zainon

Jan 27, 2021
hi guys i don't mind NTR as long as it's for a plot and only happens once or twice. the question is does the ntr is everyday or will only happen once/few times? HAHA

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
hi guys i don't mind NTR as long as it's for a plot and only happens once or twice. the question is does the ntr is everyday or will only happen once/few times? HAHA
It depends on what you consider NTR, if NTR=Cuckold, then just a lot of voyeurism (could be argued for one NTR situation). If you go for the more general definition it is left, right, front and center, assuming all banner girls are LIs, all but one have being bent by some NPC, three of them in front of the MC :sick: . Welcome to the shitshow.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Wait did you just compare domination and submission to harem and ntr if so which is which you just made my day
V1900 explained pretty well in the comments below, but yes, in most of the cases harem and ntr are referred as natural opposites because they usually have behind the feelings of dominance and submission opposite feelings. Come on is pretty obvious, you don't need to be a genius to be the correlation.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Oh boy in this exact moment there is 26 votes for vanilla (hate that term) and 6 for NTR, I wonder what it means? Could it be that people didn't like the content of the game? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:. By the way the poll is public everyone can vote.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
He is not wrong even if it sounds strange. It is important to note that he is talking about the fanbase (the reader) not about the characters. So he is saying that the kinks of the fanbase are cemented on dominance (harem) and submission (NTR). Think in terms of interpersonal relations analysis and power balance (when the MC and the player are both male).

On the NTR side of things it has being argued by scholars that the increase in popularity of the genre is in part due to being tired of regularly having to be in control and thus find it relaxing to be in a submissive role.

On the harem side it has being argued that almost always it is based on asymmetric power relations be it the haram or a polygyny relation. The justification for this arrangements is that the male is powerful, he is rich or/and virile, he stands above. On the side of the woman it has being historically argued that a woman entering a polygyny relation is doing so to satisfy the increased libido of the man, or she is a virtuous woman being saved from the condition of being unable to take care of herself because of religion, society or economic issues (see polygyny in Islam and Christianity). So it is that the genre is dominated by males that have one or more ways to stand above and females that are some sort of damsel in distress but also virtuous.

If we compare this to the plot of the game we can see why it has caused such reaction among the fanbase.
But there is something in between. I enjoy games the most that have NTR-esque elements in them. Maybe as a shattering moment (dont get why some are so against that) or even as some kind of "punishment" for poor choices. I enjoy to dance around that. Plain sub/beta NTR storys are boring as hell to me. As well as these curise missile pussy games where no of you choices have real consequences and its is more of a "avoid the pussy you dont like". Both extremes are boring.

I prefer to "fight" for the girls I want - but that is hard because they need character to be worth fighting for. And most devs struggle with that part. WVM as an example has likable girls, but its such over the top harem - you get flooded with pussies and you can barley escape any of them. Despite the good quality of the renders and the unique characters I get bored by that game so quickly.

The fun thing is ... when you play a female character it is not harem, it is a corruption game ... ;) - or is there a fem protag harem game out there? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
But there is something in between. I enjoy games the most that have NTR-esque elements in them. Maybe as a shattering moment (dont get why some are so against that) or even as some kind of "punishment" for poor choices. I enjoy to dance around that. Plain sub/beta NTR storys are boring as hell to me. As well as these curise missile pussy games where no of you choices have real consequences and its is more of a "avoid the pussy you dont like". Both extremes are boring.

I prefer to "fight" for the girls I want - but that is hard because they need character to be worth fighting for. And most devs struggle with that part. WVM as an example has likable girls, but its such over the top harem - you get flooded with pussies and you can barley escape any of them. Despite the good quality of the renders and the unique characters I get bored by that game so quickly.

The fun thing is ... when you play a female character it is not harem, it is a corruption game ... ;) - or is there a fem protag harem game out there? o_O
First of all those descriptions made me chuckle. :D

Damn that is a very specific niche... :unsure:. Ran a tag search for both and came up with two pages (very little), even considering there will be some wrongly tagged there will not be many. I can see your point, of those few titles there are some good ones. (y)

Yeah when it is a female MC it is called reverse harem and it is romance oriented. Can not say I ever saw one of those here but then again I seldom play female MC VNs.

Reactions: Abagofbabies

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018
Here is the Italian translation
of Reload [Ep. 2 Elite]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Reload [Ep. 2 Elite]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Reactions: Dhtolc

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Almost every possible LI is introduced fucking someone else, including your best friend and uncle

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
The funny thing is when the game changes to vanilla/romance/harem... but the patreon page doesn't progress (same as in the beginning) xD

So in the end the developers here are like gambling...

Reactions: Kalsan and Jsd16

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020

I understand your point and I have played some games of that style that I really liked but the great popularity of games like My New Family and WVM itself proves that most do not like NTR-esque elements in games. I personally prefer that there is no type of ntr even if it is avoidable, because it consumes resources and development time in a content that I am not going to play.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
the great popularity of games like My New Family and WVM itself proves that most do not like NTR-esque elements in games.
It does not, depending on what you call ntr (I'll count swinging as ntr, since you guys usually do that). A lot of successful games have it, even if it's rarely the main feature. It's notable though, that Reload didn't attract those interested in ntr until now, so maybe there are other problems in the game too.
Most devs that are already successful and that do hesitate about including this kind of stuff do polls to know if their patrons want or mind the ntr (they legitimately think it's more sensible than the opinions on f95). The dev of farmer dream did it some times ago, and noticed that in the end, those against it are a (very) loud minority. In his community at least.
I don't get why you guys want the market to be homogenous with only the same games (in your own image) everywhere. Talk about boring. If a game doesn't fit your taste, try another one.
I'd add regarding the game of this thread, Reload, that many of you don't seem to realize that not all devs care about money, as far as I understand he just wanted to make this story. Your arguments about "how much he could make if blablabla" seem to be of zero interest for him, he just want to make his game, not yours. But you guys are free to spend your lives here complaining.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
It does not, depending on what you call ntr (I'll count swinging as ntr, since you guys usually do that). A lot of successful games have it, even if it's rarely the main feature. It's notable though, that Reload didn't attract those interested in ntr until now, so maybe there are other problems in the game too.
Most devs that are already successful and that do hesitate about including this kind of stuff do polls to know if their patrons want or mind the ntr (they legitimately think it's more sensible than the opinions on f95). The dev of farmer dream did it some times ago, and noticed that in the end, those against it are a (very) loud minority. In his community at least.
I don't get why you guys want the market to be homogenous with only the same games (in your own image) everywhere. Talk about boring. If a game doesn't fit your taste, try another one.
I'd add regarding the game of this thread, Reload, that many of you don't seem to realize that not all devs care about money, as far as I understand he just wanted to make this story. Your arguments about "how much he could make if blablabla" seem to be of zero interest for him, he just want to make his game, not yours. But you guys are free to spend your lives here complaining.
you do realize that the people complaining are the people he said the game is for right?
harem lovers...with romance...Not NTR...so this used to be or should have been...the game for them...
also if you reached the point where you have to enforce your argument with find another game you already lost the argument.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Its not that we want homogeneous market, we want properly tagged markets, and many NTR devs hide their NTR, or they go around the rosies and call it different.

If a Dev wants to make a game with NTR, so be it, but all we ask is that he properly tags it, which they often dont do (which happeened in this game initially, and its still not present in the OP tags).

And the fact that Romance+Harem doesnt really match with NTR

And the vast majority of polls end up against NTR, by a wiude marging. Never heard of farmer dreams but it seems like its a kink form the players of that game

The problem with this game is that the Dev said it was a Romance+Harem game, and delivered an NTR game, without even being prperly tagged

Last edited:

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
you do realize that the p[eople complaining are the people he said the game is for right?
harem lovers...with romance...Not NTR...so this used to be or should have been...the game for them...
Did he say there wouldn't be ntr in his game ? Well let's assume he fucked up I didn't follow everything he said, he seems Russian or something, maybe he didn't understand some stuff: it's been a while you know what this game is about now. So what's the point whining now, it's been 10 pages you made your point. It's not new anymore.

also if you reached the point where you have to enforce your argument with find another game you already lost the argument.
What kind of reasoning is that rofl. Hey for example, if you go to the cinema expecting a historical movie and instead go watch Alien 3 because of some miscommunication, and that I point out that instead of spending a lifetime complaining about Alien 3 as a movie because it's not the genre you like, you go watch an actually historical drama and not a sci-fi movie, do I "lost the argument" or am I simply making sense ?
As I said you're free to lose your time here, but don't make it something logical because it's not.

Last edited:

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
And the fact that Romance+Harem doesnt really match with NTR
I've often read that but only from people disliking ntr, while in reality, it's only your opinion guys. It depends what you call harem though, since most games have several LIs you can date at the same time anyway, all games containing ntr I ever played had harems.

And the vast majority of polls end up against NTR, by a wiude marging.
Each time I saw a poll related to that on patreon I always saw the opposite, probably because it depends on the communities. Not each community is like WVM's.

The problem with this game is that the Dev said it was a Romance+Harem game, and delivered an NTR game, without even being prperly tagged
As said multiple times, it's tagged now. No matter who tagged it, it's been made, no surprise anymore. As said in my previous post it's very old news.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Did he say there wouldn't be ntr in his game ? Well let's assume he fucked up I didn't follow everything he said, he seems Russian or something, maybe he didn't understand some stuff: it's been a while you know what this game is about now. So what's the point whining now, it's been 10 pages you made your point. It's not new anymore.

What kind of fucked up reasoning is that rofl. Hey for example, if you go to the cinema expecting a historical movie and instead go watch Alien 3 because of some miscommunication, and that I point out that instead of spending a lifetime complaining about Alien 3 as a movie because it's not the genre you like, you go watch an actually historical drama and not a sci-fi movie, do I "lost the argument" or am I simply making sense ?
As I said you're free to lose your time here, but don't make it something logical because it's not.

https://f95zone.to/threads/reload-ep-2-elite-liongames.77059/post-5417026

He said NTR was "planned" (as in not already present in the game), going to be optional and by vote.

NTR was already in the game and was clearly not optional, obviously, since you start the game with NTR and almost every single LI in the game is introducing fucking someone else

By that time, it was very clear that the community already considered NTR being in the game, so dont come with the "he is not english native" crap. He was clearly trying to trick players of all the audiences into staying while not delivering what he was communicating

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Sure, you are right, someone spends time and money creating something, posts it on their Patreon, and does not expect to make money with it. Do you think before writing? And the typical "is his story" is not an intelligent comment either, a good developer must find a balance between what he wants to create and what the public wants to consume.

2.50 star(s) 19 Votes