anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
The only choice leading to the end that makes sense is Paige throwing herself in front of MC if MC did that earlier, the other choice whether or not to keep Lily's father in the dark about what was going on doesn't make sense to be an endgame decision even if it was presented as a major choice at the time. And given the fact that the only way to save Lily is to not make an earlier choice that leads to one of the other girls getting killed is poor as well, there should've been a choice that led to Lily surviving not having that choice while having the other two choices within the player's control is a bit of a dick move tbh. Actually presenting the choice like Acting Lessons where you have to choose who to save in that moment would have worked better.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
False. Avast report virus to, but only on MinQ, MyRepack-YAC compressed files (reported on 5 other games compressed only by him).
Fine , great , my compliments and i truly congratulate you with your Avast.
Playing the last compressed update version of this beautiful game since yesterday.
Ran last virusupdates by Eset plus checked it through Virustotal!

Free version of Avast , i presume?
But doesn't really matter , Avast sucks for over 20 years now.
My guess.

Reactions: xapican

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Doubtful, killing off main characters has only gained in popularity since Game of Thrones made it to TV and started killing everyone off.

Shit, it even made older games more memorable. Anyone that played original Final Fantasy 7 will always remember 1 certain scene. I don't even need to say which scene but anyone that played it will know.

It's an easy way for a storyteller to make someone invest emotionally.
I played FF7, and I know exactly what scene you are talking about, but it in no way made me more invested. It felt thrown in to me, and from what the developers are saying may not even make it into the remake. Now Attack on titans that first episode and the moms death had me dragged in from the start.

When used right it can add investment, but at the same time you may just end up not caring about anyone. Gurren Lagann
when the "brother" first died it was memorable to me, but by the time I reached the end, and they started killing off people left and right I could care less.

I have also played read watched many things that even without any deaths I felt invested in the characters.

FF7 would have been good even without that scene, but Attack on titans would have never been the same as it was a thriving point for the MC throughout.

My question is beyond the point of "it is a thing, quite a common one at that" how well those it tie into the story, and Is the story itself with everything put together worth it in the end. This question coming from someone that prefers happy endings, but can be persuaded by a good story if it feels like it was "worth it" in the end.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
False. There are no happy ending. If everything was butterflies and rainbows all the time it would not be a good story. Also I am pretty sure that there is more than 1 other game that kills a main character. It's actually a fairly common thing in most books.
Ok, I see I was right not to start the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I played FF7, and I know exactly what scene you are talking about, but it in no way made me more invested. It felt thrown in to me, and from what the developers are saying may not even make it into the remake.
Investment or not, even with the remake and people who haven't even played the original still know about Aerith's death. It is, arguably, one of the most famous deaths in gaming history.

As far as the remake is concerned. It's an alternate timeline which is what those ghost things mean. They are trying to correct things but things are going different. Jessie was killed off quite early in the original and didn't really play a big enough part for anyone to care yet she's incredibly popular with the remake. Original FF7 was always a 2 girl show with Tifa and Aerith, even Yuffie was missed by a lot of people due to how strict her recruitment methods were.

Now we have all 4 girls front and center and done in a way that works better than I could have expected. While orignal FF7 will always be one of the most beloved games i've played I absolutely adore the remake.

As far as remakes for games with twists go, System Shock is due out soon and we'll see if that's as good as the original. I know some people hated the original due to levelling up and being possible to do it so wrong you could no longer progress in the game but it seems they changed all that.

The entire purpose of the God of War series existing is because Kratos went on a rampage and wiped out Olympus when he was tricked into killing his wife and child. His skin is stained white with the ashes of that burning village.

Deaths are still an easy way to draw people in though.

Think about popular tv shows of recent memory. GoT used killing main characters off all the time. Spartacus did it really well. Crixus death was done to perfection, if they had killed him off earlier it wouldn't have hit at all but near the end when he was loved... perfick. Vikings did it really well too. Ragnar's death and the battle following it was awesome. Even a kids book, Harry Potter, used death incredibly well. Didn't even need to kill off any of the big main characters, the death of one of the twins was enough but along with Snape who had been protecting Harry all along and Sirius who was the last of his family, both characters that weren't exactly fan faves but both deaths impacted the story and the characters.

Killing off loved ones in a story is a cheap way to get fans behind their protag of choice but it works and worked insanely well for 1 of the most popular super heroes of all time and one of the most beloved and violent. Batman being the first with his parents death being the motivation to start his campaign and Punisher being the second who saw his entire family murdered which sent him on a violent rampage of revenge.

It's cheap, we see through it most of the time but it still works.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Wow, that was a hell of an end ! Sacred_Sage I am happy to have followed this game trough, In my case Rebecca sacrificed herself, to save her sister, (Main save)
In spite of all coments, about bad ending, I share Ava's point of view, the Story, recieved more weight with the death of one of the characters, and the choicem Lilly the inocent, Paige the Badass, or Rebecca the vengefull, you gave the player a good choice in the ending of the story.
Courios and exited about your next project hope to have notice soon !
Kudos great work and it will be somthing special for you as well as for me !
abrazo and Good Luck in your future projects.

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Hi Fellas,

does anyone know if I must follow the 7 LI in order to reach the end of the game?

I’m only interested in 3 of them, but probably nearly as the game goes to the end, I would like to choose just one of them.

So, is that possible or this kind of “harem” means I must try to reach highest levels from each girl until the end of the game ?

Cheers

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hi Fellas,

does anyone know if I must follow the 7 LI in order to reach the end of the game?

I’m only interested in 3 of them, but probably nearly as the game goes to the end, I would like to choose just one of them.

So, is that possible or this kind of “harem” means I must try to reach highest levels from each girl until the end of the game ?

Cheers
It's all or nothing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I know who Paige and Lilly are but who the heck is Rebecca? Is that the one who is working with the idiot who thinks he owns Reclusive Bay? I don't understand why one of the girls has to be killed but I guess it's what the dev wanted.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I know who Paige and Lilly are but who the heck is Rebecca? Is that the one who is working with the idiot who thinks he owns Reclusive Bay? I don't understand why one of the girls has to be killed but I guess it's what the dev wanted.
Lily's stepsister who appears to be working for the bad guys but is trying to bring them down from the inside because she was raped by the younger douchebag and he got away with it.

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
The ending was alright, but not great.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What really fucking bothered me about the end though was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I also was never able to get 30 RS points for Leah and Summer, despite playing the game a few times and even following a WT. But i was able to see their bedroom lewd scenes anyway by using a gallery unlocker. So i'm satisfied.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
To be honest...Cascade is for me the hottest blonde in VN games ever. I prefer her over any other blondes in any famous VN so far. Dev should sell this model to other devs to use it in more VN's...:)

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
To be honest...Cascade is for me the hottest blonde in VN games ever. I prefer her over any other blondes in any famous VN so far. Dev should sell this model to other devs to use it in more VN's...:)
The reason why cascade looks so unique is the fact it is a old model gen 8 probably roughly four years old and I applied wrong materials to her. There is MDL (The correct ones for IRAY) then RSL which is for the other engined used in daz. It was by pure accident that she looked okay. I tried to duplicate this again on many other models and they all looked retarded XD. I will be showing off my next project girls off a little in a video in HOPEFULLY less than 2 weeks.
Or make her the main LI in his new project ? (with a twin sister :p:devilish:)
I have an easter egg of her in the MC bedroom in the new project ;)

lonerboner

Jul 24, 2019
I don't know why some people here are so butthurt when a developer kills a character for their ending LOL. Thumbs Up to you Scared Sage and DPC for having a balls to kill a character and does not mind getting curse by those snowflakes crybabies LOL.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ive enjoyed the story and the journey but i feel then ending was a little too soon.. a bit underwhelmed after enjoying it and what could have been.. good luck on the next endeavour

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
There was literally nothing else to do.

Everything had been wrapped up that the only way to keep it going would be to stretch stories out which would water it down and make it boring.
its a massivly rushed to a finale.. loose ends left abandoned and all that set up for an epic crime villain to be deflated like a 100 year old whoopie cushion.. really glad i stopped patreoning when i did

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes