moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
That would make sense, if this was hypothetically one of multiple cases where that happened. However, this is the first time i remember that while i was on F95zone, i've had a game flagged as a virus. Multiple times flagged, i admit, it's possible it's a false positive. Only once? That IS a virus.
While it is possible that the file you downloaded is infected with something, a false positive is A LOT more likely. I just did a quick search for "Bitdefender" in this forum (Adult Games, not F95 as a whole) and there are many cases where Bitdefender identifies a game as a virus. I recommend reporting the file as a false positive (I assume Bitdefender has an option for reporting such things).

Aug 28, 2019
While it is possible that the file you downloaded is infected with something, a false positive is A LOT more likely. I just did a quick search for "Bitdefender" in this forum (Adult Games, not F95 as a whole) and there are many cases where Bitdefender identifies a game as a virus. I recommend reporting the file as a false positive (I assume Bitdefender has an option for reporting such things).
You know what? I'll call your bluff. I'll put in on the list of exeptions. But if i get a trojan or fake police virus, i'm blaming you.

bews

Aug 1, 2020
This game indeed uses internet connection for some unknown reason. I recommend blocking it in the firewall.

Aug 28, 2019
I KNEW this game was sketchy! " This game indeed uses internet connection for some unknown reason. I recommend blocking it in the firewall." Explain THAT folks!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Many game engines have the means to provide the developers with interaction data.
I admit that i don't like when they don't inform the players about it, but it's not particularly unusual.
As long as the data collected concerns the game alone i have no problems with it.
If you don't like it then there's always the option to block it with your firewall. :whistle::coffee:

Aug 28, 2019
Well, damn... You have an answer to a lot of questions, huh? Guess your experience and past in these forums isn't just shown in numbers...

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
This is a virus. Bitdefender protected me. Do NOT download it.
I didn't think that it would even be necessary for me to join the conversation, since it felt like someone already gave the right answer earlier, that it is probably a false alarm, but it seems like things are getting a bit nasty now.

I agree that this must be a false alarm by the anti-virus programm, but to clarify, where did even download the game? From my official links? Or the thrid party links in the main post of this thread that I'm not related with? Or the compressed version I'm also not involved with? Or from a completely different site?

The game has been around here for over 6 years, and in many places for even longer. It's on Steam, and I even created a company to make it my full time job to work on this project. Claiming that it would be "a virus" when thousands of others every month don't have a problem seems a bit overhasty, and disrespectful to the years of work I put into this game.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i for one have had no problems with the game. my vires scanner never picked up are said nothing

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
Don't take it personally, this happens all the time. :giggle::coffee:
some times is aceptable, I mean we are in forum about piracy +18 games so you can't just go and download anything from here and expect nothing is dangerous besides some people don't understand what is a positive and a false positive and why this happens very often with piracy games, but sometimes you have to take some risk, no risk no glory that's what they say.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
some times is aceptable, I mean we are in forum about piracy +18 games so you can't just go and download anything from here and expect nothing is dangerous besides some people don't understand what is a positive and a false positive and why this happens very often with piracy games, but sometimes you have to take some risk, no risk no glory that's what they say.
Actually, on THIS particular site you don't usually need to fear a dirty download, uploaders here scan everything.
And even if, by some miracle, you actually stumble on a genuine dirty download, you can report it and the mods will check it out and take it down if needed. :whistle::coffee:

Having the right addons installed in your browser and having default windows antivirus is sufficient for this site.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
Aug 28, 2019
Actually, on THIS particular site you don't usually need to fear a dirty download, uploaders here scan everything.
And even if, by some miracle, you actually stumble on a genuine dirty download, you can report it and the mods will check it out and take it down if needed. :whistle::coffee:

Having the right addons installed in your browser and having default windows antivirus is sufficient for this site.
You know, now that i know this, i think i'll refrain from opening my mouth from now on to spew falsehoods. I downloaded it, and so far, no problems. I guess i was being paranoid. My apologies to the OP.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You know, now that i know this, i think i'll refrain from opening my mouth from now on to spew falsehoods. I downloaded it, and so far, no problems. I guess i was being paranoid. My apologies to the OP.
If you are truly suspicious, then i'd suggest scanning with sites like:
Which use numerous antivirus programs to scan any file you upload there, and show you the result.
Like so:
^This is the result of me scanning latest Renryuu Game.exe, as you can see, there is no problem. :giggle::coffee:
This is also the method uploaders of F95 use to scan their uploads, as far as i am aware.

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes