4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Thanks, this has been added to the hotfix.
Thank you for your patches/hotfixes !
Two questions, if I have ep.4 version 3 installed, will the hotfix work? The post says ep.4 version 2.
And finally, are there patches for the first two episodes or not? (y)

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Thank you for your patches/hotfixes !
Two questions, if I have ep.4 version 3 installed, will the hotfix work? The post says ep.4 version 2.
And finally, are there patches for the first two episodes or not? (y)
Thanks.

I haven't tested it, but yes the ep.4 v2 hotfix should work with ep.4 v3.

No there aren't any hotfixes for ep 1 or 2.

Reactions: PickerLewd

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I'm a bit confused, so story time (lol):

I have 4 saves. Each one is slightly different from past choices, but 2 of them, I gave Laurie and Carmen to Calisto, with 2 blood dolls, way back when. The other 2 saves, I only gave the 2 blood dolls to Calisto. However, in all 4 saves, this update, MC told Carmen "nobody you want to meet" when referring to Calisto, which means he is saying Carmen has never met Calisto.

So....big question here....has this game become one of those Kinetic VNs hiding behind meaningless choices? 0_O

• Thinking Face
  • Haha
Reactions: Maviarab and J.R.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I'm a bit confused, so story time (lol):

I have 4 saves. Each one is slightly different from past choices, but 2 of them, I gave Laurie and Carmen to Calisto, with 2 blood dolls, way back when. The other 2 saves, I only gave the 2 blood dolls to Calisto. However, in all 4 saves, this update, MC told Carmen "nobody you want to meet" when referring to Calisto, which means he is saying Carmen has never met Calisto.

So....big question here....has this game become one of those Kinetic VNs hiding behind meaningless choices? 0_O
Imo "nobody you want to meet" does not automatically mean she never met her. It's quite neutral and can be used for both variants.

Reactions: Verbalvonitcomet

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Imo "nobody you want to meet" does not automatically mean she never met her. It's quite neutral and can be used for both variants.
In the context of the dialogue in this particular scene, he was saying she had not met Calisto, and she agreed. MAYBE it can be seen as maybe she was out of it when she was given to Calisto...like...off her rocker...or had some kinda vampy magics done to her brain where she wouldn't have been coherent at the time. That is all, though.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
In the context of the dialogue in this particular scene, he was saying she had not met Calisto, and she agreed. MAYBE it can be seen as maybe she was out of it when she was given to Calisto...like...off her rocker...or had some kinda vampy magics done to her brain where she wouldn't have been coherent at the time. That is all, though.
checked that game part, for me it's not implying that:

1704692179495.png

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
checked that game part, for me it's not implying that:

View attachment 3243390
MC: "My vamp mommy. You don't want to meet her."
Carmen: "Oh, I know."

In the English I grew up speaking, it 100% implies that. He said "you don't want to meet her." That's a bit different than the previous statement, "no one you'd care to meet." I can see how "no one you'd care to meet" could be taken in a different way, but not "you don't want to meet her." That literally says Carmen has not met her. Not trying to be argumentative, nor am I trying to start anything, but I see no way possible for the second line to be taken in any other way.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I found the links to the final versions of the first two episodes, it turns out that the versions in the first post are outdated (Episode 1 (vanilla) and Episode 2 ver 1).
The updates are "Episode 1 rev 1" and "Episode 2 ver 2", the problem is that they are on MEGA, does anyone have the links on GoFile, Workupload or MediaFire? Please... :HideThePain:

kratos1234

Dec 27, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Rebirth [Episode 4, Update 11] [LikesBlondes] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 3.78GB
Repack size: 304MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /
MacOS = (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Notice: If you want my repacks for previous episodes, you can get them all here.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:
You can reupload the links that are down from Rebirth [Episode 4, Update 11]

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
MC: "My vamp mommy. You don't want to meet her."
Carmen: "Oh, I know."

In the English I grew up speaking, it 100% implies that. He said "you don't want to meet her." That's a bit different than the previous statement, "no one you'd care to meet." I can see how "no one you'd care to meet" could be taken in a different way, but not "you don't want to meet her." That literally says Carmen has not met her. Not trying to be argumentative, nor am I trying to start anything, but I see no way possible for the second line to be taken in any other way.
Authors' English is really bad. I think they are slavic (Russians?).

As a non-native English speaker I'll tell you that I think the Authors aren't aware of the fact that "meeting someone" means "getting acquainted with someone" here. I think they meant: "You don't want to see her".

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Authors' English is really bad. I think they are slavic (Russians?).

As a non-native English speaker I'll tell you that I think the Authors aren't aware of the fact that "meeting someone" means "getting acquainted with someone" here. I think they meant: "You don't want to see her".
Their English actually is not "really bad". There are a lot of typing mistakes, so you can frequently find words misspelled. However, barring smaller mistakes like misspellings or punctuation, the English in the game is like a native speaker would use, at least in most instances. That means there are also word usages that might be less familiar to anyone for whom English is not their native language.

English has a huge number of words that have several, sometimes even dozens of, meanings. Although you might assume "meeting someone" means "getting acquainted with someone" based on how English gets used wherever you yourself are, that accounts for only one of several possible meanings available in the language as a whole.

For example, if you were hiking and you "meet someone" on the trail, that usually means you and the other person came into contact with each other, such as when just passing by one another. That does not mean you get acquainted with them: the contact most likely lasts less than a minute and names are probably not shared. As another example, if you step off of a plane and you "meet someone" who will be your driver to take you to your hotel, you most likely will never become acquainted with them. This contact may last 10 minutes or more, depending on the distance of travel, but there is a good chance that you don't get acquainted with them.

It is also completely possible to meet Calisto and have her rip your head off before you ever "get acquainted with" her. So as FookU2 said, that statement can only indicate that Carmen has never met Calisto, meaning Carmen's never encountered her in some way. That could just as easily mean only seeing Calisto far in the distance as it could mean becoming acquainted (such as by introduction). You have described only one of many different definitions.

The word see has an entirely different set of meanings from the word meet, but it is a set. It's yet another word that also gets used in different ways. If someone has been ill, "You don't want to see her" could mean either that they might look gross and so seeing them would be unpleasant. In the same scenario, maybe instead the ill person is still contagious, so you don't want to go into the room where they are. (In this latter example, see is being used in the same way that a doctor sees patients, meaning "to meet or spend time with".)

I think you are likely correct that "the Authors aren't aware that 'meeting someone' means 'getting acquainted with someone' here." They probably don't even know where "here" is. Beyond that, though, there is a fair chance they aren't familiar with all English usage around the world. They use English words in the same way they hear them used where they themselves are. It's unlikely they happen to be in your area of the world to know how you would use the word meet. I see no reason why this unlikelihood should translate to the developers having "really bad" English.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Their English actually is not "really bad". There are a lot of typing mistakes, so you can frequently find words misspelled. However, barring smaller mistakes like misspellings or punctuation, the English in the game is like a native speaker would use, at least in most instances. That means there are also word usages that might be less familiar to anyone for whom English is not their native language.

English has a huge number of words that have several, sometimes even dozens of, meanings. Although you might assume "meeting someone" means "getting acquainted with someone" based on how English gets used wherever you yourself are, that accounts for only one of several possible meanings available in the language as a whole.

For example, if you were hiking and you "meet someone" on the trail, that usually means you and the other person came into contact with each other, such as when just passing by one another. That does not mean you get acquainted with them: the contact most likely lasts less than a minute and names are probably not shared. As another example, if you step off of a plane and you "meet someone" who will be your driver to take you to your hotel, you most likely will never become acquainted with them. This contact may last 10 minutes or more, depending on the distance of travel, but there is a good chance that you don't get acquainted with them.

It is also completely possible to meet Calisto and have her rip your head off before you ever "get acquainted with" her. So as FookU2 said, that statement can only indicate that Carmen has never met Calisto, meaning Carmen's never encountered her in some way. That could just as easily mean only seeing Calisto far in the distance as it could mean becoming acquainted (such as by introduction). You have described only one of many different definitions.

The word see has an entirely different set of meanings from the word meet, but it is a set. It's yet another word that also gets used in different ways. If someone has been ill, "You don't want to see her" could mean either that they might look gross and so seeing them would be unpleasant. In the same scenario, maybe instead the ill person is still contagious, so you don't want to go into the room where they are. (In this latter example, see is being used in the same way that a doctor sees patients, meaning "to meet or spend time with".)

I think you are likely correct that "the Authors aren't aware that 'meeting someone' means 'getting acquainted with someone' here." They probably don't even know where "here" is. Beyond that, though, there is a fair chance they aren't familiar with all English usage around the world. They use English words in the same way they hear them used where they themselves are. It's unlikely they happen to be in your area of the world to know how you would use the word meet. I see no reason why this unlikelihood should translate to the developers having "really bad" English.
Yep, some people like being a** holes

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yep, some people like being a** holes
I definitely agree with you, though I'm not sure I personally would go so far as to say the other poster was being an asshole. I just thought they were making assumptions based on their own experience, failing to consider other possibilities. I'm not ruling out your conclusion either, though.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

I wasn't meaning that their English is full of grammatical errors: it's very poor as a literary work.

When I wrote "here" I meant "in this context".

I think MC was telling Carmen: "She's here, and I'm sure you'd rather not see her".

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I wasn't meaning that their English is full of grammatical errors: it's very poor as a literary work.
Yeah, I don't think I would ever consider something like this a fine example of prose in English. However, I don't think mentioning "English" makes sense in this context, then. When you say someone's "English" is "really bad", the interpretation of a native English speaker is that you're referring to grammar and usage. Since that's not what you meant, I would've instead said something like, "Author's writing is really bad." That then refers to their writing style, like use (or lack) of metaphors, how descriptive (or not) they are, how clever (or not) dialogue is, and so forth.
When I wrote "here" I meant "in this context".

I think MC was telling Carmen: "She's here, and I'm sure you'd rather not see her".
Use of see as you have it implies either spending time with Calisto (like the doctor's appointment I previously used as an example) or else spotting her with your eyes. I think this isn't quite what was meant. By saying, "You don't want to meet her", the MC is basically saying that Carmen really would rather have Calisto unaware of her presence (or even existence). He's implying that if Calisto knows about you, it's very possible things in the future will be bad for you. Given that Calisto has completely drained "offerings" to death (depending on the earlier choice you make), threatened and physically assaulted other vampires (e.g., Sharon), and has a severe lack of patience generally, it stands to reason that Calisto even learning about Carmen specifically could mean Carmen's death.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

And this is why even Americans suck at English, their natural born language. lol
And, context means a LOT, in English. The same word can have dozens of meanings, but dozens of words can be used to express that concept, in a slightly different way, but still close enough to confuse non-natives.
It's likely due to English being the "stolen language", as I've heard said, because it borrows from so many other languages.
We have a ton of words for concepts that don't even exist in some other languages.
It's very Germanic, but uses words from Latin, Spanish, German, French, and a few others.
It's a bit ridiculous. haha
But, yes, the dialogue in this game is pretty good. I don't know where the dev is from, but their English is much better than that of the average American.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And this is why even Americans suck at English, their natural born language. lol
And, context means a LOT, in English. The same word can have dozens of meanings, but dozens of words can be used to express that concept, in a slightly different way, but still close enough to confuse non-natives.
It's likely due to English being the "stolen language", as I've heard said, because it borrows from so many other languages.
We have a ton of words for concepts that don't even exist in some other languages.
It's very Germanic, but uses words from Latin, Spanish, German, French, and a few others.
It's a bit ridiculous. haha
But, yes, the dialogue in this game is pretty good. I don't know where the dev is from, but their English is much better than that of the average American.
Reminds me of the old joke, I wouldn't know that with "Die, in Hell" I could brought some shoes in German (which means, The same shoes in another, brighter colour).

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Reminds me of the old joke, I wouldn't know that with "Die, in Hell" I could brought some shoes in German (which means, The same shoes in another, brighter colour).
a couple of GI's in the Munich subway standing in front of the emergency hammer laughing and saying "Not-hammer" then what is it ???
1704753737662.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes