3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

goldcut

Aug 22, 2017
Saving will frustrate people, since you start the whole battle from scratch on that stage as well.
Any possibility for a bookmark function like in FE, or doesn't the engine permit it?
You can save at the start of every turn, no need to restart an entire stage.

Reactions: billzechs

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Chapter 6 needs tweaking, dude you gotta save dies before you even get there. -_-
Yeah, I got to chapter 11 in version 0.1 and found that chapter 6 and the one that introduces Elena were hard as fuck (since she was basically suicidal, at least in 0.1). Chapter 11 is where I got stuck and pretty much gave up. I guess the only advice I can give for chapter 6 is that, when I finally won it, I went down the right side and not the left. Tried and failed both many times, but eventually got it to work on the right side.

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
Yeah, I got to chapter 11 in version 0.1 and found that chapter 6 and the one that introduces Elena were hard as fuck (since she was basically suicidal, at least in 0.1). Chapter 11 is where I got stuck and pretty much gave up. I guess the only advice I can give for chapter 6 is that, when I finally won it, I went down the right side and not the left. Tried and failed both many times, but eventually got it to work on the right side.
Rushing right side, but the dude gets his ass beaten before you get there with your whole cavalry. His retainers just die like flies. Im a stubborn FE player, but this shit takes the cake. Not even a singel teleporter og flying unit that can transport you down to save his ass. He could at least keep his ass in the tower where he gets more avoidance, but no idiot rushes right out to get his ass handed to him by 2 different riders in the woods.
Might as well add some horse rape on the dude.

Last edited:

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Rushing right side, but the dude gets his ass beaten before you get there with your whole cavalry. His retainers just die like flies. Im a stubborn FE player, but this shit takes the cake. Not even a singel teleporter og flying unit that can transport you down to save his ass. He could at least his ass in the tower where he gets more avoidance, but no idiot rushes right out to get his ass handed to him by 2 different riders in the woods.
Yeah, I think most of the maps with allies are heavily luck based on just how they will act. Though even if he hung back, their is a super powerful unit to the right of the bridge that will eventually cross it and kill them all if you don't stop that unit yourself in time. Which is why I recommend the right. If not for that one unit, the left would probably be easier. But, that one on the right side is there.

I was pretty stubborn in playing it since I loved the story from the dev's previous games and wanted to see the story here, but I have no experience with FE or most SRPG games other than Disgaea. I was honestly not sure if these games are normally this hard and I just suck or if this one was just extra difficult. I figured I just really sucked at it.

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
So I end up like this all the time, killed the dude to the right as well, even sacrificed 2 riders for it.
But still he will get his ass handed to him.
Its always the two riders from the bottom that come and ravage him.
Uten navn.jpg

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
So I end up like this all the time, killed the dude to the right as well, even sacrificed 2 riders for it.
But still he will get his ass handed to him.
Its always the two riders from the bottom that come and ravage him.
View attachment 881576
Hmm...I know on the dev's blog he said he changed some old maps around. Possible that one got harder or simply has to be handled differently. Maybe the left side is easier now, or maybe the whole map is way harder. I do know though that it took me many tries to eventually get it. I think those riders on the bottom either did nothing or got killed by the allies in 0.1, but I don't remember that well. It does kinda sound like the map was made harder (I assume unintentionally), but it was pretty rough to start with. Well, again, I have no FE experience. I just guessing this is considered hard compared to FE.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Ugh, and I spent so much time trying to balance that (sixth) chapter. I guess I need to rework it completely. Yeah, chapters with allies are nightmare to implement without one AI side mopping the floor with another.

I'll try to whip up a patch today.

I think it takes place in the same world as them too, as at least some of the names of places seem the same. But I didn't read most of the codex files in Divinion, so I could be wrong.
Nope, it's unrelated to Divinion storyline.

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
Sigh time like this I miss Camillas sweet big sisterly flirty words ><
Gonna go play some FE Conquests on Lunatic.

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Ugh, and I spent so much time trying to balance that (sixth) chapter. I guess I need to rework it completely. Yeah, chapters with allies are nightmare to implement without one AI side mopping the floor with another.

I'll try to whip up a patch today.
I can certainly imagine the difficulty of trying to balance that. Make them too strong and they'll do all the work for the player, just make them weak but unkillable and there's no sense of urgency, etc. Only thing I can think of is maybe less enemies for the player to go through.

Unrelated to chapter 6, but I've been stuck on chapter 11 for a few weeks (well, honestly, I stopped trying after a few days of failing). I can typically get to turn 9 where at the point I have no one left to defend the target. Is there some trick to that chapter?

Nope, it's unrelated to Divinion storyline.
Oh, thought I saw one of the characters mention Resticia in one of those side scenes at the start of one chapter, but guess I miss-read it.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Unrelated to chapter 6, but I've been stuck on chapter 11 for a few weeks (well, honestly, I stopped trying after a few days of failing). I can typically get to turn 9 where at the point I have no one left to defend the target. Is there some trick to that chapter?
Use units like Aston or Agnes to block chokepoints. Enemies near the main entrance will take some time to arrive, which you can use to mow down attackers to the north and south.

I'll try to tweak this chapter as well in incoming patch.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Hmm. Rare to see SRPG Maker around here. Maybe it'll get more common, though. But then, that'd require going through whatever's out there and translating it if needed.

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
Use units like Aston or Agnes to block chokepoints. Enemies near the main entrance will take some time to arrive, which you can use to mow down attackers to the north and south.

I'll put some tweaks on this chapter as well.
Think I found out the reason for the problem. The AI doesn't like that you forget to unequip the ubersword on the main character after moving him. The max stats does that they don't go to the right and that makes them all charge the dude at the tower.

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019

I'll try to tweak this chapter as well in incoming patch.
Gotcha, thanks. I'll try that.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes