Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

paladin07

May 28, 2017
did he just destroy his game?
wtf can u do now?
He's going to add the new content into his old .45 build and go back using that prior software. I think he was using Ren'Py and he tried to change over to RPGmaker. I haven't played the new version, since apparently it is horrible.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
He's going to add the new content into his old .45 build and go back using that prior software. I think he was using Ren'Py and he tried to change over to RPGmaker. I haven't played the new version, since apparently it is horrible.
If it was just horrible it would still be good, this is insane.

sknf

Modder
Oct 15, 2016
I think he was using Ren'Py and he tried to change over to RPGmaker.
Dude it's not like he change his tshirt from blue to yellow one (yeah lame example but whatever).
You can't just change from one "platform" to another, he just change version for rpgm to a newer one but i guess this wasn't the issue at all

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Dude it's not like he change his tshirt from blue to yellow one (yeah lame example but whatever).
You can't just change from one "platform" to another, he just change version for rpgm to a newer one but i guess this wasn't the issue at all
It may not have been from Ren'Py to RPGmaker. I think someone said he should chuck RPGmaker and put it in Ren'py and I mangled it in my memory. Anyway, he did most definitely change the system from .45 to .48. Here is one of his posts from Patreon

Afternoon people. Current content has already been transferred to the old GUI/Layout of 0.4.5. Just finishing off the weekend system now. I have people testing it in a few hours and will be available at some point tomorrow.
to comment ...

Evening.

Just letting you all know i've already started work on the transfer of the new events to 0.4.5 build.

-Boom
. . . . .

Your voices have been heard!

Starting Monday I'll transfer all the new content onto build 0.4.5. Bringing back the time system, adding the weekend + New app interface. But with the more of the control interactive you all want back from the old build.
I should get this done by Tuesday night now that I plan to do this full time.

As soon as it's done I'll give you all a upload link to download.

I don't apologize for the changes because I learned a lot from doing it and I was brought up to learn from my mistakes.
But I do apologize for the disappointment.

Anyway, i appreciate the feed back, even though some of it was harsh.. i mean very harsh, you guys could have made Satan cry!

All in all, I do listen to my audience and will work on not doing changes like this in the future without serious discussion/demos.

-Boom

Last edited:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
I didn't say platform. He did change GUI.

sknf

Modder
Oct 15, 2016
I didn't say platform. He did change GUI.
that was the mistake :)
it isn't just different gui
it is different "platform" the one is python based the other ruby or something like that
they have different code , different tools to create the games etc
you can't just jump from one to another

i have already told you that he changed the version (update it) of rpgmaker

paladin07

May 28, 2017
@skatanafao I was just trying to answer the question "did he just destroy his game? wtf can u do now?" My answer was that he experimented with a new program, GUI, whatever, and everyone hated it, so he is adding the new content back to his old build. I was trying to answer the question as well as my programming-illiterate lawyer mind can comprehend. I was not trying to do a f'ing forensic analysis of the changes he made. That's not my cup of tea. In laymen's terms, he going back to the old game. He's trying to add the new content to the old build. Not sure why you see the need to nit-pick my answer.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
did you ... read my message? haha. with that tool anyone can exceed the mega daily limit, without having an account. I was asking why else would people not be able to use mega? Is it black-listed in certain countries?
The mega downloader bypass no longer works, it was using a bug which Mega patched last month.

Drak

May 30, 2017
is the trick to close megaupload and reset your ip address by using a vpn or reseting your modem, because that is what i ahve always done.

cibik

May 5, 2017
From April same stuff
Nothing new just pack in different types.and from month to month it s getting worse. June version I really like it. why he changed again?

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
From April same stuff
Nothing new just pack in different types.and from month to month it s getting worse. June version I really like it. why he changed again?
go back to page 16 and re read everything till you hit your post.

R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

Game runs really slow. Renpy is just more suitable for this type of game.

Additionally why is it under "Visual Novels"? The game pretty much follows Lab Rats and Corruption. The thread should also be on the "Games" section.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes