Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Based on my understanding of the species, "monogamous succubus" is an oxymoron. ;)
In the Sanskrit epics of India there are virtuous demons. One of the heroes (an incarnation of the god of wind) even married a demoness. So maybe there can be faithful succubi :D

Reactions: Lurker452

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yeah except what is good for the goose is good for the gander has just one problem if we play as a male MC, then that would mean Val would get to play with other men if we fuck other women, which then kills the game because NO man wants NTR.
Val is cute and pretty unfortunately again this dev goes for the NTR/sharing/swinging again.
Waste of good model.
Seems dev is unable to make a clean game and always go for shity content unfortunately.
GL with it not for me with these tags.
It's literally COMPLETELY optional, and you won't even see the options unless you cater your playthrough towards that kind of content, what are you even whining about? Also speak for yourself, I for one enjoy Netorase from time to time, especially if done right. I really dislike Netorare, but guess what, that won't be in the game anyways, and the Netorase is again, COMPLETELY OPTIONAL.

I guess your fragile manhood's can't even deal with OPTIONAL swinging/netorase content in a game, hell I bet if a male character even looks in the direction of your LI(s) you start having a mental breakdown and crying hysterically. :ROFLMAO:

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Sure, the monogamy wouldn't fit with the most common depictions of succubi.
But authors aren't forced to adhere to that - look at how many related but different portrayals of various fantasy creatures there are - whether it's elves (immortal or long-lived, first-born or refugees from another world, generally good or just arrogant (or both), inherently magical or just as magical as humans) and dwarves (sure, short - but can they use magic or are they inherently anti-magic? Do they have guns? Are they primarily driven by greed, grudges, vows or more similar to humans? Do dwarven women always have beards?) or vampires and werewolves (compare world of darkness with various other systems/settings).
The common conception of the creatures provides a shared basic idea from which an author can then borrow and adapt, changing aspects so that they fit their vision - relying on the shared understanding to ensure the audience has a general picture and expectation, and then introduce their own variations and twists on top of that. (If I tell you you play a xzaragar, that won't do anything for you. If I tell you you play an orc, you've got basic idea - that idea might be partially wrong depending if we're talking Middleearth or Shadowrun, but subverting those expectations is also fun).
Also, I recall a succubus in a recent CRPG that can become monogamous, if that counts. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, in the hope of getting back a bit from the derailment of both the whining about future optional tags and the reactions to that... on reflection, the switching of PoVs works really well - the first person with visible body helps to convey a physicality and "you being the character", while the occasional third-person views give a good idea of who/what your protagonist is and scene-setting - the last scene of the update for example wouldn't work nearly as well in first person in my opinion (and at least for the female protagonist they also do a good job communicating pleasure).

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
the switching of PoVs works really well - the first person with visible body helps to convey a physicality and "you being the character", while the occasional third-person views give a good idea of who/what your protagonist is and scene-setting - the last scene of the update for example wouldn't work nearly as well in first person in my opinion (and at least for the female protagonist they also do a good job communicating pleasure).
This is insightful, and upon further thinking - the game emphasizes a first person view much more often than other games which I like; also means less work for dev with split protag o_O, but not a criticism, it's smart design, as long as it's balanced with some third person so you don't feel like you have no sense of self.

I for one enjoy Netorase from time to time, especially if done right. I really dislike Netorare
:coffee: man of culture. If I could search tags by Swinging NOT netorare i would, but that gets you like 1-2 pages only.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlapE

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Sure, the monogamy wouldn't fit with the most common depictions of succubi.
But authors aren't forced to adhere to that - look at how many related but different portrayals of various fantasy creatures there are - whether it's elves (immortal or long-lived, first-born or refugees from another world, generally good or just arrogant (or both), inherently magical or just as magical as humans) and dwarves (sure, short - but can they use magic or are they inherently anti-magic? Do they have guns? Are they primarily driven by greed, grudges, vows or more similar to humans? Do dwarven women always have beards?) or vampires and werewolves (compare world of darkness with various other systems/settings).
The common conception of the creatures provides a shared basic idea from which an author can then borrow and adapt, changing aspects so that they fit their vision - relying on the shared understanding to ensure the audience has a general picture and expectation, and then introduce their own variations and twists on top of that. (If I tell you you play a xzaragar, that won't do anything for you. If I tell you you play an orc, you've got basic idea - that idea might be partially wrong depending if we're talking Middleearth or Shadowrun, but subverting those expectations is also fun).
Also, I recall a succubus in a recent CRPG that can become monogamous, if that counts. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, in the hope of getting back a bit from the derailment of both the whining about future optional tags and the reactions to that... on reflection, the switching of PoVs works really well - the first person with visible body helps to convey a physicality and "you being the character", while the occasional third-person views give a good idea of who/what your protagonist is and scene-setting - the last scene of the update for example wouldn't work nearly as well in first person in my opinion (and at least for the female protagonist they also do a good job communicating pleasure).
Well said, in regards to the succubus I would add that I feel like part of the struggle with monogamy for them stems from the trope of potentially killing their partner if they solely feed of them cause it either permanently or at least temporarily drains their life force & often enough that's either something the succubus can't prevent from happening or essential to keep themselves alive.

Since so far it doesn't seem as if that is a thing at all, at least not in a way that would more or less literally force Valerie to resort to go down on multiple different people to stay alive, the potential of a monogamous relationship seems quite convincing, especially since her character comes across as the type to enjoy, if not outright prefer, it that way, at the very least on the protection path.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
An option later in the story for a female MC to transform into a futanari is something I think could be interesting. ;)

Of course, this would be clearly communicated to the player and easily avoidable, so people who aren't interested in this type of content would not be forced into anything.
I like hearing that, no pressure but if you decide to do it that would be great, or (but I won't try to make an argument for it if you don't feel like going that route) it would be even better if Valerie could (either temporarily or permanently) become the Futa to top the player. It would be a sweet pay-off for choosing to preferring her being the more dominant one (if that choice is supposed to have that sort of impact, it might be just a false assumption on my end!)

Reactions: ionDivvy

ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
It really feels weird having a monogamous succubus paired with a non-monogamous human.
Monogamy is certainly rare for succubi in Rebel Duet, but not exactly unheard of either. Valerie is a particularly unique succubus, since she chose to bind her soul with the protagonist at the cost of eternal exile. Since succubi can only enter this contract with one human, she was already committed to the MC from the very start.

She's open to trying new things at the MC's request - especially if it would make him/her happy - but by default she's only interested in the MC and will not do anything otherwise unless you specifically ask her to.

If the MC wants to sleep around, Valerie can be understanding - and even find it exciting in some cases - as long as it makes the MC happy and they don't neglect Valerie as a result. There are some characters that Valerie will be upset about you sleeping with, however. :unsure:

Last edited:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Monogamy is certainly rare for succubi in Rebel Duet, but not exactly unheard of either. Valerie is a particularly unique succubus, since she chose to bind her soul with the protagonist at the cost of eternal exile. Since succubi can only enter this contract with one human, she was already committed to the MC from the very start.
That's so bloody adorable, must protect at all costs! :love: (I like the protagonist actually having similar thoughts)

Ishtvan

Feb 1, 2018
especially if it would make him/her happy - but by default she's only interested in the MC and will not do anything otherwise unless you specifically ask her to.
Maybe it is pretty stupid question, but looks like our succubi trying to make MC happy at all costs. Are there cute wedding epilogues planned?

• Love
Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
They are effectively married already. The soul bind is a much stronger commitment than a marriage after all. But I wouldn't mind if they held a wedding as well. :)
That's a really good point! Well but it would still be almost unacceptably cute to have a proper, overly sentimental and cheesy wedding with aaaall the good stuff. Pretty dresses, cake, roses...all those things for the most lovable succubus in existence!

Reactions: bacienvu88

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022

She's open to trying new things at the MC's request - especially if it would make him/her happy - but by default she's only interested in the MC and will not do anything otherwise unless you specifically ask her to.

If the MC wants to sleep around, Valerie can be understanding - and even find it exciting in some cases - as long as it makes the MC happy and they don't neglect Valerie as a result. There are some characters that Valerie will be upset about you sleeping with, however. :unsure:
This is definitely a good approach for this type of content and relationship, I'm always glad to have options in games for this type of relationship. Also, I really find the MC and Valerie's relationship super cute and their bond is already stronger than most out there.

I hope there will be a decent amount of threesome/foursome sharing/swinging content, that's the type of netorase I personally prefer, when both partners are present and play an active role. I do enjoy other types as well though, and of course I will have a completely monogamous save as well, cause it will be super cute to see how that plays out too. :giggle:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That's a really good point! Well but it would still be almost unacceptably cute to have a proper, overly sentimental and cheesy wedding with aaaall the good stuff. Pretty dresses, cake, roses...all those things for the most lovable succubus in existence!
I imagine MC and Valerie in very cute and fluffy Disney-esque wedding outfits, kissing each other with only their upper bodies in the frame. Then image zooms out and it turns out they are stepping on a defeated witch and the whole scene is a bloody mess. :cool:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I imagine MC and Valerie in very cute and fluffy Disney-esque wedding outfits, kissing each other with only their upper bodies in the frame. Then image zooms out and it turns out they are stepping on a defeated witch and the whole scene is a bloody mess. :cool:
I haven't played too far, stopped when I realized how damn good this is & that I'd rather play when I really got some time to get lost in the game, but this sounds as if witches aren't very nice in this game? :eek:
But I need Valerie and the MC to both wear the most over-the-top dresses available & forge a bond that's also widely accepted in the world, no matter if their soul bond is much more meaningful anyway. :p

Reactions: SlapE

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I haven't played too far, stopped when I realized how damn good this is & that I'd rather play when I really got some time to get lost in the game, but this sounds as if witches aren't very nice in this game? :eek:
But I need Valerie and the MC to both wear the most over-the-top dresses available & forge a bond that's also widely accepted in the world, no matter if their soul bond is much more meaningful anyway. :p
Just the one witch. I won't say more to not spoil anything.

Reactions: Orphanus

Ishtvan

Feb 1, 2018
They are effectively married already. The soul bind is a much stronger commitment than a marriage after all. But I wouldn't mind if they held a wedding as well. :)
Just imagine our succubi wearing cute wedding dress... Or they could come back on earth, and MC will tease everyone with his/her cute wife.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Just imagine our succubi wearing cute wedding dress... Or they could come back on earth, and MC will tease everyone with his/her cute wife.
MC: Hey boss! Meet my wife!
Boss: Don't care! You are going to work 42 hours a day 13 days a week to make up for your mistakes.
Val: Sorry, she can't do that, we need to go on dates and stuff.
Boss: I didn't talk to you.
Val: YOU WILL GIVE MC A RAISE AND WILL ONLY NEED TO WORK ONE HOUR EVERY MONTH
Boss: Eh! Of course. Of course. Does 100k a week sound good?
MC: Sure. And make sure to have the paper work ready in an hour.
Boss: Sorry, it needs to go through lots of approval, can't do it that fast.
Val: You are underestimating yourself. *lights a literal fire under his ass*
Boss: Yes, yes, it will be ready!!!
Val: Great! Hey MC, what do you say, should we play with your coworkers now?
Coworkers: No, no, it is ok. *flees*
MC: Ah. A nice and quiet office is the best.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yeah I'm really curious if we will ever see them go to earth, and whether it's permanent or just to visit. Even if we do, that will probably be forever away.

Ishtvan

Feb 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway she should something about Joline. Maybe make her as mc's personal slave, or just passionately kiss mc in front of everyone.
P. S. MC is (or will become) spellsword, so she can turn her boss in the frog, and do something about Joline too, while her cute wife will have a good laugh.

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes