Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Vrykolakas36

Feb 6, 2020
Ok so there are tons of bugs with the current release of the game. Don't recommend playing it till they get fixed. I am sure they will be worked out though if the game is back in development.

Gissi81978

Apr 13, 2018
I am very happy that the game is back and will be continued.
Unfortunately, it is not really playable at the moment, so the conversion caused too many errors.
I'll be watching the game with interest.

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
Diary entries do not show up.
Black screen if you attempt to work
When helping with homework after Chloe has reached 50 get this error
Five PM at aunt's place unable to click on kitchen to interact with her.

Saturday: Sends Everyone on weekday routine, try clicking school but says it is closed for weekend
Thank you for the report. Will look into these.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
Anyone else find it funny that two different versions of the same game abandoned by the original creator have been picked up by other devs? It'll be interesting to see how they differ over time beyond just the nature of the MC.

Dec 20, 2018
Imo I would restart the game completely, upgrade every model to honey select 2 and keep the same progression and "history". I'm very fond to this game as it is the first adult game I ever played and indirectly introduced me to this website, but honestly it needs a facewash and lots of love.

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
Anyone else find it funny that two different versions of the same game abandoned by the original creator have been picked up by other devs? It'll be interesting to see how they differ over time beyond just the nature of the MC.
That's not entirely correct.

Sweet Affection, former Research into Affection, is still being developed by the original team.
The full development was handed over to J..D 3 years ago.
We just had to continue under another name after Boom's disappearance.

Here's basically the full timeline: click & click

Reactions: wrarar

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
Imo I would restart the game completely, upgrade every model to honey select 2 and keep the same progression and "history". I'm very fond to this game as it is the first adult game I ever played and indirectly introduced me to this website, but honestly it needs a facewash and lots of love.
That would be huge undertaking as there is over 4000 images to be redone. Even the rewrite / conversion took about 5 months (granted I could not work on it full time).

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
That's not entirely correct.

Sweet Affection, former Research into Affection, is still being developed by the original team.
The full development was handed over to J..D 3 years ago.
We just had to continue under another name after Boom's disappearance.

Here's basically the full timeline: click & click
Fair enough but what I said was still technically correct since while some of those currently responsible for Sweet Affection started working on it before Boom disappeared he was still the original creator of both titles and abandoned them both for others to carry on.

feeling_blue

Sep 20, 2021
I have only one question, I have already played Sweet Affection, is it still necessary to play this game?

Comment :love: for YES, comment :confused: for NO
after playing this game like 2 hours, my answer is: it's worth a go. Some contents are alike, and its kind of buggy. But RIC's has its own tastes.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
and HOW many Big Brother games are there now?

This is an issue of one team going one way to meet Patreon rules while another team picked up the original game and said fuck those rules we will use a different platform to get support.

Reactions: Azero

harrisonford

Jul 12, 2017
Nice, one of my favorite games ever brought back to life. Only saw a few new scenes though since it was last abandoned. To get around the PC work bug just click on the work on project icon on the left side of screen. Game does break when they model clothes.

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
Here is patch from the current game version to 0.6.8:
- Patch:
- Patch instructions:

Fallen Angel Productions will update the main post with full version and such bit later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dech100

Apr 6, 2018
Found a bud in Effie's profile page

Disregard that, the patch from Apina fixed

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: Missing required positional arguments: 'exit_label'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/environment/main_loop.rpyc", line 21, in script call
  File "scripts/ui.rpyc", line 369, in script call
  File "scripts/special/profiles.rpyc", line 359, in script call
  File "scripts/special/profiles.rpyc", line 39, in script
  File "C:\H\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1072, in execute
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
  File "C:\H\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 294, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "C:\H\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\RiC-0.6.7-renpy-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 230, in apply
    raise TypeError(
TypeError: Missing required positional arguments: 'exit_label'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Research into Corruption - Ren'Py 0.6.7-renpy
Mon Apr 10 16:17:58 2023

Here is patch from the current game version to 0.6.8:
- Patch: Pixeldrain
- Patch instructions: Pixeldrain

Fallen Angel Productions will update the main post with full version and such bit later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
In Effie's discussion of other women, the SHARAH bug is still there.
Even after changing it to the proper SARAH, you're stuck in an endless loop.

Continuity in that scene is bugged as well, as I purposefully advanced Effie in this play through before advancing the relations with everyone else very far, yet they are still mentioned as if I've gone all the way with them already.

Apina Kapina

bugs? Bugs BUGS!
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2018
In Effie's discussion of other women, the SHARAH bug is still there.
Even after changing it to the proper SARAH, you're stuck in an endless loop.

Continuity in that scene is bugged as well, as I purposefully advanced Effie in this play through before advancing the relations with everyone else very far, yet they are still mentioned as if I've gone all the way with them already.
Thanks, need to look into it. Might be issue with original or mistake I made moving the things over.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
and HOW many Big Brother games are there now?

This is an issue of one team going one way to meet Patreon rules while another team picked up the original game and said fuck those rules we will use a different platform to get support.
That's different. That's a single dev abandoning a single game which multiple groups then tried to revive; this is two versions of the same game both abandoned by the same dev. Also having recently gone through the abandoned games list I think all but one of them has been abandoned.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes