Kalyha

Developer of Restore Her Career / WIAS
Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Hmmm do I play the game now or wait for the next update (last time I played this it was 0.13 i think, before mc's mom's birthday... in this version is there a big cliffhanger?)
Well... If you don't want to download the game again later, you can just wait 0.18 I guess :d

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hello Kalyha
Could you include the possibility to name our saves in the next version?
I modified your screen.rpy (attached). This is optionnal (but activated by default).
Thx

DragoonC

Apr 26, 2020
Thanks to Kalyha for making this game. Moreover their code was clean and elegant, props. Apologies my code, in comparison, is a butcher's job.

Gallery Unlocker for Restore Her Career v0.17 (full version only). I doubt I'll be updating this, but I included the sauce so you don't even need to unren. I urge you not to use this to continue playing unless you pick a point before you buy the ring; It seems pretty safe none of the choices before that will impact the story. That said, it looks like every variable gets a default value so at least the game shouldn't crash if you ignore my advice.

Installation:
1. Backup Restore Her Career v0.17 or just game/script.rpyc - you'll be overwriting it and you may wish to undo this
2. Download the attachment (and if you lovey-dove winrar)
3. Open the Restore Her Career v0.17 folder, go into the game folder
4. Open the attachment (from step 2)
5. Drag script.rpyc (from the window of step 4) to the game folder (from step 3), confirm to overwrite
6. Start the game
*. No errors? Congrats, you (probably) installed it correctly
*. Have you backed up your save games? If not (and even if so), use at your own risk!

Usage:
*. Highly recommend you do a normal playthrough before you use the unlocker
1. Start the game
2. Go to gallery, count out which scenes you're missing. If you're playing windowed mode you can just jot this down in notepad, if not - surprise! new memory game. E.g. I needed 28, 42, 46, 47
3. Back to main menu, click Start
4. Follow the menus to load your missing scene
5. Once you've read a line or two, the scene is unlocked in the gallery.
6. Return to main menu
7. Repeat steps 3-6 as desired
8. Shouldn't be any harm done, but might as well uninstall (see Installation, step 1)

Mod info:
* Due to personal circumstances, my energy is always low. Don't expect updates (I included the sauce though, should be easy enough), don't expect support (from me, there's a wonderful community here though) or even signs of life.

Thanks again to Kalyha for making this game.
Thx for the work, but i don't think this is optimal.
Why didn't anyone use the already gallery unlocker code in the gallery.rpy ?
I tried it, but don't know how it really works. I even put the missing images for the button in the right place.
Can someone figure it out pls?

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Thx for the work, but i don't think this is optimal.
Why didn't anyone use the already gallery unlocker code in the gallery.rpy ?
I tried it, but don't know how it really works. I even put the missing images for the button in the right place.
Can someone figure it out pls?
Or just use mine (only the unlocker.rpy)

Reactions: RHQuinn

Kalyha

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Hello Kalyha
Could you include the possibility to name our saves in the next version?
I modified your screen.rpy (attached). This is optionnal (but activated by default).
Thx
Sure, it's actually a good idea.
Thank you for that.

Reactions: Maccafloy

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Kalyha
Could you also include a gallery unlocker? In a vast majority of games, players ask for that and modders must do it for nearly every version. I think it's totally pointless. It's a waste of time for modders and a loss of comfort for players. But maybe you have a different point of view?

I included an optionnal unlocker in your gallery.rpy. I also added the possibility to change the MC Name in replay (instead of the default Stan). It seems you already tried to do something like that.

Note: I don't know if I'm the only one but when I enter the gallery screen (just after launching the game), the screen is really slow. It needs few seconds to be really usable. I can't figure out why???

Kalyha

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
Kalyha
Could you also include a gallery unlocker? In a vast majority of games, players ask for that and modders must do it for nearly every version. I think it's totally pointless. It's a waste of time for modders and a loss of comfort for players. But maybe you have a different point of view?

I included an optionnal unlocker in your gallery.rpy. I also added the possibility to change the MC Name in replay (instead of the default Stan). It seems you already tried to do something like that.

Note: I don't know if I'm the only one but when I enter the gallery screen (just after launching the game), the screen is really slow. It needs few seconds to be really usable. I can't figure out why???
Hello, I tried to add your code into my gallery.rpy but I got an error after trying to access the gallery :

File "game/gallery.rpy", line 138, in execute
screen gallery:
screen gallery:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 143, in execute
textbutton _("MC Name: " + persistent.player_name) action [SetVariable("replay_mcname",persistent.player_name), Show("change_replay_mcname")] style "gallery_button" xalign 0.048 yalign 0.05
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

I copied your entire gallery.rpy file into my game but it just doesn't work and I can't figure what is wrong there.
Do you have an idea ?

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hello, I tried to add your code into my gallery.rpy but I got an error after trying to access the gallery :

screen gallery:
screen gallery:
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 143, in execute
textbutton _("MC Name: " + persistent.player_name) action [SetVariable("replay_mcname",persistent.player_name), Show("change_replay_mcname")] style "gallery_button" xalign 0.048 yalign 0.05
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

I copied your entire gallery.rpy file into my game but it just doesn't work and I can't figure what is wrong there.
Do you have an idea ?
My bad. persistent.player_name isn't defined. I forgot it in my final version.

Reactions: Kalyha

Kalyha

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2019
My bad. persistent.player_name isn't defined. I forgot it in my final version.
It works perfectly fine.
Thank you so much, I'm not so good with python and I was struggling to even add a descent gallery screen haha.

Reactions: fugazi666

Urk

Aug 8, 2020
I've never posted on here until now but this is my all time favorite game I've played so I just wanted to thank you for that. Don't take the haters too personally but if anything just please don't spend too much longer building up adrianna and when the time comes I would like it to carry the same surprising, cruel, bluntness the other scenes have had. There are not many games like this and I find that your type of style is way better than all the corruption clone games out there. Corruption is fine but for the initial first scene this is my only request, again you don't have to listen but personally this is what I find makes your game so appealing. Thanks for all the hard work Kalyha and don't pressure or rush yourself, you're doing great.
I always thought that Adrianna was going to be the exception to that... somewhat. MC has already "surprisingly and bluntly"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, and it wouldn't follow for him to be cruel for cruel's sake, nor do the girls became slaves (its more realistic than that) At least this is my read of the MC. If he finds a weak spot he'll be ruthless but only if needed.

Last edited:

Urk

Aug 8, 2020
I get what you're saying. I'm trying to make the relation between the MC and Adrianna as real as possible, but I know there are some "dumb" excuses that are a bit inconsistent but it is intended to be like this. The corruption progress is already slow and I don't want it too be even longer.
I'm more into the teasing than the realism haha.
Hey! by no means it should be "slower" the pace is fine. Always moving a bit further. I just thought the inner monologue in Adrianna's head was a bit inconsistent with what she agreed to do with MC, but you say it was by design and that you are more into the teasing than, consider me satisfied.
The balance you've managed to struck thus far is really good, i don't think other devs will be able to copy it easily, i'm eagerly awaiting for the next update! and the one after that!

Reactions: otoboke and Kalyha

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'm fine with the time it takes to this Dev to release updates. He is one of the consistent ones, and if 1 update takes a couple more weeks, it must be because of something.

So i dont mind, i cant wait to get out of the party and continue with the main game

3.90 star(s) 155 Votes