MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
"Not in for the money" easy to say when he has only few patrons.

But according to this site's rules, it should get the abandoned tag : no news from the dev for more than 3 months (last post on patreon on March 3). Or at least the "on hold" tag if he's studying and doing nothing on the game
Yeah, no matter how many times I read that a dev isn't "in it for the money" I can't help but laugh. At this point it needs the abandoned tag, no matter how busy someone is in real life posting a quick "no update soon" update takes less than 5 minutes. There are devs who have full time jobs, kids, and a relationship to look after and yet we see posts and eventual updates. If Poly wants to work on this whenever the "mood" strikes him then it at least needs an on hold take for the foreseeable future.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Trying to snowball the reasons we have to be angry with him just raises the feelings of gloom around here, we already have the fact he's doing seemingly fuck all to deal with we don't need additional layers of negative speculation.
A lot of people use Patreon as a tip jar. Poly has done nothing to drive anyone to his, that would involve actually creating something.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Seriously, you should all unfollow this thread and just return if there's ever an update. This is just a side project of a college guy who works on it during the holidays while raking in a small sum of money.
Believe me, you'll soon forget about it and move on to more substantial games. That's what I did before the pandemic, so when I saw a new version in the Latest Updates section last summer it literally made my day. That seems to be the best way to go about Poly and his inconstant development.

Nov 11, 2020
Keep in mind that this game has had the Abandoned tag applied to it before and the dev then came out with an update. So it could happen again, but rules are rules.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Keep in mind that this game has had the Abandoned tag applied to it before and the dev then came out with an update. So it could happen again, but rules are rules.
well.................. if rules were followed then many games would have abandoned tag since devs aren't releasing updates just milking.

Nov 11, 2020
well.................. if rules were followed then many games would have abandoned tag since devs aren't releasing updates just milking.
Yep, and they need to be reported on the first post of their thread then. There's so much content here that you can't expect the mods to check on the status of every single game without help from the members.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yep, and they need to be reported on the first post of their thread then. There's so much content here that you can't expect the mods to check on the status of every single game without help from the members.
some mods don't wanna tag for some reason even when dev hasn't made any game related things since year or longer ago.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes