Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I played it for a bit (thanks for the tip on the time advance muttdoggy!). To be honest, I liked where things were at with Subliminal Corruption better, even with the missing graphics. You could visit your aunt, and it seemed like there were more levels to the corruption aspect. And you could steal towels, toiler paper, etc. to trigger more interactions.

I bumped sis's influence over 400, and other than the interesting educational thing, and her choice of sleepwear, yeah nothing else interesting as far as 'futher corruption' might indicate. In Subliminal at least there was the morning sink stuff. Now the shower room and sink room are combined, so the sink encounters aren't there anymore.

The 'watch tv' stuff is new, but not much there yet...

Yes I found mom with aunt on the beach in Research, but that didn't seem to go anywhere. I liked dropping in on Auntie in Subliminal, and what happened to the twins? Yeah they were unimplemented, but now they are completely gone.

I figured out that you make money on your computer now (thanks much for pointing it out Goldfish, I figured it out before I saw your post), but the cameras are now unimplemented (at least in the 0.4 version I downloaded recently), so making money doesn't help. And the white noise thing is gone completely (yeah, it seemed artificial, but at least it was something to spend money on).

I probably should have played the tutorial for Research (my answers were probably there) but since I played Subliminal before, I THOUGHT that I had no need for the tutorial...

Seems like a step backward to me. The game seems like it's early on in the development cycle, so hopefully the game gets more interesting with future updates.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I get the feeling the dev made a rats nest out of all the variables in the previous game "Subliminal Corruption" so he's trying to start fresh with a clearer plan and a setup to avoid the pitfall of the previous game. Like Boomatica's going thru a learning curve with what's possible with RPG Maker..

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I get the feeling the dev made a rats nest out of all the variables in the previous game "Subliminal Corruption" so he's trying to start fresh with a clearer plan and a setup to avoid the pitfall of the previous game. Like Boomatica's going thru a learning curve with what's possible with RPG Maker..
Rats nests are pretty easy to make, especially if you never intended it to be so complex from the start. Also people are learning new things as they progress. I've seen several of these games restarted now just for that reason. So while it is a delay, I think it's all for the best.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
So I played it for a bit (thanks for the tip on the time advance muttdoggy!). To be honest, I liked where things were at with Subliminal Corruption better, even with the missing graphics. You could visit your aunt, and it seemed like there were more levels to the corruption aspect. And you could steal towels, toiler paper, etc. to trigger more interactions.

I bumped sis's influence over 400, and other than the interesting educational thing, and her choice of sleepwear, yeah nothing else interesting as far as 'futher corruption' might indicate. In Subliminal at least there was the morning sink stuff. Now the shower room and sink room are combined, so the sink encounters aren't there anymore.

The 'watch tv' stuff is new, but not much there yet...

Yes I found mom with aunt on the beach in Research, but that didn't seem to go anywhere. I liked dropping in on Auntie in Subliminal, and what happened to the twins? Yeah they were unimplemented, but now they are completely gone.

I figured out that you make money on your computer now (thanks much for pointing it out Goldfish, I figured it out before I saw your post), but the cameras are now unimplemented (at least in the 0.4 version I downloaded recently), so making money doesn't help. And the white noise thing is gone completely (yeah, it seemed artificial, but at least it was something to spend money on).

I probably should have played the tutorial for Research (my answers were probably there) but since I played Subliminal before, I THOUGHT that I had no need for the tutorial...

Seems like a step backward to me. The game seems like it's early on in the development cycle, so hopefully the game gets more interesting with future updates.
If you go back and read you will see that it is a new beginning. The next update will be in one or two days. That makes two updates in 10 days or less. Boom plans on updating about once a week or so. Jeezz you don't have to wait for a frigging month to find the update is just 20 pics and some dialogue.

Reactions: Adoringfan

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
It's Meredith from Roundscape Adorevia. Nerdy magic users have never been so hot. :p
He had to redevelop the game because at that point, his variables for home and work were no longer working correctly (read too many) and couldn't progress as planned. So he had to restart it BUT he is using the old pics to develop should be rather fast this time around.
You could keep the old version and tinker with it.. consider it a challenge to see if you can add jobs and keep it from being a buggy mess??
Yes and no boomer has a fulltime + OT job he puts in well over 40hrs a week in that. The restart was as you said because the game as he laid it out was hard to update I spent many hours debugging it with him the he told me he wanted to restart. I got frustrated and almost quit working with him, But he gave his patrons a mea culppa and many of us decided to help him. I think it's funny while people here bitch and moan his membership goes up because people see how much he wants to make a good game.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Here is one of his post to his members.
1. Because of your support i'm actually taking another day off tomorrow !
"It's starting yay" So i'll be working on this project all tomorrow.

2. Because of your support on thursday i have my new internet connection being fitted, No more waiting for 2-5 hours for my build to finally upload... This will be nice.

3. I'm hoping to get the next build out either Friday/Saturday.
This build however will be for every patreon member straight away as a thankyou for helping me hit the 3rd goal.

Anyway... because i don't have work tomorrow i'm going to be doing several hours work tonight as well.

I may be stuck a little bit on the Clothing scenes however...
Trying to think of a couple of generic scenes to display the cloths.
Then some events to go with them.

Currently there are 54 clothing sets.... yeah ! 54!!!!
Some of these come with Honey Studio so you may have seem them in other games that are using the same program for the FX, just a heads up.

I'll get back to you all later!

-Boom out.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
R.E. the 'restart' and my comments.

First off, I understand where everyone is coming from. The intent of my post was to let anyone that had already downloaded Subliminal know what (not) to expect with the 0.4 Research update, so that they could decide if it might be worth their time to download. IMHO, if you've already played Subliminal Corruption, I'd suggest waiting for the next update.

Also, I do understand that Boomatica made a decision to rework things, and that's fine. Which is why I am hopeful that future updates will move the storyline forward/include more content, as well as incorporating more of the older content from the previous design.

My post was a bit critical, I admit, but the third intent was to share what I liked about Subliminal as well, to encourage the inclusion of that stuff I liked in future updates. Admittedly, there isn't a lot to this game at the moment, but even the small snapshot we saw in Subliminal has some potential.

And I was looking forward to seeing more of the twins. That has the makings of a rather fun side plot.

One more observation. Due to the current level of undeveloped content in 0.4, the game seems rather grindy, for little reward. I'm sure this will be addressed in future updates, as more content is re-incoporated/added. Just sharing that for those that may be considering downloading this game. If you want to take the 'game structure' for a test drive, you can do that but there's not much there yet as far as content, so it may pay to wait for future updates, and keep an eye on this thread in the meantime to get a feel for the new content as it's added. Which hopefully we'll see a significant amount of in future updates.

That's my take. As these threads get longer, people will often look at just the first few and the last few posts to get a feel for a game, so they may miss what's happened in between, and this post will get buried in the middle soon enough. In the meantime, hopefully my take on the current state of the game may be useful to the small handful of people that had downloaded Submiminal Corruption before and are wondering about what has changed so far in Research into Corruption, if they haven't downloaded it already.

Carry on!

Reactions: Tease Me

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Well even though I have no patients I think I will wait till tomorrow or Saturday, to see how much progress has been made. I have faith in Boom so I know it will be mostly about content with a little bit on the infrastructure.

V numbers don't mean much Research in on V4 The Gift Reloaded is on V.02. Neither MrZZ or Boomatica are working on the original games. MrZZ will probably combine his while Boomatica is doing an actual Redux. I enjoy both games but one game is a monthly and the other is a weekly.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Another Boomer update.
Afternoon guys,
Just a little update on what i'm doing.

I'm about to start adding some of the content from the old game.

1. Aunties Home
2. Twins Home
3. Some of the scenes from the old versions i can move across etc etc.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
So, does anyone else get a ton of graphical glitching while playing this game? Any time I open it, I get artifacting all over my screen, not just in the game window. Minimizing and opening a window clears it for a time, but its rather annoying.

Benign, but odd.

Edit: Grabbed a screencap-

Last edited:
May 31, 2017
So, does anyone else get a ton of graphical glitching while playing this game? Any time I open it, I get artifacting all over my screen, not just in the game window. Minimizing and opening a window clears it for a time, but its rather annoying.

Benign, but odd.
Can't say that I have had an issue like that whatsoever.

Operating System?
Computer Specs?
Version (only latest or all versions?)
Are your graphics drivers up to date?

This game *should* work fine on any GPU, including onboard, as long as the drivers are up to date. The game works perfectly for me so it might simply be that you have a corrupted download (although I very much doubt it.)

Edit: Actually, as I think about how this game is structured, the corrupted download makes more sense.

Navigate to your game folder then navigate to:
GAMEFOLDERPATH\www\img\parallaxes
then find the image Overview.png and open it in an image viewing program of your choice. how does it look?

Last edited:

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Can't say that I have had an issue like that whatsoever.

Operating System?
Computer Specs?
Version (only latest or all versions?)
Are your graphics drivers up to date?

This game *should* work fine on any GPU, including onboard, as long as the drivers are up to date. The game works perfectly for me so it might simply be that you have a corrupted download (although I very much doubt it.)

Edit: Actually, as I think about how this game is structured, the corrupted download makes more sense.

Navigate to your game folder then navigate to:
GAMEFOLDERPATH\www\img\parallaxes
then find the image Overview.png and open it in an image viewing program of your choice. how does it look?
Image looks Fine. The game itself looks fine as well at first. The glitching only seems to happen if I am playing youtube vids in the background while playing. And again, its benign glitching, just refreshing the window clears it away.

Win 8.1pro, i5 4690k, GTX 970 (driver update within the last couple weeks), 20GB RAM

Younger54

Dec 13, 2016
Looks like an update on his patreon. Is anyone a backer, or are we waiting for the public release?

Sharkey

Apr 17, 2017
Many thanks for the speedy update.

I do find it odd that people think they are entitled to give criticism to something they are getting for FREE.

Again, many thanks for your hard work in bringing us up to date.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Does anyone have access to the readme for 0.4.5? What was added?

Gambit171

May 9, 2017
Does anyone have access to the readme for 0.4.5? What was added?
Change Log :
Aunto Saves :
- Every Transition (For just incase)

Overall :
- Cursor Change
- Main Menu buttons spaced

Credits page :
- New Animation
--(Ted G) Added

Computer :
- Added desktop
- Added Patreon Work Button
- Added SpyCam Button
- Added Cloth store (Content yet to be added)

Map :
- Icons :
-- Lilly Icon added
-- Amy Icon Added
-- Aunt Shannon Icon added

- Locations :
-- Twins Room added
-- Aunt Shannon's house added
--- Kitchen added
--- Lounge added
--- Bed/Study added
--- Toilet/Bathroom added

Lounge :
- Mother TV Scene 1
- Mother TV Scene 2
- Mother TV Scene 3 Added (M 75 >)
- Mother TV Scene 4 Added (M 100 >)

Dining Room :
-Interaction
-- Sink at 4PM

- 5PM :
- Mother making Tea Generic Scene 1 (0 >)
- Mother making Tea Generic Scene 2 Added (75 >)
- Mother making Tea Generic Scene 3 Added (150 >)
- Mother making Tea Generic Scene 4 Added (225 >)
- Mother making Tea Generic Scene 5 Added (300 >)

- 6PM :
-- Dinner Scene 1
-- Dinner Scene 2 Added (M&S 25 >)
-- Dinner Scene 3 Added (M&S 50 >)
-- Dinner Scene 4 Added (M&S 75 >)

- 7PM :
-- Chloe Washing Generic Scene 1 (0 >)
-- Chloe Washing Generic Scene 2 Added (75 >)
-- Chloe Washing Generic Scene 3 Added (150 >)
-- Chloe Washing Generic Scene 4 Added (225 >)
-- Chloe Washing Generic Scene 5 Added (300 >)

Bedroom :
- 7AM :
-- Sleeping with Sis Generic Scene 1 Added (0 >)
-- Sleeping with Sis Generic Scene 2 Added (75 >)
-- Sleeping with Sis Generic Scene 3 Added (150 >)
-- Sleeping with Sis Generic Scene 4 Added (225 >)
-- Sleeping with Sis Generic Scene 5 Added (300 >)

- 8PM :
-- Chloe Sex Ed Scene 1 (0 >)
-- Chloe Sex Ed Scene 2 (50 >)
-- Chloe Sex Ed Scene 3 (100 >)
-- Chloe Sex Ed Scene 4 (150 >) Added

Mothers BedRoom :
- 7AM
-- Yoga Generic Scene 1 Added (0 >)
-- Yoga Generic Scene 2 Added (75 >)
-- Yoga Generic Scene 3 Added (150 >)
-- Yoga Generic Scene 4 Added (225 >)
-- Yoga Generic Scene 5 Added (300 >)

- 9PM
-- Massage Scene 5 added (200 >)

Toliet :
- Interaction :
-- Toliet Paper
-- 7AM - Mother Scene 1 added (0 >)
-- 9AM - Sister Scene 1 added (0 >)
-- 9PM - Mother Scene 1 added (0 >)

- Walk in scene :
-- Mother Walk in scene 2 added (50 >) (8AM / 10PM)
-- Mother Walk in scene 3 added (90 >) (8AM / 10PM)
-- Mother Walk in scene 4 added (125 >) (8AM / 10PM)

Aunt Shannons Home :
- Welcome Scene 1 Day Clothes (0 >) Added
- Welcome Scene 2 Day Clothes (100 >) Added (Can't be seen yet though)
- Welcome Scene 3 Day Clothes (150 >) Added (Can't be seen yet though)
- Welcome Scene 4 Day Clothes (200 >) Added (Can't be seen yet though)
- Welcome Scene 5 Day Clothes (250 >) Added (Can't be seen yet though)
- Welcome Scene 6 Day Clothes (300 >) Added (Can't be seen yet though)

- Welcome Scene 1 Night Clothes (0 >) Added
- Welcome Scene 2 Night Clothes (100 >) Added (Can't be seen yet)
- Welcome Scene 3 Night Clothes (150 >) Added (Can't be seen yet)
- Welcome Scene 4 Night Clothes (200 >) Added (Can't be seen yet)
- Welcome Scene 5 Night Clothes (250 >) Added (Can't be seen yet)
- Welcome Scene 6 Night Clothes (300 >) Added (Can't be seen yet)

Reactions: Goldfish and OhWee
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes