Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Paypal is the source of the problems for these games, and switching from Patreon to another platform will likely only end up with developers facing the same problems on that new platform.
This cannot be overstated enough. A lot of vitriol towards Patreon would be better served directed at PayPal. That being said, Patreon is growing like crazy and is working to secure +100 million dollars in venture cap money. Adult content is a tiny slice of their revenue, and purging "taboo" content makes sense for their "brand" and to attract new investors. It would take an entrepreneur who thinks to himself "I want to make some money, but not very much, and I need to use a trusted payment processing service that isn't PayPal..." to create a new and trusted patron-source that catered to taboo adult content. That's unlikely to happen, or if it does, that new enterprise will eventually purge the taboo stuff to make more money for the same reasons Patreon is doing, and we'll be right back where we started from.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Then Patreon realizes just how much money they're going to miss by enforcing this nonsense rule.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
not so much, the fact that ero games have the highest patronage does not mean that all the non-ero projects and 'clean' ero projects dont make the bulk of patreon money. Paypal did the same with lushstories and other adult oriented sites.

So RIC => RIP?

I am so close to try myself in renpy in order to code some complex objects that represent in-game characters. So you only reference on object attributes which for convenience can also be edited during the tutorial phase of the game.

e.g. :
char = {
name = 'Margret'
nick = 'Maggie'
role = 'Landlady'
household = Flatshare
relationship = Flatmates
}
household = {
taboo = Forbidden
}

So that in the vanilla version '[char.name], who every one calls [char.nick], is the [char.role] of your [char.household] which makes all of you [char.relationship]. All close relationships between [char.houshold] members are, by rental agreement, [houshold.taboo]'

which if implemented correctly would read: 'Margaret, who everyone calls Maggie, is the Landlady of your Flatshare, which makes you all of Flatmates. All close relationships between Flatshare members are, by rental agreement, Forbidden.'

The last attribute would automatically fail every attempt at H if char.household of two characters is the same. Just in case i do an open world thing or multiple choices.

Then i would implement a lenghty tutorial which allows me to edit every single attribute of every character on the fly, without leaving any patch files to find.

Patreon could then force me make some self-censorship that will reject some specific inputs but unless they throw me a dictionary to implement i stay with the english version of undesired household roles or force a step- prefix on them to annoy everyone. Just learn to call your loved ones in french or give them desired nick names or enjoy outcries like 'we cannot do this, we are a contract bound living arangement! we are tenant and landlord, what would our neighbours think? I could never face my math-teacher and housemaid after this.'

Yeah well you get the idea.

Raze05

Oct 27, 2017
Hello All,

First of all, I'd like to ask everyone to take the time to read all of this, I know there's a lot.
It's important to me that everyone knows and understands why I am having to do this.

Let's start from the beginning when I got the email today :

An Employee of "Patreon's Trust and Safty team" sent me an email today.
"I would post a screenshot of it but I do not wish to get this Employee in trouble"

The email basically states that :

"Employee name here " is no longer assigned to monitor my page for the next couple of months after having my page suspended and that it's been assigned to another member of the trust and safety team.
"This matters because I had an.... Understanding with the first employee"

It's been brought to their attention that I am still developing "Research into Corruption" and planning to release it via my discord.

Even though this does not break any TOS regarding posting said content on patreon directly,
I am still using said content to earn money via Patreon as people will pledge towards my Patreon page to gain access to the discord server which will then give them access to said content.

Due to this, They're informing me that If I or anyone else posts links to future builds of the project named :
"Research into Corruption"
On my page or discord, my page will be put under review for the second time with a high possibility of a permanent ban.

With Patreon being my only source of income and my projects being my now full-time job I can not risk being removed from the website "banned".

Once again I was stuck between a rock and a hard place with a very important decision to make, the same decision several developers had to make these past couples of months.

I know many of you are going to suggest using other websites to fund the project but the issue with that is that almost all of these other websites "especially the ones that have popped up over the past couple of weeks" that offer a similar services do not seem concerned regarding the legal side of things when it comes to dealing money or tax.
And because of this many of the more well-known developers and myself that are doing this as a full-time job haven't changed platforms yet.

There was still the possibility of re-doing all of the images/animations that had Chloe in them but after starting to do this I realized that it would take around 2-3 months to re-do the images/animations as there are well over 1k images and over 100 animations of Chloe which just isn't feasible in my current predicament .

So It's because of this that I regretfully inform everyone that I will no longer be continuing to develop
"Research into Corruption"
And for this, I am deeply and truly sorry.

I am however in touch with a few different people that are willing to try and carry on the project but nothing is set in stone yet.
If any of you are at all interested in carrying on the project and have a copy of RPGMV then please feel free to send me a message and I'll send you a copy of the development folder as well as the HSS program and save files.

For those of you that are supporting me via Patreon right now, I do hope you stick around for a while and see the development of my new game: The Personal Space Resort.

This game will have a lot of the niches/fetishes that are in the old game but I'm not going to 100% confirm anything because when dealing with Patreon I have found that "deniability" is your best friend when giving evidence.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I'll answer the best I can.

-Boom
This is very unfortunate to heard. I have been a patron of you for a few month now and really wish that RIC not really dead dead. And as much as I'm interest in TPSR, I have always like Illusion 3d render more than Daz to be honest. Hopefully there a way for you to still update the game somewhere else, doesn't really matter if it's free or public since I don't become a patron for tier reward or anything, it just to support the game that I like so stuff like early access doesn't really matter for me.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
so if he sets up a second discord or webpage not related / referenced to and from patreon than it should work? Palmer has a patreon step-daughter game and a non patreon true-daughter game on his own page. The script of the step-daugter version he sents to the truth commity of patreon and they aprove it. If he can so should ol' Boomie?

In addition, can someone enlighten me, why he has to redo all the chloe renders?

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
In addition, can someone enlighten me, why he has to redo all the chloe renders?
According to Patreon, Chloe looks underage, and the only way the game could be continued on Patreon is if the character is redesigned to look older.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Update:
I now have a feeling of how @Boomatica programmed RiC. Getting to know HHS is going slow because it's totally new to me and I'm a bit under the weather because of flu.

Still, going on:
First thing that I have done is removal of all Patreon references from the program: you'll now be working on a site called "LewdSites", patrons in the credits are now called 'Funders' and added Boomatica in the special thanks section.

I am still looking at all the events and thinking of how to progress them.
Also have I started thinking up a story for Shannon and Effie because I don't want to screw things up for Sarah and Chloe as I'm still a bit unfamiliar with the project and Shannon and Effie can use an update of events anyway ;)
Because of the sandbox style I have to come up with 17 events for each character with 4 levels each (when aiming for 300 CP). That's 17*4*2=136 events I have to think of, programm and render. This will take a while....

Keeping you all posted.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
That's Honey Select Studio.
Shouldn't that be HSS? Man yeah i dabble in there, too. HS Party for now. I Remember the Playclub studio, thats how i got hooked on ILLUSION's. I was a little overwhelmed with HS. Well, once i upgrade my 'craputer' to 'scraputer' i will offer you a hand. As for now i cannot get Studio running without the FPS dropping to single digit and my translation files are old as shit. If by any chance you found the character files Boomie based his chicks on i may be able to at least try 'reinventing' them and try some poses.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Shouldn't that be HSS? Man yeah i dabble in there, too. HS Party for now. I Remember the Playclub studio, thats how i got hooked on ILLUSION's. I was a little overwhelmed with HS. Well, once i upgrade my 'craputer' to 'scraputer' i will offer you a hand. As for now i cannot get Studio running without the FPS dropping to single digit and my translation files are old as shit. If by any chance you found the character files Boomie based his chicks on i may be able to at least try 'reinventing' them and try some poses.
Yep, sorry typo.
I've got the complete project from Boom, so all saved scenes and characters also.
HSS is running smoothly on my rig (Ryzen R5 1600X, 32GB RAM and AMD Vega 56). Tips and tricks are always welcome and maybe some help with scenes, as I don't want to bother Boom too much because he has his new game to get going.
I want to text everything out first and then try to create some nice pics to go with it.

Reactions: RWaites
U

User_215882

Yep, sorry typo.
I've got the complete project from Boom, so all saved scenes and characters also.
HSS is running smoothly on my rig (Ryzen R5 1600X, 32GB RAM and AMD Vega 56). Tips and tricks are always welcome and maybe some help with scenes, as I don't want to bother Boom too much because he has his new game to get going.
I want to text everything out first and then try to create some nice pics to go with it.
Props to you for taking a stab at this. Probably will help you a lot if you ever want to start your own game.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Props to you for taking a stab at this. Probably will help you a lot if you ever want to start your own game.
Thnx.
But it'll be an experience only in how it is to develop a game.
I have plans for a game, but I think Unity/Ren'Py and Daz3D are better suited for what I have in mind.
This is only to see RiC finished. For me, Boom and all other fans.

draco0804

Jul 22, 2017
So Research into Corruption is finished as it is unfinished. Very weak Boomatica as there is still so much you could get out of it. In my eyes incomprehensible and a great pity for a nice game

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
So Research into Corruption is finished as it is unfinished. Very weak Boomatica as there is still so much you could get out of it. In my eyes incomprehensible and a great pity for a nice game
Have you read anything in this thread or just the part where @Boomatica said he had to stop developing RiC?
It's not as if he wanted to but he had to.

draco0804

Jul 22, 2017
he had to because it's a hypocritical company called PayPal so that's nonsense there are so many other possibilities as paypal.and I hope the dr.smith there is something ingenious of it I push his thumb

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
he had to because it's a hypocritical company called PayPal so that's nonsense there are so many other possibilities as paypal.and I hope the dr.smith there is something ingenious of it I push his thumb
Yes it's probably PayPal.
But Boomatica is not using the services of PayPal, Patreon is! And name one other possibility than Patreon that offers a complete set of services (such as offering a site, collecting money, paying taxes) for an independent, professional game developer.
And don't come with things as 'some are working on it', as it is/was needed now!

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes