Sep 3, 2020
LOL. :cool: There were some groups of oversmart mindless trolls who continously attacked me with personal insults for drawing an analogous to compare the attitude between Kyois and ICSTOR (from 2018). Alas, I really wanted this game to go on. So many better games have been already abandoned this year it's sad.
abandoned nooooooooooo

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
LOL. :cool: There were some groups of oversmart mindless trolls who continously attacked me with personal insults for drawing an analogous to compare the attitude between Kyois and ICSTOR (from 2018). Alas, I really wanted this game to go on. So many better games have been already abandoned this year it's sad.
That is still a stoopid comparison since icstor has continued to accept money while Kyois has paused his patreon since several months back.

And as Lazer said, the abandoned tag on a pirate forum means absolutely nothing in regards to the games development. Until anything is confirmed by Kyois himself the game is still in development.

But you do you, Boo.....

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Oh fuck, thats just unfair. Tons of games with no soul, no story etc can continue but a game with a story this good, cant continue? Is there any announcement about abondoning or dev just vanished? God, I was waiting impatiently for this games next update, story was so good and solid to se an "abondoned" tag. =S I hope Kyois is alright and return this story someday =S

riverrungames

Dominus vobiscum
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
I'm a little late to the party, but wow, this game is truly one of a kind. A brilliant cult classic, I'm certainly glad I discovered it. Love how it throws you into the deep end with the lore: the races, arcane powers, the mythologies. The interweaving stories and progressions in plot never get confusing because there's an organizing principle to the chaos; the skeleton key represented in the characters. Each character is developed in such a naturalistic manner, their interactions with the protagonist are so spontaneous and charged with tension, sexual or otherwise, and their personalities are well defined and conceptualized (Vanessa and Alvara), it's hard not to gush about it.

Reluctant Archon is structured like a detective novel in how the narrative flows, but it's set in a modern fantasy world; it's such a weird and interesting combination and the dev blends these genres together seamlessly. (The game gave me serious VTM: Bloodlines vibes). Hoping Kyois finds a way back into the groove in due course and continue what seems to be one of the more ambitious and worthwhile enterprises I've seen of this type. Best of luck.

ArCHiS

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2020
Don´t worry be happy !

If there is no news about game cancelation on Zivairs patreon page, it's most likley just a delayed release.

I think that The "Abandon tag" is set by F95 staff, not the developer unless it was requested by him?

So have some faith fellow perws !

Reactions: noobchan51515

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Don´t worry be happy !

If there is no news about game cancelation on Zivairs patreon page, it's most likley just a delayed release.

I think that The "Abandon tag" is set by F95 staff, not the developer unless it was requested by him?

So have some faith fellow perws !
Yeah, I think it's auto added if there is no word from the Dev in 3 months, a solitarily F95 feature

Scrubberino

Aug 9, 2019
Pretty much how it works, yeah.

We never had that many posts by Kyois, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary.
It's still the same waiting game for the update.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Regardless of how it's applied, the Abandoned tag is, as HornyyPussy said, just an F95 feature.
It has no necessary relation to the RL situation with the dev & the game. It's just a reflection of the rules of this site's specific classification system.
The Abandoned tag being applied to this game does not mean that the game has been abandoned by Kyois.
It just means that it has gone past the threshold that this site allows.

SVen_Krules

Aug 14, 2017
hope this becomes un-abandoned because this story and game was FAR too GOOD to be left unfinished, hopefully whatever happened can be overcame and this can be picked up from where it leaves off in chapter 4
I know right? The story could legit be a novel if it really wanted to. I hope the creator would give us an update soon.

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
How many games come back from the "dead" after receiving an [abandoned] tag? I think not so many, and the ones that did come back ended up being abandoned for good some time later, i really dont remember of one being 100% completed after the abandoned tag (but i didnt play all the games, so...). Someone said the dev didnt get a promotion he wanted, and if he somehow blames the game for it, i think its quite unlikely for him to continue, maybe he took some time to think about it.
Since only the save folder is stored on my pc, im gonna wait to see whats gonna happen, i hope he is okay and wanting to finish R.A.,well, i still have hopes that "Connected" will continue someday..so im gonna cross my fingers for this one too

Reactions: imaginatus

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
How many games come back from the "dead" after receiving an [abandoned] tag? I think not so many, and the ones that did come back ended up being abandoned for good some time later, i really dont remember of one being 100% completed after the abandoned tag (but i didnt play all the games, so...). Someone said the dev didnt get a promotion he wanted, and if he somehow blames the game for it, i think its quite unlikely for him to continue, maybe he took some time to think about it.
Since only the save folder is stored on my pc, im gonna wait to see whats gonna happen, i hope he is okay and wanting to finish R.A.,well, i still have hopes that "Connected" will continue someday..so im gonna cross my fingers for this one too
its true there are very few games which come back, but i'm hopeful for this 1

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Man, I really hope this isnt gone for good. I just started going through it and its great. I mean...the MC is really powerful from the get go but otherwise I am really enjoying the story. Usually I'm bored out of my mind when games dont have music to go along with it but the story is so interesting, I am actually surprised when a scene does have music. That's pretty awesome for me. It's like I am reading a book written by a best-selling author. wtf.

Reactions: operamini

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
some and some of those are just to get more money on dev's bankaccount on cayman islands and rest are back to work permanently or some months.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Such a shame that this game got abandonned it was a great game

Had a enjoyable story so far

Man im so sad
As said by others in the previous page, the "Abandoned" tag is just a feature of this site (f95one), and doesn't necessarily mean it's abandoned.

Yeah, I think it's auto added if there is no word from the Dev in 3 months, a solitarily F95 feature
Regardless of how it's applied, the Abandoned tag is, as HornyyPussy said, just an F95 feature.
It has no necessary relation to the RL situation with the dev & the game. It's just a reflection of the rules of this site's specific classification system.
The Abandoned tag being applied to this game does not mean that the game has been abandoned by Kyois.
It just means that it has gone past the threshold that this site allows.

Reactions: HornyyPussy
4.60 star(s) 69 Votes