RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
So Kyois is letting his higher tiers pick which romantic subplot will be explored next. Which means we now have a Patreon biased game. Abandon ship.
So? I'm trying to grasp how that matters. Is he supposed to take your feelings into account rather than the people supporting him financially?! Highly amusing. All the "subplots" will still be developed, he's just letting his patrons choose the order. It's an incentive to get people to support him, since updates appear here and elsewhere within hours after release.

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
So Kyois is letting his higher tiers pick which romantic subplot will be explored next. Which means we now have a Patreon biased game. Abandon ship.
Did I not post the Post here? (Sorry, I’ve been stupid busy with Contract meetings and trying to get this update out.)

Anyway, what I said and did was: The MP(Main Plot) can be interchangeable with the LI’s SP (Sub-Plots). My Patrons got to chose which of the Two SPs I was already going to do, gets shown first. Marena won the Vote, so it will be her followed by Katsumi. I’ll keep moving along the MP and unless the MP calls for a specific SP (Alvara). I can once again let my Patrons vote on the order (Of course, with the LI I already planned to show.) I won't ever be putting the MP up for a Vote, the only one to touch the MP is my GF.

Lazer of Lok

May 11, 2018
Did I not post the Post here? (Sorry, I’ve been stupid busy with Contract meetings and trying to get this update out.)

Anyway, what I said and did was: The MP(Main Plot) can be interchangeable with the LI’s SP (Sub-Plots). My Patrons got to chose which of the Two SPs I was already going to do, gets shown first. Marena won the Vote, so it will be her followed by Katsumi. I’ll keep moving along the MP and unless the MP calls for a specific SP (Alvara). I can once again let my Patrons vote on the order (Of course, with the LI I already planned to show.) I won't ever be putting the MP up for a Vote, the only one to touch the MP is my GF.
MP= Micro Penis???

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I can will make it happen. The more Priestess the Archon gets, the Smaller his Penis gets. He has to be overcompensating for something, right? :ROFLMAO:
doesn't really makes sense...because when overcompensating ...that means he already has it ....but you're saying that he gets it the more priestess he gets...so ...doesn't make sense that he would overcompensate :p

• Haha
Reactions: Zivairs

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Which means we now have a Patreon biased game. Abandon ship.
Agreed. I really liked this game, felt it was "urban fantasy" done right in an AVN but with Patreon shaping the game and the length of time since a main story update <shrug>. Just don't agree with allowing anyone other than the writer/developer to shape the direction, focus, or plot of a game. With the length of time between updates and the possible unpopular nature of some love interests it could take half a year to years before a fan sees content that stars the Love Interest they enjoy. That doesn't incentive a fan to step up and invest money in a game, it makes them walk away.

Anyway, the developers right to make that decision and more power to him for keeping his Patrons interested. I'm sure they will be happy with the direction of the game now that they can vote on what happens first.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Agreed. I really liked this game, felt it was "urban fantasy" done right in an AVN but with Patreon shaping the game and the length of time since a main story update <shrug>. Just don't agree with allowing anyone other than the writer/developer to shape the direction, focus, or plot of a game. With the length of time between updates and the possible unpopular nature of some love interests it could take half a year to years before a fan sees content that stars the Love Interest they enjoy. That doesn't incentive a fan to step up and invest money in a game, it makes them walk away.

Anyway, the developers right to make that decision and more power to him for keeping his Patrons interested. I'm sure they will be happy with the direction of the game now that they can vote on what happens first.
He mentions above that the Patrons will only shape the side story character(s), not the main game or the main plot. We have nothing to be concerned about. :>)

Reactions: Haast and Zivairs

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
He mentions above that the Patrons will only shape the side story character(s), not the main game or the main plot. We have nothing to be concerned about. :>)
Except that if he has two subplots for Chapter 5 thought up, they should both be in there before he releases it. Doing things like having the Patrons choose which one is both letting money shape the story AND delaying content with an excuse.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Except that if he has two subplots for Chapter 5 thought up, they should both be in there before he releases it. Doing things like having the Patrons choose which one is both letting money shape the story AND delaying content with an excuse.
What I read here: https://f95zone.to/threads/reluctant-archon-v1-0-full-vss-kyois.27830/post-5694411 was that the Patrons chose which of two already written Sub-Plots would be shown first. The other would be shown next. I do not feel it changed much of anything to tell the truth... **shrugs**

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
I think we have a misunderstanding here. I already planned on showing Marena’s and Katsumi’s Sub-Plot for Ch Five. Somewhat like I did with Elizabeth’s and Alvara’s(Alvara needs the Main Plot to be advanced before I can show more. CH Five will let me open up her Sub-Plot more.) The Only thing my Patrons are Voting for is which one will be displayed first. Once those are done, I’ll be jumping into Alvara’s. And MAYBE let them Vote again for either Vanessa or Elizabeth. (Depending on what the Main Plot requires.)

I also said in the Post, “As for the other Ladies. They will be shown and time will be spent with them. However, their Sub-Plots won't be explored, just touched upon.” Also, so we are clear. There are only Five Sub-Plots. (Marena, Alvara, Vanessa, Katsumi, Elizabeth.) This Story has an End. I don’t plan on doing every “Lady” the MC has a chance at banging.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I think we have a misunderstanding here. I already planned on showing Marena’s and Katsumi’s Sub-Plot for Ch Five. Somewhat like I did with Elizabeth’s and Alvara’s(Alvara needs the Main Plot to be advanced before I can show more. CH Five will let me open up her Sub-Plot more.) The Only thing my Patrons are Voting for is which one will be displayed first. Once those are done, I’ll be jumping into Alvara’s. And MAYBE let them Vote again for either Vanessa or Elizabeth. (Depending on what the Main Plot requires.)

I also said in the Post, “As for the other Ladies. They will be shown and time will be spent with them. However, their Sub-Plots won't be explored, just touched upon.” Also, so we are clear. There are only Five Sub-Plots. (Marena, Alvara, Vanessa, Katsumi, Elizabeth.) This Story has an End. I don’t plan on doing every “Lady” the MC has a chance at banging.

Zivairs, it would be a little offtopic for ungoing discussion but after reading your post I wanted to ask. My apologies in advance if it is asked before.

We can clearly see that the game and all of its plots are completed in your head. Can you give an certain or estimate percentage about how much content of game completed so far? How many more chapters are there?
Will there be sequel(s), another characters adventures in this universe or will you move completely different settings/games?

Reactions: Zivairs

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Thanks for clearing that up! Think people understands the whole thing better now.

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Zivairs, it would be a little offtopic for ungoing discussion but after reading your post I wanted to ask. My apologies in advance if it is asked before.

We can clearly see that the game and all of its plots are completed in your head. Can you give an certain or estimate percentage about how much content of game completed so far? How many more chapters are there?
Will there be sequel(s), another characters adventures in this universe or will you move completely different settings/games?
The Story is complete in my head and in summary form. I just need to tie loose ends and make it make sense. Having said that, when I do Render a scene and Start coding in the Story. More information/different thoughts on what to do, enter my head. Causing me to rewrite what I previously envisioned. I want to say Fifteen Chapters(That’s how many Summaries I have.), but that can quickly turn into more as I start opening up the Story. (Bringing in the Father and his Allies/Planes, What Atabey has been doing all this time/her scheming. What planes/schemes does Lillian have for the Archon. What about the other Families? Will they just be bystanders while this is happening? Will they make a move. Those are just some thoughts that keep me up at night.)

There will be no sequel in that sense. I do have another Story I want to explore in the Same Universe as RA, but from the more aggressive Myths-side. Probably at some point, have the MC of this new story be hunted down by Lillian and her agents.

I also have other stories I wouldn’t mind working on—a Science Fiction story. Where the MC is living on a Ship with the remaining Humans because the Sol System is ending. (I don’t want to spoil too much.) Then there is a Dragon-Norse-inspired Fantasy story I also wouldn’t mind working on, not sure people want more Fantasy.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes