3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
which fights am i supposed to loose in this game ? Because i frankly admit, playing this game like intended is just a chore for me.

the units except for the axe guys and caster feel useless. i have no idea if this is because the axe guys are just stronger or if i just had luck with the exp.
every new unit i get is a joke, except suprise: the general with the axe.

the only thing i have to do is move the axe guys forward, make sure they cant get killed by beeing swarmed by the enemy via sacrificing all the useless units, then heal them up and win.
is there something im totally missing ? because if thats the gameplay id rather cheat.
Uhhh, it just feels like this isn't kind of game you'll enjoy. Do you have any experience with other SRPGs? I tried to model balance in this game after Fire Emblem (more specifically, FE: Path of Radiance).

I can only give you some basic tips, but I don't know if this will help you enjoy the game:

-Unit classes exist kind of in paper-stone-scissors situation: mages beat fighters, fighters beat archers and archers do well against mages. Also, I hope you remember lesson about weapon triangle from first mission. if not, google it, it works in similar vein as in Fire Emblem series.

-As you've noticed, some units, like Aston, Thurnausen, Repanse or even Elena start with better stats than others. Use them to lure/tank enemy units and combat bosses. Meanwhile, when possible, have your weaker untis deal finishing blows and gain XP. In late game, they'll end up way stronger than aforementioned veterans.

Dora is good example of this, at the beginning she has hard time dealing any damage, but after promotion, she'll rip though enemy casters with her high speed and critical rate. She'll never do well against tanks though.

-When mission doesn't put you on a clock, take your time: clear all enemies and focus on leveling up your weaker units. Abuse your priests: staves are way more cost-effective than healing items. Don't rush into swarms of enemies, but try to ,lure them one after another.

I can imagine you rushed early missions, cleaned most enemies with Aston (who has weak growths + gains less XP with his advanced class) and as a result, your guys are underleveled. Are you playing on easy?

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Not sure if the engine supports it but a restart level option when you have a game over wouldn't be amiss, was in one of the early chapters on one of the annoying go rescue allies missions and only to figure out that it was too late to save them but I had already saved over my last save after the point of no return so after spending over half an hour smashing my head against a brick wall trying to brute force my way to a miracle victory had to give up on that save entirely.

While the fire emblem like combat is enjoyable enough I am not looking foreword to having to replay several hours worth of levels.

(Also before someone says it, I am aware that this is entirely my own fault for not maintaining multiple saves, I have gotten far too used to games offering a restart level option so didn't particularly think I could get locked in an unwinnable state.)

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I'll might have a save file before mission 6 in one of my archives; I'll try to send it to you if I find it.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Dideldidum

May 19, 2017
Uhhh, it just feels like this isn't kind of game you'll enjoy. Do you have any experience with other SRPGs? I tried to model balance in this game after Fire Emblem (more specifically, FE: Path of Radiance).
only 2-3 hentai srpgs, those werent that good imho, but there was less grind until the hentai usually.

-When mission doesn't put you on a clock, take your time: clear all enemies and focus on leveling up your weaker units. Abuse your priests: staves are way more cost-effective than healing items. Don't rush into swarms of enemies, but try to ,lure them one after another.

I can imagine you rushed early missions, cleaned most enemies with Aston (who has weak growths + gains less XP with his advanced class) and as a result, your guys are underleveled. Are you playing on easy?
i actually always killed every single enemy. i used the +30% exp mode.
big problem is the following: due to the nature of your starting units (good units shit later on, shit units good later on), its really easy for units like dora to die. even the knight girls arent much use depending on the enemy unit.
when you are like me, a major noob (in srpgs), this gameplay gives you no hint which units are good later on and should be fed exp. especially since it slows down your game. its actually easier to not do that. edit: and yes i merely glanced at weapon explanation. i now know how important it is.

considering that u can just send out units without weapons (i mean seriously ?), there is in my opinion no reason not to just cheat everything to max level, give yourself endless bonus points for weapon repair, and just avoid the story mistakes by removing the weapons from your units and loose on purpose. from the way the game goes right now (chapter 8) and your comments i assume, the whole part unti chapter 30+ is just intro and backstory for all the myriad of characters.

id rather enjoy the story because the gameplay really isnt good enough imho to replay every chapter until i can do it with the recommended dificulty. might be different if there were some gor or other hentai scenes inbetween, but since its really only story, id rather rush trhough the levels.

story wise i am starting to like this. there are some minor writing mistakes but otherwise it´s a nice story with good hints to the overall arc.

Last edited:

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I personally hate the randomness in level ups and the lack of free scenarios, basic items are only useful if you are allowed to grind with no possibility to do so you can only abuse the MC sword war axe etc...

EDIT: Allowing us to buy light and fire tomes at the beginning would help a lot.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Eventually got over my annoyance with myself for the whole saving debacle and decided to give this another shot, just managed to get past where I got stuck last time and am now on Chapter 7 and I have found what I am pretty certain is a bug. One of the supports in this chapter "At Cassie's" awards a Healing Herbs when done, the problem lies in the fact that you can repeat the event to gain as many as can be fit in you convoy. This isn't a massive issue or anything and given I'm not the best at this game I can't even really tell how exploitable it is but it certainly doesn't seem to be working as intended and if other supports further in award items then it may result in a infinite supply of something more valuable.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Awesome game dev, while some missions are a bit on the difficult side (the ones where you have to save allies in time come to mind) most of the game is pretty enjoyable since I have played lots of SRPGs. Been doing a little save scumming on the level ups and now Dora has become a one-shot crit machine hahahaha, I hope that picnic scene (which I have no idea why is on the menu) doesn't mean that they will leave the roster at some point...

billzechs

Jun 22, 2019
Okay, here you go: version 0.21. Just move your saves folder and load the save from before the troublesome mission (changes won't work on saves made mid-chapter, it must be save made at the end of previous map or earlier).

MEGA

It should make chapters 4, 6 and 11 a bit easier. It also fixes triggers to a few H-scenes (I didn't know adding scene to gallery resets them, goddamnit SRPG Studio).

Cool. My oldest save is mission start/select unit screen for chapter 11, so I guess I'll still need to start over, but I'll be able to give some feedback on how chapter 4 and 6 go now.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Eventually got over my annoyance with myself for the whole saving debacle and decided to give this another shot, just managed to get past where I got stuck last time and am now on Chapter 7 and I have found what I am pretty certain is a bug. One of the supports in this chapter "At Cassie's" awards a Healing Herbs when done, the problem lies in the fact that you can repeat the event to gain as many as can be fit in you convoy. This isn't a massive issue or anything and given I'm not the best at this game I can't even really tell how exploitable it is but it certainly doesn't seem to be working as intended and if other supports further in award items then it may result in a infinite supply of something more valuable.
Thanks, I'll fix that in next release.

I'll also add difficulty option that not only increases xp gains, but also lowers enemy defensive stats.

Cool. My oldest save is mission start/select unit screen for chapter 11, so I guess I'll still need to start over, but I'll be able to give some feedback on how chapter 4 and 6 go now.
You should be fine, most tuning I did in c11 relates to enemy spawns, and those are not save-dependent.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Thanks, I'll fix that in next release.

I'll also add difficulty option that not only increases xp gains, but also lowers enemy defensive stats.

You should be fine, most tuning I did in c11 relates to enemy spawns, and those are not save-dependent.
I must say that I having been playing on normal and despite being a relative noob at games like this (never really have had the opportunity or time to play a fire emblem game,) unless I am completely misjudging how much my victories are down to luck the game seems decently balanced in terms of providing a good challenge and still being achievable.

I know enough about these types of games from watching them and hearing others talk about them to know that units that start with advance classes have poor long term growth, I have instead been using these units to try and set up kills for the other units as well as sometimes as bait but when in maps that are time limited I find myself having to rely on them to fight properly or else fail the map. While I know that any xp gained by these units is xp better gained elsewhere I was wandering how badly such things would affect the long term growth of my army?

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I know enough about these types of games from watching them and hearing others talk about them to know that units that start with advance classes have poor long term growth, I have instead been using these units to try and set up kills for the other units as well as sometimes as bait but when in maps that are time limited I find myself having to rely on them to fight properly or else fail the map. While I know that any xp gained by these units is xp better gained elsewhere I was wandering how badly such things would affect the long term growth of my army?
Basically, unless RNG really screws you up during level-ups, as long as your basic units keep up with enemy levels, you should be just fine. After +- 20 chapters, the line becomes more blurried, but at that point you will have way bigger roster than available slots on map and probably selected your favourites.So some units can fall behind others if you choose not to use them, except maybe those that you need to rely on (MCs, at least one mage to melt sturdier bosses, fliers when you get them).

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Ran into more things on the bug front this time on Chapter 12 two of them this time, one concerning the Dukes troops that start to the north of you over the river the other involving a unit to the northeast.
One is concerning the Foot Knight, when it attacks the animation would play as normal when he attacks but when the time comes for my unit to retaliate the game just hangs. I waited over a minute to see if it was lag but nothing changes. I haven't tested it exhaustively but it happens when at least Aston and Osbert are targeted.
The other I can't pin down the exact cause other than it always involves at least one archer it tended to happen when the imperial archer to the right of the river targeted Eugeo when they attack the message
"code [10 64] [2020/11/03 10:23:11] attack\attack_realbattle.js Line 315: 'null' is null or not an object " pops up and when confirmed the game closes.

Both of these issues are avoided if real battles are turned off in the menu so the game is still playable but it is a rather annoying bug.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I'll look into the first one, that seems like simple animation loop bug, but the second one is known issue with SRPG studio, I have no idea how to rid of it, since it strikes completely at random.

stking

Oct 31, 2017
All my game saves got deleted I can't remember the chapter I was on, but it was I think 3 to 4 chapters after you steal the wagon. I really don't want to go through all that work I did and I was on easy and it took about 3hrs to get there. So please all I'm asking for is a save close to that if that's possible. I just can't do it again and I want to see the content and enjoy the story, but I can't go 20 chapters again that's torture

Lexan626

Mar 1, 2020
All my game saves got deleted I can't remember the chapter I was on, but it was I think 3 to 4 chapters after you steal the wagon. I really don't want to go through all that work I did and I was on easy and it took about 3hrs to get there. So please all I'm asking for is a save close to that if that's possible. I just can't do it again and I want to see the content and enjoy the story, but I can't go 20 chapters again that's torture
Hey!
I played on normal and am unfortunately only on chapter nine right now. But you can get a save now if you want or I can get in touch when I have worked through some more

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes