RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
can some please explain to me how to use item synthesis. Nevermind i figured it out.

New question, does impregnation have a follow up? like do they give birth after certain amount of time?
Currently the pregnancy has no effect. I'll later add a time skip in the main story, which will show the pregnancy of characters and the result of it.

Bonerverman

Sep 26, 2020
How do I activate the quest present for Tsubaki? Its not showing up but the other girls are fine though. Is there any conditions for that quest to activate?

Screenshot 2020-11-27 005643.png

DAZAI__OSAMU

May 24, 2020
The war system is not completed yet.

Which bow are you talking about? Mirel's bow is near the nature spirit, if that's what you mean...
i found the bow already i didnt realize that they had a dungeon east from the village. well its seems that i will have to wait till the day get those border closing bastards :D. btw do u know how to get in dorgania?

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
i found the bow already i didnt realize that they had a dungeon east from the village. well its seems that i will have to wait till the day get those border closing bastards :D. btw do u know how to get in dorgania?
Just complete the main quests. If you've exhausted the main quests, complete side and character quests. Repeat this, and it'll eventually come to a point where you can travel to Dorgania by boat, and then after a while, you're given the option to donate stones to Dorgania to open the border (long story)/

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The overall theme reminds me of The Last Sovreign, but it seems very abrupt, atleast at the start.

You're an ace swordsman at an academy, you do a trivial exam and then when you're about to go out and train with your classmate/sex-friend, you suddenly come across dead royalty and lie your way into becoming king.

You suddenly have total control over the entire country.
kinda...
No beating about the bush, I suppose.

Edit: Also, nobody ever brings up Ryu's wings.
What's up with that? Nobody thinks that they're noteworthy?

Edit2: Also, random dudes aren't shy about sending their king around like a gofer.
I get it, it's an rpg, sidequests are the lifeblood of whatever.
But 'come meet me upstairs' isn't how you talk to a king. They go about their business and you go meet them, becuase their time is more valuable than yours.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
The overall theme reminds me of The Last Sovreign, but it seems very abrupt, atleast at the start.

You're an ace swordsman at an academy, you do a trivial exam and then when you're about to go out and train with your classmate/sex-friend, you suddenly come across dead royalty and lie your way into becoming king.

You suddenly have total control over the entire country.
kinda...
No beating about the bush, I suppose.

Edit: Also, nobody ever brings up Ryu's wings.
What's up with that? Nobody thinks that they're noteworthy?

Edit2: Also, random dudes aren't shy about sending their king around like a gofer.
I get it, it's an rpg, sidequests are the lifeblood of whatever.
But 'come meet me upstairs' isn't how you talk to a king. They go about their business and you go meet them, becuase their time is more valuable than yours.
The abrupt start ist intended. Though, to be honest, when the development started ~10 years ago as a hobby project, I wasn't taking everything very seriously and cared little about the details. :D
During the development, the start of the game was changed a bit to improve it, but it's still mostly just an introduction.

Ryen's wings are nothing special in the world of Renryuu. Even though wings aren't very common, you'll find characters with wings all over the world.

Characters don't automatically know you're the new king. I intentionally let people treat you like a normal stranger, until they're told in dialog or realize somehow, that you're the new king.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Genji

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Characters don't automatically know you're the new king. I intentionally let people treat you like a normal stranger, until they're told in dialog or realize somehow, that you're the new king.
When I was talking about people sending you around as a gopher, I meant in the throne-room.

The first part I noticed was the maid who tells you to meet her, where she should probably be asking to meet you.
Second, the people telling you to go check out this abandoned fort with the ghost or going to this place to talk to this character who wanted to speak to you but can't leave their post.

Even for an unusually active king, who goes out and solves problems by stabbing them, Ryu does a lot of minion-work that should probably be foisted off on messengers or couriers.

Also, while I've got you. Ryu feels super underwhelming in combat.
Your first party-member gets two multi-hit attacks (objectively the best type of attack in a game like this) whereas Ryu only has self-buffs.

Given that most fights don't last three full turns, any buff that doesn't make your buffed attack (on your second turn) do more than double the damage that it would have done otherwise, is totally wasted, because you'd be better off just using your default attack twice in a row instead.

Whatever, sometimes adding fire damage to your melee attack lets you bypass resistances. It's niche but potentially useful.
... except the first two skills he can learn via skillpoints are Corrupted Body (a self-buff that hurts him) and Corrupted Magic (a self-buff that hurts him)

Combined these skills mean that he has three abilities that waste a turn to make him stronger without letting him actually attack.

Well, at least Combo attack is a direct attack, right?
Except... it seems to do less damage than his default auto-attack, for some reason.

All-in-all, Ryu has about as little direct kill-power as the angel girl, which makes him feel a bit underwhelming as the 'ace swordsman' of the group.
Maybe he gets some better moves later, but he's desperate for a two-hit attack or something as of level 14.
His slow-building buff-focused playstyle just doesn't work when your other party-member can end fights in one or two turns. He'll buff up and then not even get to attack before it's over.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
When I was talking about people sending you around as a gopher, I meant in the throne-room.

The first part I noticed was the maid who tells you to meet her, where she should probably be asking to meet you.
Second, the people telling you to go check out this abandoned fort with the ghost or going to this place to talk to this character who wanted to speak to you but can't leave their post.

Even for an unusually active king, who goes out and solves problems by stabbing them, Ryu does a lot of minion-work that should probably be foisted off on messengers or couriers.

Also, while I've got you. Ryu feels super underwhelming in combat.
Your first party-member gets two multi-hit attacks (objectively the best type of attack in a game like this) whereas Ryu only has self-buffs.

Given that most fights don't last three full turns, any buff that doesn't make your buffed attack (on your second turn) do more than double the damage that it would have done otherwise, is totally wasted, because you'd be better off just using your default attack twice in a row instead.

Whatever, sometimes adding fire damage to your melee attack lets you bypass resistances. It's niche but potentially useful.
... except the first two skills he can learn via skillpoints are Corrupted Body (a self-buff that hurts him) and Corrupted Magic (a self-buff that hurts him)

Combined these skills mean that he has three abilities that waste a turn to make him stronger without letting him actually attack.

Well, at least Combo attack is a direct attack, right?
Except... it seems to do less damage than his default auto-attack, for some reason.

All-in-all, Ryu has about as little direct kill-power as the angel girl, which makes him feel a bit underwhelming as the 'ace swordsman' of the group.
Maybe he gets some better moves later, but he's desperate for a two-hit attack or something as of level 14.
His slow-building buff-focused playstyle just doesn't work when your other party-member can end fights in one or two turns. He'll buff up and then not even get to attack before it's over.
Well, I think his name is Ryen first of all, and second, I think Ryen's greatest strength is that he's kinda unkillable + a jack of all trades. My lineup has Tsubaki dealing all the physical damage, Chiyo dealing all the magical damage, and Mira (angel girl) healing/buffing everyone every round.

Problem is, Tsubaki has a 5-6 slash combo (Whirlwind?) that works wonders (super high physical damage), but it takes so much TP that I have Ryen practically as Tsubaki’s TP tank, giving Tsubaki a TP potion every turn. Plus, Mira has a bad habit of dying when I need her the most, so Ryen’s helpful in the sense that he’ll revive Mira, and I can still have the other two dealing constant damage. In fact, characters like Ryen are common in most J-RPG games of the past – he’s a jack of all trades, dealing decent damage/heals/buffs, but more importantly, being the hardest to kill.

Reactions: Genji

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Well, I think his name is Ryen first of all, and second, I think Ryen's greatest strength is that he's kinda unkillable + a jack of all trades. My lineup has Tsubaki dealing all the physical damage, Chiyo dealing all the magical damage, and Mira (angel girl) healing/buffing everyone every round.

Problem is, Tsubaki has a 5-6 slash combo (Whirlwind?) that works wonders (super high physical damage), but it takes so much TP that I have Ryen practically as Tsubaki’s TP tank, giving Tsubaki a TP potion every turn. Plus, Mira has a bad habit of dying when I need her the most, so Ryen’s helpful in the sense that he’ll revive Mira, and I can still have the other two dealing constant damage. In fact, characters like Ryen are common in most J-RPG games of the past – he’s a jack of all trades, dealing decent damage/heals/buffs, but more importantly, being the hardest to kill.
... I knew I had his name wrong, but i couldn't remember what it was specifically.
Ryen has a lot of hp, but using a tp potion every round is kind of lame for your main character. He should be cooler than that and your item-use-bitch should be like... the healer (when not healing) or a servant or something.

As for Tsubaki, mine only has her double-strike and whirlwind, but I think whirlwind just attacks everyone once, whereas Double-strike hits the same person twice.

Not sure on that, i haven't booted the game up to check.

As for being the jack of all trades... I mean, the Hero is usually a class that can do a bit of everything, but Ryen's problem is that he can't really do anything. He cant deal much physical damage, he can't heal, he doesn't have any decent magic attacks.

Having lots of HP and being able to use items isn't really the qualification of a main character.
He has buffs but they're self-buffs, which makes them useless because of his bad base damage. He has an aoe debuff which isn't awful, and he can use items.
That's a skillset for a backline support character, not your frontline always-in-party hero character.
Especially not when the prologue builds him up as an ace swordsman.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Update 20.11.30.png

Changes:
New event for Elly, which starts at the sleeping chambers when her previous events are done. Also requires the events with the Queen of Begus to the point where she is ready to sleep with you. [You don't need to sleep with the Queen to unlock Elly's event.]
After the events with Elly and Adrianna, talk with Elly again at the sleeping chambers for a new dialog and CG scene. Talk with her again afterwards for another new dialog.
The CG scene requires a relationship of 100 or more between Ryen and Elly.

Downloads:
MEGA:
Hi-Drive:

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
How to get into the challange area of the spire of courage? Is there any conditons? Defeated easy medium advanced hard dungeons..Can't find the raid on the notice board.
You need to meet Hellhound at Old Ashton first, so that she appears as a boss fight in the advanced floor of the Spire. After defeating Hellhound in the Spire, you can find a new note on the Aldlyn city board, which invites you to the challenge floor.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Renryuu: Ascension [v20.11.30] Naughty Netherpunch

Original Size Win: 974 MB

Compressed Size Win: 245 MB:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes