kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
If so it is a shame, fantasy + reality are not that common, hope the dev is going alright this said...
there's actually a few good urban fantasy VNs here...

Love of Magic, Sorcerer, not sure if it falls under urban fantasy, but a house in the rift, lunar's chosen, serenity, and sylphine (but that's being rebuilt from the ground up)

Reactions: miyaa1306

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Is there any activity on this project's Discord? Based on the fact that the creator is still making $450 a month, I find it hard to believe that he isn't just posting updates elsewhere. Other abandoned projects' Patreon pages I've seen, while still earning some money per month, is no where near this amount. It would be closer to something like 5 patrons (or, like, $23 per month) remaining and those are only there because the patrons haven't looked at their Patreon lately and are just letting their cards process the payments

• Angry
Reactions: Steinchen

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Is there any activity on this project's Discord? Based on the fact that the creator is still making $450 a month, I find it hard to believe that he isn't just posting updates elsewhere. Other abandoned projects' Patreon pages I've seen, while still earning some money per month, is no where near this amount. It would be closer to something like 5 patrons (or, like, $23 per month) remaining and those are only there because the patrons haven't looked at their Patreon lately and are just letting their cards process the payments
ever thought about that the payment could mabye have paused????

all you guys always see is a "inactive" dev that still makes a few hundred bucks just because it shows at his pantreon page.

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
He hasn't posted in his discord since May 2021 and to the best of my knowledge there's no updates/progress on this at all.

The reason there's still a lot of patreons is cuz he's had patreon paused the whole time so nobody has been getting charged. There are other games like https://f95zone.to/threads/cloud-10-2020-09-05-team-albedo.32664/ for example that have are not being updated for a long time but still have high Patreon numbers because they just pause Patreon so nobody gets charged.

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Ah okay. Makes sense. I'm not a Patreon creator so I don't know about the options you can choose. Last time I looked at Patreon in depth, there was this new-fangled payment option of "per post/update" instead of "per month". I assumed it was all automated and the only way to stop payments was to delete the page

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
Ah okay. Makes sense. I'm not a Patreon creator so I don't know about the options you can choose. Last time I looked at Patreon in depth, there was this new-fangled payment option of "per post/update" instead of "per month". I assumed it was all automated and the only way to stop payments was to delete the page
That option of "per post/update" instead of "per month" has been there for ages, at the very least it was a thing when I started using Patreon in 2014. Back then you couldn't instantly get charged and instead when you pledged you had to wait for the 1st of the next month to be a Patreon and get the rewards, probably due to technical or accounting limitations at Patreon. I think that's still an option actually but when they allowed instant pledges it became universally adopted.

Anyway almost nobody uses the per post/update system even for creators like writers where it probably would make more sense so yeah. Per month is just vastly more popular.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Anyway almost nobody uses the per post/update system even for creators like writers where it probably would make more sense so yeah. Per month is just vastly more popular.
cuz latter gives thrm more money and don't necessarily need to release anything.

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
cuz latter gives thrm more money and don't necessarily need to release anything.
Depends, some active creators do a lot more than 1 post a month. But I guess 1 time a month is just more convenient for everybody cuz people would lower their pledges a lot if they were charged for every weekly update.

Most creators that don't release anything for months and just ghost everybody lose almost all their Patreons pretty fast (the exception being the aforementioned long term Patreon pause).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Most creators that don't release anything for months and just ghost everybody lose almost all their Patreons pretty fast (the exception being the aforementioned long term Patreon pause).
that depends how thoroughly supporters check their cc-bill.

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
that depends how thoroughly supporters check their cc-bill.
I mean this isn't a hypothetical, there are creators who have just ghosted their Patreons and lost almost all their Patreons. Sure some stick around but their total take does fall pretty quick after a while.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I mean this isn't a hypothetical, there are creators who have just ghosted their Patreons and lost almost all their Patreons. Sure some stick around but their total take does fall pretty quick after a while.
sure those who check what they support vanish quickly but those who don't will support quite a long time.

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
sure those who check what they support vanish quickly but those who don't will support quite a long time.
Yeah but as we know from creators who've done that, there just aren't that many of those people. If a creator was getting $1000 a month and they drop to like $50, I'd say that's pretty significant. Sure they might get $50 for years afterward but compared to before they're really not making much so the whole ghosting and praying you keep getting money strategy doesn't really pan out.

iamvenom

Feb 1, 2021
Damn it hurts! After not getting any updates for a lil while I expected the worst but the patreon numbers seemed good enough to not abandon the project plus the dev was planning a vacation, so I was hopeful but kinda forgot about the game since then due to work until today and then I saw the tag.... Wouldn't lie it felt painful..as this is one of the few rare games that I genuinely loved and was extremely excited about. I used to check what's up with it every few days... I now feel terrible for not supporting him back then....but back then I was still a student I knew I would subscribe to him right after getting a job... Damn!! I just hope he's fine. I've seen enough losses in my relatively short life including my brother's..... Can't get over the fact that why wouldn't he make any post while on vacation or after getting home which most of the devs do and 4 months of vacation seems a little long..... Damn!! Wherever he is I just want to thank him for inspiring me to peruse my game developing dream.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes