which will be a new story arc with different themes and antagonists. Currently, I have plans for five large Acts, but this number may increase to 6-7 or even more if I come up with new ideas that I feel add to the overall story in a meaningful way.

For example, a future Act might explore the slave trade, gangs, and the criminal underworld in general, while another could see the main characters investigating a rampant serial killer.

2. In the sex scenes, creampie is an option so would it mean that pregnancy is a tag that you might be looking into in the later parts of the game?
Since Valerie is a succubus, she isn't capable of becoming pregnant through sex with humans, but this is something that could change later in the story. A female protagonist, or one of the upcoming female companions, can definitely become pregnant through creampies, however.

When Val ask you your hair preference, is it suppose to be a choice that will be reflected? Or it's only fluff? If its supposed to be reflected in render, I would add a quick scene right after the choice so we see what she looks like with those hair style, that way we can go back and change our mind if we don't like it.
The player's hair preference will indeed be reflected in a number of upcoming scenes. You make a good suggestion about including a scene showcasing these options. (y)

Will it be possible to not corrupt Valerie and still have your protagonist sleep with others, or does a non-corrupt/love Valerie also expect monogamy from her?
Yes, the protagonist can choose to sleep with other characters while also having Valerie stay 100% faithful to them. It's completely your decision what shape your relationship with Valerie will take.

Apr 29, 2021
Rebel Duet will be divided into Acts, each of which will be a new story arc with different themes and antagonists. Currently, I have plans for five large Acts, but this number may increase to 6-7 or even more if I come up with new ideas that I feel add to the overall story in a meaningful way.

For example, a future Act might explore the slave trade, gangs, and the criminal underworld in general, while another could see the main characters investigating a rampant serial killer.

Since Valerie is a succubus, she isn't capable of becoming pregnant through sex with humans, but this is something that could change later in the story. A female protagonist, or one of the upcoming female companions, can definitely become pregnant through creampies, however.

The player's hair preference will indeed be reflected in a number of upcoming scenes. You make a good suggestion about including a scene showcasing these options. (y)

Yes, the protagonist can choose to sleep with other characters while also having Valerie stay 100% faithful to them. It's completely your decision what shape your relationship with Valerie will take.
That definitely sounds promising!

I do have a humble follow up question to this information which you have provided:

1. We know Valerie has summoned MC from his world for a reason so the 5 large acts that you have planned in the development, are they going to be independent separate story arcs or will they be aligned with the central theme of why MC is actually summoned in this new world in the first place?

While both the options look viable with right storytelling as a player it gives more clarity as to where the game is headed and that's quite desirable if it happens while the game is in early development as it makes the expectations from the game and the plot realistic. So I would be quite glad if you could be answer this question too

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well, that was short but sweet, still think it was odd having a curse and then the next day fucking a succubus.
4 new training positions.
What were they I didn't see anything new.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022

Second this - an immediate preview is a great idea.

Re the latter; I wanna know if you can take the non-corruption path and still have swinger/sharing events; that'd be great and something most games neglect.

Looks great so far!

Sidenote: the current sex-training instructions specify a max of 5 actions, while in practice 4 are allotted per evening.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Sidenote: the current sex-training instructions specify a max of 5 actions, while in practice 4 are allotted per evening.
- Reduced required positions per training session from 5 to 4.
It was changed, it just wasn't reflected in-game, I'm sure it'll be fixed.

P.S. - I finished playing through all the way up to the end of the latest version yesterday, and It was very good. I'm really enjoying it thus far, I went with the female protagonist which is what I normally do with 90% of games that give the option. This is mainly because there aren't nearly enough good female protagonist lesbian games out there, while there are plenty Male MC Romance, Harem, etc. games out there.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Will it be possible to not corrupt Valerie and still have your protagonist sleep with others, or does a non-corrupt/love Valerie also expect monogamy from her?
So... you want to have your cake and eat it too, eh? Monogamy for thee, but not for me?

I feel if the player wants their LI monogamous, they should be willing to be held to the same standard. Integrity and strength of character.
That's a shame. I'd like to see more relationship equality in games.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
But that's unfair to the poor person playing the MC that has double standards!

They should always be able to do what they want without anyone else being able to cuck them, even in their thoughts, dreams, or before they even met the MC! Every LI should be a virgin (even in incest VNs when one of them is his mom), and they should never ever ever never ever never never ever ever have sex ever again if MC rejects them! ;)

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
So... you want to have your cake and eat it too, eh? Monogamy for thee, but not for me?

I feel if the player wants their LI monogamous, they should be willing to be held to the same standard. Integrity and strength of character.

Eh, personally I'd also be completely fine with a non-corrupted Valerie being non-monogamous, but since the dev stated that it's linked to corruption (their game, their decision) I just figured I'd ask to see if I'll need to add a corruption playthrough so that my protagonist can have some adventures of her own :ROFLMAO:

And sure, would be nice if there were more games that did explore that, beyond just strict monogamy (which is technically equal, but...).
Although "I'm comfortable with you having sex with others, I'm not comfortable having sex with others (at least for now)" is also valid on its own, beyond its overrepresentation in the form of the (male) MC-many/LIs-mono combination*.

*(Kinda makes me wonder if MC-mono/LI-many is common in male protagonist sharing games)

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
But that's unfair to the poor person playing the MC that has double standards!

They should always be able to do what they want without anyone else being able to cuck them, even in their thoughts, dreams, or before they even met the MC! Every LI should be a virgin (even in incest VNs when one of them is his mom), and they should never ever ever never ever never never ever ever have sex ever again if MC rejects them! ;)
And from what I understand. This life of constant fear that someone else will be better than them is considered "Alpha Behavior."

I wonder if the dream is to settle on a polygynous compound far from any other men or media that might tempt the women. When not with the MC, each woman will sleep alone in their own rooms, locked from the outside so the MC can be sure they don't visit each other. From time to time, a female plastic surgeon will visit in order to rebuild hymens for all the women so the MC can break them again with much pain to the LI.

I will NEVER write this story.
Eh, personally I'd also be completely fine with a non-corrupted Valerie being non-monogamous, but since the dev stated that it's linked to corruption (their game, their decision) I just figured I'd ask to see if I'll need to add a corruption playthrough so that my protagonist can have some adventures of her own :ROFLMAO:

And sure, would be nice if there were more games that did explore that, beyond just strict monogamy.
Although "I'm comfortable with you having sex with others, I'm not comfortable having sex with others (at least for now)" is also valid on its own, beyond its overrepresentation in the form of the (male) MC-many/LIs-mono combination*.

*(Kinda makes me wonder if MC-mono/LI-many is common in male protagonist sharing games)
Apparently, being non-monogamous is linked to corruption in this game. Does that mean that if the MC is non-monogamous, they are being corrupted?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
1. We know Valerie has summoned MC from his world for a reason so the 5 large acts that you have planned in the development, are they going to be independent separate story arcs or will they be aligned with the central theme of why MC is actually summoned in this new world in the first place?
Each act will be connected to the overall story and its themes. Rebel Duet is essentially one big story, divided into multiple acts which also contain their own plotlines. Characters introduced in one act may have important roles in future acts as well.

4 new training positions
What were they I didn't see anything new.
Cowgirl and titjob for male playthroughs, and sixty-nine and fingerbang receive for female playthroughs.

Re the latter; I wanna know if you can take the non-corruption path and still have swinger/sharing events; that'd be great and something most games neglect.
Sure. The type of relationship you have with Valerie won't be determined by the story path you choose. You can mix and match these choices however you like.

To put it more simply, the Love Route and Corruption Route are like Good and Evil. Some sex scenes will be tied to the path you are on, but overall these are more story-focused decisions that don't affect your relationship type.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Apparently, being non-monogamous is linked to corruption in this game. Does that mean that if the MC is non-monogamous, they are being corrupted?
Could be.
Or it could be that Valerie is from the start more monogamously inclined and without a big change wouldn't consider it, while the protagonist is whatever you want them to be
Or it could be something to do with succubus nature, since corruption* is also linked with growing horns and so on.
Edit: Or it could've just been an misunderstanding :ROFLMAO:

*: There's a discussion worth having on what "corruption" in games is, and the various bonkers assumptions that are built into the concept, but let's not start that here - the game already had the "I want my love interests shrink-wrapped after birth and then put into a vault where only I can access them" whiners, it doesn't deserve being ground zero for that. And I don't think it would be particularly fruitful here anyway...

Reactions: damnedfrog

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Could be.
Or it could be that Valerie is from the start more monogamously inclined and without a big change wouldn't consider it, while the protagonist is whatever you want them to be
Or it could be something to do with succubus nature, since corruption* is also linked with growing horns and so on.
Edit: Or it could've just been an misunderstanding :ROFLMAO:

*: There's a discussion worth having on what "corruption" in games is, and the various bonkers assumptions that are built into the concept, but let's not start that here - the game already had the "I want my love interests shrink-wrapped after birth and then put into a vault where only I can access them" whiners, it doesn't deserve being ground zero for that. And I don't think it would be particularly fruitful here anyway...
Good description!

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Hey,
I love the little succubus, she's cute with her bubbly personality. Good CGs as well. Here are a few thoughts:

Powerdynamic seems a bit off. She wants a bodyguard but the MC is totally helpless and gets saved by our lovely succubus who is throwing badass magic spells.
MC is way too trusting. At the beginning our succubus and MC perform a forbidden binding spell. If it's forbidden there should be a reason for that. You should let the MC ask about the spell. He's accepting that way to willingly without enough information.
Normally succubus drain their 'victims' of their lifeforce or at least influence them negatively during sex in some way. MC should ask about that before the first sex scene as well.
Even if you explain the stuff in the glossar (I admit I didn't look at it at all) it should also be explained in the story.
I'm looking forward to how the story continues. Keep up the good work.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah except what is good for the goose is good for the gander has just one problem if we play as a male MC, then that would mean Val would get to play with other men if we fuck other women, which then kills the game because NO man wants NTR.

Apr 29, 2021
Each act will be connected to the overall story and its themes. Rebel Duet is essentially one big story, divided into multiple acts which also contain their own plotlines. Characters introduced in one act may have important roles in future acts as well.

Cowgirl and titjob for male playthroughs, and sixty-nine and fingerbang receive for female playthroughs.

Sure. The type of relationship you have with Valerie won't be determined by the story path you choose. You can mix and match these choices however you like.

To put it more simply, the Love Route and Corruption Route are like Good and Evil. Some sex scenes will be tied to the path you are on, but overall these are more story-focused decisions that don't affect your relationship type.
Another promising pieces of information. Glad you answered the questions comprehensively and patiently it does give the players that extra bit of more insight and clarity which is quite appreciated!

Thanks for replying back Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Reactions: ename144

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
Every LI should be a virgin (even in incest VNs when one of them is his mom), and they should never ever ever never ever never never ever ever have sex ever again if MC rejects them! ;)
i don't like virgins in avn, because we need 20 years of preparations and slow burn before we fuck them, it's annoying, and after we finally do it, they are always "sore" for next 10 updates and can't do it again..

Reactions: AelphysTerra

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
And from what I understand. This life of constant fear that someone else will be better than them is considered "Alpha Behavior."
Absolute Alpha! And if you don't agree with him, he'll cry, suck his thumb and scream for his mommy to defend him from you.

It really feels weird having a monogamous succubus paired with a non-monogamous human.
Based on my understanding of the species, "monogamous succubus" is an oxymoron. ;)

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Played this for a bit to get a feeling for the vibe & characters I must say I'm positively surprised. I went in expecting something pretty decent, but so far everything was not just decent but actually really good. The writing is nice, the characters I've met (played till the 2nd night training chance, so not very far I think) all were convincing, if not outright likeable, the Shop owner and the Captain being surprisingly nice to interact with. Valerie ofc is the absolute highlight & hearing from you that the game can be played in many different ways including the option to go for a playthrough where both protagonist and her being a solo thing excites me. I was just expecting them to not be forced into m/f stuff, but potentially not having the option to not include any characters in their sex life at all. Visually this looks crisp and the character designs are varied, very pretty, but not in a way that makes them look like artificial dolls. Definitely made it on the list of my most anticipated games here. Great work!

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes