ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
So I know there is a guide for the hidden gallery images, but how the heck would you actually find these normally? There doesn't seem to be anything that would draw your attention to them and they're just static pieces of the scenery, sometimes incredibly tiny pieces of it too.
I found them all alone. Well, maybe not
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but I'm sure I would have found that very easily, I just saw mention of it before I was up to that part.
Some visually stand out, others I deduced would be on certain screens if I looked hard enough based on the order they enter into the gallery and the order in which the game currently has you visit places. Page one secrets are found in amongst the Fiona route and page two secrets are in amongst the Prii route.
afaik Poly hasn't released any guide himself, we've had to find them on our own and the guide has so far been put together by Phil.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
read my comment again and you will see why that doesn't apply, also an alternative: a cellphone with the same function.
I don't recall seeing any cellphones and they may not even exist in this world. It obviously has some differences to our own world with some aspects being very technologically advanced and other being inherently "retro" in a way that feels woven into the world rather than as some current trending aesthetic. Their internet is called the quantumnet and a flashback to 10 years ago features a car with AI almost arguing the route of a journey.

Currently, I don't see much of an issue with the hint system but only because it's barely needed at this level of content. It's very easy to track down the two characters you can progress the story with.
Canonically speaking though, how do laptops and cellphones even have these tips? I personally don't need my tip location to be immersive so if a tip menu for any screen were to be included it wouldn't even need to be tied to a device in my opinion, because it doesn't even really make sense within the story in the first place. If it has to be tied to the world in an immersive way, then maybe tie it to the old guy in the MC's head or something.

I understand and respect your complaints when it comes to your personal preferences for gameplay. I agree there should be sandbox/free-roaming/point and click tags in place, it seems like everything made in Renpy automatically just gets slapped with the VN tag.

Regarding the thick prologue and what it means, I'm pretty sure it has been stated in the past that even Poly thinks the prologue is too much in its current form, which is why the skip button was added.
It was seemingly doled out like that as a part of the whole proof of concept demo thing so players knew the stakes and understood the world and what it contains. I believe the intention is to go back and edit it down at some point and bring chunks forward into more manageable flashback exposition, but I assume that would need plot-relevant events going on for them to fit so we won't see those reworks until the MC starts investigating his "accident" or whatever.

Back to the cell phones though, the world-building that's in place is one of the things I really love about this game so far and I'd like to see it continue as Poly envisions it. He simply may not want to include cell phones because they're too convenient for avoiding some plot points. Consider how many older movie plots just wouldn't be able to happen as easily if they were set in a time where all (or even just one) of the characters have a cell phone.

Sorry for the text wall.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don't recall seeing any cellphones and they may not even exist in this world. It obviously has some differences to our own world with some aspects being very technologically advanced and other being inherently "retro" in a way that feels woven into the world rather than as some current trending aesthetic. Their internet is called the quantumnet and a flashback to 20 years ago features a car with AI almost arguing the route of a journey.

Currently, I don't see much of an issue with the hint system but only because it's barely needed at this level of content. It's very easy to track down the two characters you can progress the story with.
Canonically speaking though, how do laptops and cellphones even have these tips? I personally don't need my tip location to be immersive so if a tip menu for any screen were to be included it wouldn't even need to be tied to a device in my opinion, because it doesn't even really make sense within the story in the first place. If it has to be tied to the world in an immersive way, then maybe tie it to the old guy in the MC's head or something.

I understand and respect your complaints when it comes to your personal preferences for gameplay. I agree there should be sandbox/free-roaming/point and click tags in place, it seems like everything made in Renpy automatically just gets slapped with the VN tag.

Regarding the thick prologue and what it means, I'm pretty sure it has been stated in the past that even Poly thinks the prologue is too much in its current form, which is why the skip button was added.
It was seemingly doled out like that as a part of the whole proof of concept demo thing so players knew the stakes and understood the world and what it contains. I believe the intention is to go back and edit it down at some point and bring chucks forward into more manageable flashback exposition, but I assume that would need plot-relevant events going on for them to fit so we won't see those reworks until the MC starts investigating his "accident" or whatever.

Back to the cell phones though, the world-building that's in place is one of the things I really love about this game so far and I'd like to see it continue as Poly envisions it. He simply may not want to include cell phones because they're too convenient for avoiding some plot points. Consider how many older movie plots just wouldn't be able to happen as easily if they were set in a time where all (or even just one) of the characters have a cell phone.

Sorry for the text wall.
I'm ok with text walls, and I get your point, as I said I had stopped after it became sandbox, so I didn't know these details, thank you for that, I was only offering an alternative, but what you implied is something we have on the Deluca family and it works wonders, but there the free-roam is quite limited, as you said it comes down to preference I was just pointing out that again I liked the MMO bit and would like to see more of it but the description should be changed as to not blindside new players, and to point out the tag bit, thanks for the thought out reply.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Reactions: Arelion

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
This is one of the BEST visual presented games I have ever played (as VN). Story also very well written. This was new fresh page to all those standard asset games (not that I hate those). I can't wait to review this game when I finish. I had to comment before finishing this version because game gave me so much joy to begin with. Keep on going devs.

Raizen-sama

Oct 20, 2017
I am really glad that this game is back. The storytelling and writing is strong with this one, so many of it feels real and somehow relatable. I really love the models especially Fiona. But really I think the biggest advantage of this game is that it does not feel far fetched, the build up to scenes has great space, nothing feels rushed and finally we do not have MC who just creeps around the house and touches sleeping characters etc... Hopefully this game is back on track at least to semi-regular updates.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I got stuck after the night time visit to the park. Where am I supposed to go?
In the clues on the laptop, the important words are capitalised. "Afternoon" is obviously meaning it's something to do during the afternoon. "Room" is less helpful but since the clue is in regards to Prii a good guess would be to check her room.
If that doesn't help you may need to progress with Fiona. I'm not sure if there are prerequisites for any events triggering beyond the completion of a characters previous event on their own route.

Reactions: Scyra

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I believe Phil will be updating the guide with visual references as soon as he gets the time but for now, here are the locations of the secrets vaguely described with words alone.
Not in order.
Thanks STAGWOOD for posting this. I finally finished it, not that it is much of a guide anyway :D

So yeah here the Guide to find all the secret locations in the game:

The link in the OP should still work to get there.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes