bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Reluctant Archon [Ch. 2] [Kyois] - Original Size: 1.66GB

Download PC (116MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Will the three godesses in the prequel will join the harem in the main VN
I will show them in the main VN, as for what happens with them….we shall see….

Anyone want to place a bet that the gift he got is to help with his infertility problem?
Would it be cheating if I take you up on this bet?:sneaky: Lol….But as Macaria said, “You’ll just have to wait and see what it does…”

Wow loved it .when the next update coming out
Thank you for playing it, I am glad you enjoyed it. I have just started working on CH 3 a few days ago. So it will be some time before I release CH 3 unless you guys are okay with a small release?

I've downloaded the new version and it ends at the the same point as the last one for me..
Anything wrong with my saves maybe?
What Canto Forte posted. (y)

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hello, I just played the main story and the prequel and I like them. I can't help finding similarities with a now defunct tv show and that felt hilarious. The story is not bad. Of course the game being what it is I only selected one single course of action, and it seems that it doesn't have any long term consequence, except draining the MC's life force a bit ;).

It is quite linear but as I said as long as the story is good this is not an issue.
The renderings are also very nice so congratulations and my best wishes for the remainder of this adventure.

Reactions: Zivairs

Nenever

Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for playing it, I am glad you enjoyed it. I have just started working on CH 3 a few days ago. So it will be some time before I release CH 3 unless you guys are okay with a small release?
As much as I'd love to see more as soon as possible, with this type of games that have actual story and not just sex scenes added one after another, getting longer updates with more plot progression is the way to go for me

Captain Kirk

Donor
Sep 27, 2019
As much as I'd love to see more as soon as possible, with this type of games that have actual story and not just sex scenes added one after another, getting longer updates with more plot progression is the way to go for me
Agreed, games that have interesting stories like this one should not be rushed. More plot progression sounds great tbh.

awiwi

May 14, 2019
Just finished playing for the first time and I enjoyed it very much. :D
The story is pretty cool and the characters are lovable. I hope to see more of Saeko tho.
Although the meeting with the Countess was a tad unbelievable but what do I know…

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Although the meeting with the Countess was a tad unbelievable but what do I know…
In what way? ‘Cringy, ridicules, no way meetings go that way, unneeded why add that?’ Looking for feedback so I don’t make the same mistake again…

K18

Apr 19, 2018
I like in this visual novel game that the MC has something good going for him, promising talents (well MC is a sorcerer), a mystery and like that the MC is strong (more stronger later on I assume). Not the typical MC who's a plain 18-year-old average guy with nothing going for him and/or completely down on his luck until sudden change of events which starts off the story.

I can’t wait for the MC to accept what he is, being an Archon, regain any lost abilities (beside fertility?) and get revenge on his father and put him in his place and fix the family household issues as the head. I do hope it’s sooner, suspense is killing me MC hiding his identity and past from certain people.

I wonder what was the fruitful part of the oath between MC’s and Alvara’s mother? Promised marriage? Bearing little ones? Little amazonian sorcerers running and flying around.
I guess Shagar was asking MC to be the guardian/god-father?

Katsumi is my favorite, followed by Alvara, Marena and Vanessa.

If i'm following the story correctly, Zoe is dead. This somewhat reminds me of the movie "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" from the Underworld film series. Vampire Villain kills his vampire daughter for being pregnant by with a lycan-vampire hybrid and makes the Protagonist (Lycan) watch while chained up.

Last edited:

awiwi

May 14, 2019
In what way? ‘Cringy, ridicules, no way meetings go that way, unneeded why add that?’ Looking for feedback so I don’t make the same mistake again…
I wouldn't say 'cringy' but maybe 'no way meetings go that way' is closer to the mark. The actions of the Countess strike me as a tad dumb and not reflective of her age. I get that maybe you wanted to reinforce some sense of the aloofness in which nobility or powerful Myths might behave but the feel I got from that scene was that her childishness was too much. Then again, I thought that maybe it was all a front and later in the story it'd be revealed a deeper psychological reading of the characters.

All this said, I found your prose and storytelling of a quality higher than the average visual novel and I look forward to continue reading it.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Yep, no way someone who act like that, especially with a family of powerful magic user, live for long. A tad cringy.

But i agree too with the fact that the rest of the writing is above average.

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
If i'm following the story correctly, Zoe is dead. This somewhat reminds me of the movie "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" from the Underworld film series. Vampire Villain kills his vampire daughter for being pregnant by with a lycan-vampire hybrid and makes the Protagonist (Lycan) watch while chained up.
Rise of the Lycans was the only Underworld movie I have seen out of the franchise. And I really liked it, sadly Zoe was always going to have that fate, making her pregnant was me ‘paying homage’ (Not sure if that is the right word.) to that movie.

Thank you for playing it, I am glad you enjoyed it. (y)(y)

I wouldn't say 'cringy' but maybe 'no way meetings go that way' is closer to the mark. The actions of the Countess strike me as a tad dumb and not reflective of her age. I get that maybe you wanted to reinforce some sense of the aloofness in which nobility or powerful Myths might behave but the feel I got from that scene was that her childishness was too much.
I see what you're saying, I was trying to show the self-importance the Vamps have. I mean they proclaim themselves Counts and Countess when the Old Myths know they are not nobility or even close to it. And the ‘Childishness’ was stemming from a knowledge that no matter what the outcome of the Talks, the Counts were still going to War with the Ashalls. As they believe Rimsin is their Savior/Trump-Card, more will be explained in Chapter Three.

Yep, no way someone who act like that, especially with a family of powerful magic user, live for long. A tad cringy.
The Countess does not know the MC belongs to the Ashall Bloodline nor does she fully realize he is a Sorcerer. She picked up on his scent but because the MC awakened as an Archon he scent is not only that of a Sorcerer, so it throws beings off.

Obviously, she doesn't act like that in front of Lillian or the other Ashalls….or she no longer be around…

Holy shit this is a great game...
Thanks, that means a lot. RTP is on my backlog of games. I hear (read) a lot of good things about it, I’m really looking forward to playing it.

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
I think the problem is:

1) Even though the Countess doesn't know that the MC is an Ashall, she does know that Lillian allowed him to negotiate on her behalf. I suppose she could interpret it as a deliberate snub by Lillian and get in a huff over that, but still, the MC clearly has high powered backing.
2) Its wasn't clear what the Countess wanted to achieve at the meeting. All she really did was present a declaration of war. The Ashalls seem to have been top dogs for generations, they're hardly going to back down without some demonstration of Rimsin's power.
3) If the the Vampires really believe Rimsin's unstoppable and wanted to gloat then that might make sense... but shortly afterwards he backs down from a fight with just one unknown sorcerer. Presumably he's still regaining his power. Why warn your enemies you're coming for them when you're not ready yet?

There's nothing that can't be explained by inate arrogance and a failure to read the Evil Overlord List, but yeah, the Countess didn't come off as much of a threat.

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
I think the problem is:

1) Even though the Countess doesn't know that the MC is an Ashall, she does know that Lillian allowed him to negotiate on her behalf. I suppose she could interpret it as a deliberate snub by Lillian and get in a huff over that, but still, the MC clearly has high powered backing.
Is that really a problem? The Countess does not know the MC is an Ashall, but does know he is talking on their behalf, sure she could have been more respectful. But in the end the Countess knows for sure that the Counts are going to War anyway, so powerfull backers or not, why be polite when she belives the MC will be dead in the coming days when the Counts win and take the City?

If the the Vampires really believe Rimsin's unstoppable and wanted to gloat then that might make sense... but shortly afterwards he backs down from a fight with just one unknown sorcerer. Presumably he's still regaining his power. Why warn your enemies you're coming for them when you're not ready yet?
Oh yeah that is my fault, I thought I said something here, but I guess I didn’t, I apologize. I am changing Chapter Two’s ending, it wasn’t the one I wanted, but the one I went with because Overtime at work had me tired. It will probably break Saves unless you have a Save from before the Party is ‘Crashed.’ It’s nearly done just need to work on more of the Code and then test it, to actually see if it breaks Saves or if you can merely Rollback. I am going to drop it with Chapter Three.

Yes, they do believe Rimsin is near unstoppable at full strength, as Alvara said at the beginning of Chapter Two ‘The Older Vampires you have to be cautious about. They had a long time to study the blood, and because of this, they can use powers similar to spells.’

Reactions: Scyra

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
Is that really a problem? The Countess does not know the MC is an Ashall, but does know he is talking on their behalf, sure she could have been more respectful. But in the end the Countess knows for sure that the Counts are going to War anyway, so powerfull backers or not, why be polite when she belives the MC will be dead in the coming days when the Counts win and take the City?
Not really a problem on its own, just feeds into the impression the Vampires are all bark and no bite (pun not intended). Other thing is its a little difficult as the player to avoid letting your knowledge that the MC is not just an Ashall but an Archon influence your impressions. That's inevitable though.

Oh yeah that is my fault, I thought I said something here, but I guess I didn’t, I apologize. I am changing Chapter Two’s ending, it wasn’t the one I wanted, but the one I went with because Overtime at work had me tired. It will probably break Saves unless you have a Save from before the Party is ‘Crashed.’ It’s nearly done just need to work on more of the Code and then test it, to actually see if it breaks Saves or if you can merely Rollback. I am going to drop it with Chapter Three.

Yes, they do believe Rimsin is near unstoppable at full strength, as Alvara said at the beginning of Chapter Two ‘The Older Vampires you have to be cautious about. They had a long time to study the blood, and because of this, they can use powers similar to spells.’
I first played this game a week ago, so may have missed it if you did say something about that when I was going through the thread. :)

Redoing the end of the chapter sounds like a good idea to me. Rimsin's "on camera" introduction was underwhelming for a centuries old vampire who's single handedly going to overturn the balance of power. Once you show us he's a threat I think the Countess will look a lot less like a smug idiot.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019

Oh good. So that is the reason why just stop midway. And I wanted already complain, that it is not really funny, that you end the story unexpactingly and give no chance to save so we have to start from where last saved.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes