Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes
Dec 1, 2022
Trust me,
You are not the first one that makes that mistake, and I'm quite sure that you won't be the last one. :)

Research Into Corruption has always been mainly focused on Corruption, lust and depravity.
Where Sweet Affection (previously named Research into Affection) has always been more focused on love and romance and the characters themself.

The setting is similar, but the story and characters themself couldn't be further apart from each other.
I can understand the confusion, because both projects were started by the same developer (Boomatica.)

However, I am still part of that original team (Minus Boomatica) and we started our own patreon page after he disappeared and continued work on Sweet Affection under the name of Naughty Attic Gaming.

Where Research into Corruption was abandoned years ago by Boomatica and handed it over to DrSmith, who later handed it over to Dark Coven/Fallen angels.

And, before I receive any more messages asking for links, or guides, or even people that decide to donate and expecting a RiC build.
I wanted to make clear that we have nothing to do with Research Into Corruption as Naughty Attic Gaming.
This is 100% Fallen Angels. :)

Yes and no.
Mechanics and setting wise, absolutely... I agree.

But, as I already explained a bit above, the content in the game is completely different.
The one is mostly focused on Corrupting and lust, and the other more on love and romance.

But, I respect it if you might see it differently. :)

(And, it would probably be a good idea as well if I stop coming to this thread as well to avoid any further confusion. :LOL: :p )
Trust me,
You are not the first one that makes that mistake, and I'm quite sure that you won't be the last one. :)

Research Into Corruption has always been mainly focused on Corruption, lust and depravity.
Where Sweet Affection (previously named Research into Affection) has always been more focused on love and romance and the characters themself.

The setting is similar, but the story and characters themself couldn't be further apart from each other.
I can understand the confusion, because both projects were started by the same developer (Boomatica.)

However, I am still part of that original team (Minus Boomatica) and we started our own patreon page after he disappeared and continued work on Sweet Affection under the name of Naughty Attic Gaming.

Where Research into Corruption was abandoned years ago by Boomatica and handed it over to DrSmith, who later handed it over to Dark Coven/Fallen angels.

And, before I receive any more messages asking for links, or guides, or even people that decide to donate and expecting a RiC build.
I wanted to make clear that we have nothing to do with Research Into Corruption as Naughty Attic Gaming.

Yes and no.
Mechanics and setting wise, absolutely... I agree.

But, as I already explained a bit above, the content in the game is completely different.
The one is mostly focused on Corrupting and lust, and the other more on love and romance.

But, I respect it if you might see it differently. :)

(And, it would probably be a good idea as well if I stop coming to this thread to avoid any further confusion. :LOL: :p )
the confusion wouldn't have been an issue if you didn't title your game "Research into" as well.

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Trust me,

Really thank you for your explanation, and above all for your work (I ADORE Sweet Affection and I'm a patron :))

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
I haven't been this excited to see something on the Latest Games & Updates page in a looooong time. I guess I can stop debating with myself about what I want to do today lol.

• Haha
Reactions: leathermax
Dec 1, 2022
well, his game is no longer called "research into" like... 2-3 year?
ah shit I did forget it was changed to Sweet Affection. Though it was initially called Research into Affection, so they still did make the game in a way that would make people think they were playing a follow up to Research into Corruption.

Azero

Jul 24, 2017
ah shit I did forget it was changed to Sweet Affection. Though it was initially called Research into Affection, so they still did make the game in a way that would make people think they were playing a follow up to Research into Corruption.
technically not a sequel, but more a remake, new models, new story, new "corruption" function, etc.

JD and the naughty attic team have reused and improved their old model (which was very popular).
but the story as JD says is totally different.

So in fact, we have two different games with similar models, but that often happens in honey select games

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
I can't seem to find the diary either. Can't click their PC's to look at it.
Thank you for the bug reports. Found fixes for those bugs you listed and you are right, the diary entries are missing from the profile page. Will add them there with the rest of the bug fixes.

Reactions: MythMackay
Dec 1, 2022
technically not a sequel, but more a remake, new models, new story, new "corruption" function, etc.

JD and the naughty attic team have reused and improved their old model (which was very popular).
but the story as JD says is totally different.

So in fact, we have two different games with similar models, but that often happens in honey select games
two games with similar models with exactly the same game mechanics.

• Angry
Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Last thing that I'm going to say about it, because this thread is not about me, Sweet Affection or my team.
It's about Research into Corruption and Fallen Angels, they deserve the attention.

Here is the time-line how everything happened.

1. Subliminal Corruption was started by Boomatica.

2. Subliminal Corruption was reformed into Research into Corruption.

3. Research into Corruption had to be abandoned because of Patreon guidelines.

4. Research into Corruption was handed over to Drsmith (And, all ties were broken, at that stage)

5. Private Community was started.

6. People really missed Research into Corruption, so Boomatica decided to start a new game called Research into Affection but completely within the Patreon guidelines.

7. He hired me and I took over full development of Research into affection and started working on it, full time(This was around level 4) (this was about 3 and a half years ago)

8. DrSmith fell ill and had to abandon Research into Corruption.

9. Because of multiple reasons, I changed the name of Research into Affection into Sweet Affection.
(Mainly because the former title did not fit the game anymore.)

9.1 Boomatica disappeared and we started Naughty Attic Gaming and continued work on Sweet Affection there.

10. DrSmith handed Research into Corruption over to Dark Coven.

And, here we are, many years later.(Forgive me if I forgot something, it's been a long couple of years. :p )

Initially, yes... RiA was supposed to be sweeter version of RiC.
But, that changed quickly when we started working on it, because making a copy wouldn't do justice to a story or characters.
RiA became it's own original game and gradually changed into Sweet Affection, and into the game it is now.
(Some of the mechanics you mentioned have been expanded on, but some of them have or will be removed. And introduced a dozen other new characters.)

Right now, they are two completely different games with different ideas, different themes and story-lines.
Two different games being developed by two different teams that have nothing to do with each other.

And, to avoid any further confusion, this will be my last message on this thread.
But, people can always link back to my messages when people are curious. :)

For now, I wish Fallen Angels good luck with further development of this project.
And, I hope that everything will go smooth!

Dec 1, 2022
Last thing that I'm going to say about it, because this thread is not about me, Sweet Affection or my team.
It's about Research into Corruption and Fallen Angels, they deserve the attention.

Here is the time-line how everything happened.

1. Subliminal Corruption was started by Boomatica.

2. Subliminal Corruption was reformed into Research into Corruption.

3. Research into Corruption had to be abandoned because of Patreon guidelines.

4. Research into Corruption was handed over to Drsmith (And, all ties were broken, at that stage)

5. Private Community was started.

6. People really missed Research into Corruption, so Boomatica decided to start a new game called Research into Affection but completely within the Patreon guidelines.

7. He hired me and I took over full development of Research into affection and started working on it, full time(This was around level 4) (this was about 3 and a half years ago)

8. DrSmith fell ill and had to abandon Research into Corruption.

9. Because of multiple reasons, I changed the name of Research into Affection into Sweet Affection.
(Mainly because the former title did not fit the game anymore.)

10. DrSmith handed Research into Corruption over to Dark Coven.

And, here we are, many years later.(Forgive me if I forgot something, it's been a long couple of years. :p )

Initially, yes... RiA was supposed to be sweeter version of RiC.
But, that changed quickly when we started working on it, because making a copy wouldn't do justice to a story or characters.
RiA became it's own original game and gradually changed into Sweet Affection, and into the game it is now.
(Some of the mechanics you mentioned have been expanded on, but some of them have or will be removed. And introduced a dozen other new characters.)

Right now, they are two completely different games with different ideas, different themes and story-lines.
Two different games being developed by two different teams that have nothing to do with each other.

And, to avoid any further confusion, this will be my last message on this thread.
But, people can always link back to my messages when people are curious. :)

For now, I wish Fallen Angels good luck with further development of this project.
And, I hope that everything will go smooth!
I'm definitely going to keep playing Sweet Affection, so it's not like I dislike your game or anything. It's great and I love it. But that's because it's 90% the same as RiC lol.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
I have only one question, I have already played Sweet Affection, is it still necessary to play this game?

Comment :love: for YES, comment :confused: for NO
I loved RIC!. I liked the sister character better than RIA (just barely, but I like her look better). But when RIA shut down I was super bummed-out. I recently played RIC from an old copy I had saved on Mega.nz (I have a lot of older games/VN's saved, like Teacher's Pets, old versions of Summertime Saga, etc.).

I love Sweet Affection, as I'm looking forward to some three-ways. Maybe the Aunt? please please please!
So bottom line yes, play RIC just to see it. It's really good IMHO.
Great to see a new release.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes