3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
As promised I come bearing links to a combat test!!! These are non-spoiler battles with no story, I'm just looking for feedback on how to improve the combat, preferably either here or in PM

PC

Mac

Reactions: Robotninja

Astolostrat

Dec 24, 2020
after playing I would say things to change are
Damage prediction for actions
turn counter for any given buffs
I would move the command words away from the pictures as its hard to see
Is overhealing a thing, because I healed marek to 36/35

Reactions: harold

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
after playing I would say things to change are
Damage prediction for actions
turn counter for any given buffs
I would move the command words away from the pictures as its hard to see
Is overhealing a thing, because I healed marek to 36/35
I appreciate the solid suggestions, I'll get to work on adding those! I plan on having icons near character healthbars to reflect status changes, I'll put cooldown count on those too.

There shouldn't be overhealing, I must've entered the wrong max health somewhere, it will be fixed final release.

Reactions: Robotninja

RedAnt

Mar 4, 2020
What can be improved (the system as is is good and can be launched as is, those are all minor problem)
  • losing the second battle generate an exception. This might be a problem if you haven't saved in a while.
  • Test each battle twice, one with reasonable move and the other going full attack. I won battle 1 and 3 just by pressing attack, maybe up the difficulty a bit for those if the health is regenerated between battles.
What I like :
  • You can't outheal the damage, meaning you are encouraged to end the battle quickly.
  • Clear system, the right amount of option.
  • Time to kill for the battles seems good IMO, but my opinion might change with the number of battle between text : 1 to 7 is good, 8 to 14 is okay but might be better with shorter individual battle and 15 or more is too slow: minor battle should end in 3 to 4 turn, major one can stay as is.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
What can be improved (the system as is is good and can be launched as is, those are all minor problem)
  • losing the second battle generate an exception. This might be a problem if you haven't saved in a while.
  • Test each battle twice, one with reasonable move and the other going full attack. I won battle 1 and 3 just by pressing attack, maybe up the difficulty a bit for those if the health is regenerated between battles.
What I like :
  • You can't outheal the damage, meaning you are encouraged to end the battle quickly.
  • Clear system, the right amount of option.
  • Time to kill for the battles seems good IMO, but my opinion might change with the number of battle between text : 1 to 7 is good, 8 to 14 is okay but might be better with shorter individual battle and 15 or more is too slow: minor battle should end in 3 to 4 turn, major one can stay as is.
Much thanks and appreciation for your feedback! I had forgotten to change the jump loss target, they're trying to jump to a file not present in the trial, I'll ensure that error won't be in the final release. I'll get to work tweaking the damage on attacks, I wanted the basic attacks to be somewhat competitive with the special attacks so they wouldn't seem too OP, but I also don't want it to be easy to just spam and win lol

Reactions: RedAnt

supertails92

Mar 2, 2018
Finally got around to trying it out!

Two things:

1. The character portraits with action poses are a cool touch, but the text overlays can be a bit difficult to read, especially in Lisolette and Marek's case. I think adding little text boxes below the icons would be a good idea. It would also make things a bit more consistent.

2. I encountered a bug where after beating a battle the defeated enemy boxes stayed on screen after the end of the battle, even staying on when I started another battle.

Bug 1.png Bug 2.png

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Finally got around to trying it out!

Two things:

1. The character portraits with action poses are a cool touch, but the text overlays can be a bit difficult to read, especially in Lisolette and Marek's case. I think adding little text boxes below the icons would be a good idea. It would also make things a bit more consistent.

2. I encountered a bug where after beating a battle the defeated enemy boxes stayed on screen after the end of the battle, even staying on when I started another battle.

View attachment 2440415 View attachment 2440417
I found the problem, I didn't hide the screens for the test version so the overlays stay, I'll make note of that so it doesn't affect the final release! I'll also fix the text overlay on the action buttons so they're more visible, thanks a billion, mates!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I'm not dead I swear, and I bring proof!!

It's a huge cast and I want everyone to have sexytime screentime, so I spent alotta time in KK Studio posing and it's not over yet. This is the biggest hurdle left besides ensuring all battles are bug free!

I censored the girls so it should be spoiler free but just in caaaase
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Release will be in one or two months! And don't worry, I'll remove all the Lisolettes from the CGs. Unless you want an Oops All Lisolettes version of the game

The Priestess

Sep 10, 2019
I'm glad that you are doing well, and that you are coming back to finish this game. I love this game, and can't wait to see the finished project and whats to come

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I'm super happy to say that the game will be coming July, and early July if the debugging goes well, I'm about 2/3 done with the battle checks, after that it's just a matter of touching up some CGs and making the UI friendlier// Bummed I couldn't make the June release, but that's the danger of underestimating coding. As usual, dropping some CGs here, mostly spoiler free!

Sep 21, 2017
I'm super happy to say that the game will be coming July, and early July if the debugging goes well, I'm about 2/3 done with the battle checks, after that it's just a matter of touching up some CGs and making the UI friendlier// Bummed I couldn't make the June release, but that's the danger of underestimating coding. As usual, dropping some CGs here, mostly spoiler free!

Thank you for your efforts and commitment to this project!

Reactions: harold and RedAnt

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016

Nice. I wish you a good luck with this project to be completed one day.

Reactions: harold and RedAnt

RedAnt

Mar 4, 2020
Don't worry about the delay, there is a reason why even games made by people with decades of experience have some cut content. It's very hard to estimate the time needed to do things, and almost impossible to estimate the time needed to correct bugs. No matter when the game release you can be proud of yourself.

leofi

Aug 7, 2017
Woah i didnt play the original game but was interested by it and just learned abt your project going through the thread. Congrats for keping thi alive and finishing i it. Will yu make it for a July release then?

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Woah i didnt play the original game but was interested by it and just learned abt your project going through the thread. Congrats for keping thi alive and finishing i it. Will yu make it for a July release then?
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm happy to say the game is complete! Playing through it one last time and polishing out the rough spots, but all game-breaking bugs have been fixed. Once the play-through is wrapped up I'll release ASAP, Friday or Saturday!

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm happy to say the game is complete! Playing through it one last time and polishing out the rough spots, but all game-breaking bugs have been fixed. Once the play-through is wrapped up I'll release ASAP, Friday or Saturday!
Wait, you mean the whole game? I thought it will be just an update. Wow, you did the great job.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes