Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
So Jake gets sentenced to 3 yrs in federal prison but doesn't have to go?
Now he's trying to stop Cascade's board election...

......edit......
Oh, I just noticed that Merlot came back from the dead as well.

bummer.

Last edited:

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
So Jake gets sentenced to 3 yrs in federal prison but doesn't have to go?
Now he's trying to stop Cascade's board election...

......edit......
Oh, I just noticed that Merlot came back from the dead as well.

bummer.
Neither Jake being sentence or Merlot coming back to life happened. You may be playing a build someone decided to change or alter stuff.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Oh, then I'm very sorry, however, after looking at my game
Merlot gets shot and dies at the apartment w Eve.
I might be able to provide a couple of screenshots of that if necessary.

Then many days later

The MC is told, via the help suggestion, to go look for Vivian at the police station at noon.
He goes in to Merlot's old office where Vivian is doing paperwork and upset w Merlot.
At one point saying

"If I had to guess, someone higher up the food chain is not thrilled with Merlot's performance,
but can't exactly get rid of him either. I don't know. I'm trying not to think about it. "
That was right before the Vivian in the bathroom stall scene.

That was the first of several references to Merlot's still being alive I believe.
Again, I think I might be able to provide a screenshot if you need one.

I downloaded the game from the links at the top of this forum and using the Mixdrop site.

The Jake part was
when Vivian told the MC and Paige that Jake was sentenced to ? 3yrs ? federal prison which
was a huge relief to Paige. There were several scenes w/abt Paige during this part dealing w her stressing out and
so forth, or scenes about her being happy due to the prison sentence. I can't remember exactly where it was but can post if I come across it again.
Anyway, Jake has many scenes later w his father about the election and other things.

Sorry....I kinda posted this before I was ready....but anyway, I hope that is some information for you?
(I've deleted the bad stuff from my review and bumped it up a couple stars for a couple days just to
make sure I wasn't too far off base....)
Cheers

Last edited:

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Oh, then I'm very sorry, however, after looking at my game
Merlot gets shot and dies at the apartment w Eve.
I might be able to provide a couple of screenshots of that if necessary.

Then many days later

The MC is told, via the help suggestion, to go look for Vivian at the police station at noon.
He goes in to Merlot's old office where Vivian is doing paperwork and upset w Merlot.
At one point saying

"If I had to guess, someone higher up the food chain is not thrilled with Merlot's performance,
but can't exactly get rid of him either. I don't know. I'm trying not to think about it. "
That was right before the Vivian in the bathroom stall scene.

That was the first of several references to Merlot's still being alive I believe.
Again, I think I might be able to provide a screenshot if you need one.

I downloaded the game from the links at the top of this forum and using the Mixdrop site.

The Jake part was
when Vivian told the MC and Paige that Jake was sentenced to ? 3yrs ? federal prison which
was a huge relief to Paige. There were several scenes w/abt Paige during this part dealing w her stressing out and
so forth, or scenes about her being happy due to the prison sentence. I can't remember exactly where it was but can post if I come across it again.
Anyway, Jake has many scenes later w his father about the election and other things.

Sorry....I kinda posted this before I was ready....but anyway, I hope that is some information for you?
(I've deleted the bad stuff from my review and bumped it up a couple stars for a couple days just to
make sure I wasn't too far off base....)
Cheers
Jake wasn't the one that broke into Paige's room it was one of his hitchmen... Merlot shouldnt have been in that scene might have been an overlook on my part.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Jake wasn't the one that broke into Paige's room it was one of his hitchmen... Merlot shouldnt have been in that scene might have been an overlook on my part.
Ah, I do see what you are talking about.
Just for kicks, though, in my game there's

Jake shooting.....
Hospital scenes....
Then the next scene is Paige in the dining room talking about tweezer dick, which ends w the detective
talking about the 3yr sentence. (when I went back, I did see the one mention of b&e)
but again, I'd hope you could see my mistake in thinking it was Jake since it was kind of
still the same part of the game regarding Jake shooting and nothing else had happened in between scenes.

At any rate.
Best of luck w your new endeavor Selara. I watched your video about it including things
you addressed about this game. Looks like you will do very well.

I deleted most of my review and changed it as it was honestly too harsh anyway. So you might
want to 'unlike' it or whatever.... lol
Have A Good One
Cheers

Reactions: Sacred_Sage

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
i waited for complete game, but after comments i think that probably is it not worth ... is this another "acting lessons" where your love interests dying at the end?

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
i waited for complete game, but after comments i think that probably is it not worth ... is this another "acting lessons" where your love interests dying at the end?
Sort of. Depending on your choices, either one of 2 specific love interests will die, or a specific "side girl" will die. It's just one of 3 specific characters. The rest of your harem/LIs will survive (and if that "side girl" survives, she will become part of your harem).

I've previously described which choices makes which of the three die in a previous post in this thread (includes spoilers).

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
Sort of. Depending on your choices, either one of 2 specific love interests will die, or a specific "side girl" will die. It's just one of 3 specific characters. The rest of your harem/LIs will survive (and if that "side girl" survives, she will become part of your harem).

I've previously described which choices makes which of the three die in a previous post in this thread (includes spoilers).
yeah, so nothing for me i guess, will wait what another game will be about.

Reactions: qaywsx

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I would probably at least still play to the final scene with Cascade though which is right before the end because you can choose to give her a baby, which was a yes for me. But right after that is the ending scenes.

kros94

Mar 20, 2023
I would probably at least still play to the final scene with Cascade though which is right before the end because you can choose to give her a baby, which was a yes for me. But right after that is the ending scenes.
Thank u but i am not much interested to play game when i know that i dont want finish it all

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Thank u but i am not much interested to play game when i know that i dont want finish it all
That's understandable, I wish I hadn't played the ending either because it sucked. Probably one of the worst endings I have played in an VN.

Reactions: kros94

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
If u think than try acting lessons :)
I will never play that game because I read the comments and already know what happens :cry:.
Didn't like that ending either, but at least you're given a clear choice at the time, not something happens because of obscure choices made earlier in the game.

One girl dies because you prevented her getting shot earlier in the game - surely getting yourself shot preventing her being shot earlier in the game suggests you would do anything to stop her dying in the end too.
Another girl dies because you told her Dad that you were on her side and aiming for the same thing that she is, if you stay quiet and don't tell him that you can work together then she survives - again the choice to make her die is the choice that appears to be best for her.
The other girl dies because you do the things that prevent the other two from dying, there's absolutely no way of saving her through your choices related to her.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
This is a rushed ending for sure, the Dev obviously lost interest in the story, not fair to the patrons really, but I must say it was definitely a good story (other than the ending) Loved Cascade would have liked to actually see a wedding scene with your main LI and that would definitely have been Cascade to me

Reactions: User1230

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Is there some specific thing that triggers the ending, I loaded my last save from v0.44 in v1.0 but nothing is happening nothing new, so I loaded Shawns mod and it doesn't have anything new either????

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Didn't like that ending either, but at least you're given a clear choice at the time, not something happens because of obscure choices made earlier in the game.

One girl dies because you prevented her getting shot earlier in the game - surely getting yourself shot preventing her being shot earlier in the game suggests you would do anything to stop her dying in the end too.
Another girl dies because you told her Dad that you were on her side and aiming for the same thing that she is, if you stay quiet and don't tell him that you can work together then she survives - again the choice to make her die is the choice that appears to be best for her.
The other girl dies because you do the things that prevent the other two from dying, there's absolutely no way of saving her through your choices related to her.
like all your favorite games but Being a Dik, I hate games/stories that abuse people for the sake of making money, should be against the law to make them

Reactions: Caeir
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes