RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I'm actually fine with Solo routes. I mean half of the sex we got was because of the Pheromones and we lost that at the End of S1. All games don't need a harem especially if it wouldn't work story wise and if you're trying to be realistic. Though harems do exist still today.

I never was expecting a harem from this game to begin with. I was more so there for the story in S1 and S2 made it easier with Evaline for a single choice(she is a choice right?). Though that said the women choice does seem a bit limited(only 3 women correct) from what I've been reading here. I still haven't reached S3 but spoilers are fine for me as long as it's not Plot related.

Oh and because i saw it mentioned, Dual Family was not a good game from what i remember. It was a glorified Dad worshipping Sim tbh. It made the son look like he was the bad guy while the Dad was some god with the Aunt, Niece and the sister all being obsessed with him for reason i don't remember but was most likely pretentious. Obviously there was some of the context but i don't remember and that game hasn't been updated in god knows how long(probably 2 years now).
Yep, we confirmed before this episode that the three girls you get to choose between are Nicky, Vicky, and Eve. Each choice can be far more than just "What body type and age do I prefer", as not only are their personalities and characters very different from each other, but also what choosing them represents.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The 3 women aren't a spoiler, they are the only 3 Jensen was interested in with regards to a relationship and the only 3 he's spent any time with throughout S2.

Nicky, Vicky and Eve.

Nicky and Vicky were the obvious 2 given he was debating which one to date going through S1 and Eve was added to the group at the start of S2.
No, i mean't spoilers as in what happens during their routes if you chose them. I think i might have worded my other comment wrong.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yep, we confirmed before this episode that the three girls you get to choose between are Nicky, Vicky, and Eve. Each choice can be far more than just "What body type and age do I prefer", as not only are their personalities and characters very different from each other, but also what choosing them represents.

I mean, I'm Eve all the way. I'll be her Adam any/all day :sneaky:.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhound

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No, i mean't spoilers as in what happens during their routes if you chose them. I think i might have worded my other comment wrong.
Sorry, my mistake.

Nothing much happens yet, you have a date with each girl and decide which one to move on with romantically.

Nicky's options carry a lot more emotional weight than the other 2 but I won't spoil why. Vicky is kinda hard to turn down, she's wearing tight biker leathers.

I went for Eve but she's been my top girl since she appeared.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
No, No! Adam is the guy everyone wants to die horribly :D
Looks like we have a severe case of double meaning with that comment, intended or not :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And seeing as Adam may die in some pretty horrible way I would rather go with the Eve being the Yin and me being the Yang :D :D
Well damn, there goes my Adam and Eve joke. I honest forgot for a second the guy name was Adam. Now i have to kill him immediately so he can never use that line against me(don't you dare think about doing it Devs!!! :mad: ). I might as well be that snake in those bushes tempting her with an apple.

Sith1ord

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but Chapter 1 had choices... or at least the perception of choices. But then those choices don't really translate forward since you don't carry the save forward. Chapter 2 has basically no choices at all: who you "focused on" in Ch1, who you share a bed with when recovering the first night, and who's dream to witness... none of these seem to be driving any changes for the remainder of the "game" though.
I really enjoyed the first chapter. However, I found the 2nd chapter, while visually appealing, doesn't really get me invested in the story with the lack of actual decisions. The 4th wall reaction to narrator comments also came across as flat to me as well.
While my "review" may be slightly negative, I hope it is received as constructive. If I didn't feel like it would contribute, or that content creators didn't show potential, I wouldn't have bothered writing it. Hope Chapter 3 turns it around and engages the audience like first one.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but Chapter 1 had choices... or at least the perception of choices. But then those choices don't really translate forward since you don't carry the save forward. Chapter 2 has basically no choices at all: who you "focused on" in Ch1, who you share a bed with when recovering the first night, and who's dream to witness... none of these seem to be driving any changes for the remainder of the "game" though.
I really enjoyed the first chapter. However, I found the 2nd chapter, while visually appealing, doesn't really get me invested in the story with the lack of actual decisions. The 4th wall reaction to narrator comments also came across as flat to me as well.
While my "review" may be slightly negative, I hope it is received as constructive. If I didn't feel like it would contribute, or that content creators didn't show potential, I wouldn't have bothered writing it. Hope Chapter 3 turns it around and engages the audience like first one.
From what I can gather with the chats i've had with Rogue and Knobble is that chapter 1 served as an introduction for the characters, an easy way to get people involved and lighten the modd so to speak.

Season 2 was the introduction to the story and the "bad guys" and how big their network is.

Season 3 is where it gets going properly.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Practicality.

A movie has thousands of frames of images that depict that single fight scene. For us to render just 1,000 images, enough for just a few seconds of fighting, would take around 4 months, not to mention be boring as hell for poor MrKnobb to spend all those months posing and rendering just that one thing. So, we have to 'cheat' and suggest a lot in just a relatively tiny amount of frames. A book, from which a VN gets the word 'Novel', has to use even more words.
yeah... I don't think it needs more frames. The visuals are fine. I don't think anyone is confused that a fight is happening. I just don't enjoy the running inner monologue description and reactions. I think it takes away from it. I don't know how I would fix it. I'm not a writer. I just know I'm not enjoying what I'm being given.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
The only thing they agreed on was to wait until Jensen decided who he wanted to be with.

Sure, write a review when you've completely missed most of the major plot points. Sounds logical.

Then again it seems a lot of people here recently seem to have completely missed the words and just looked at the pictures, no idea why i'm surprised at this point.

We've only been building up to this choice since mid way through season 1, i'm sure it must come as a shock to some people, it was only built up for an entire season.

The only way this could come as a surprise to anyone is if they played the first half of season 1 then started season 3 ... or skipped the entire story which is what I think some of this lot have done.

Main story set aside, this choice has been what the girls story lines have been building up to since Jensen met Nicky and Vicky. Devs said they would add a third choice that turned out to be Eve.

This was never a secret, it was in the game and the devs were open about it I just don't understand why some people are this surprised about something that was said to be coming.
I'm not surprised, just disappointed, I knew that we would get to this point, but I though that maybe... just maybe, more options/choices would be presented, but perhaps it was just me expecting something less cliche.

I just think you missed the point of my comment:
My point is, if you want a dating simulator at least turn the game into a proper one, with CHOICES that incline you to a different girl (idk, maybe some point system), cause having JUST ONE CHOICE to make is (i really didn't wanted to use this word) lazy.

ALSO... The dev totally build the harem atmosphere since the beginning by making ALL GIRLS insta-wet when they see the MC (and i'm not talking about just the pheromone power), and making the MC (without any player choice) care romantically for most of them

The game have change his narrative along the way, some retcons (that was properly incorporated in the story, at least), I'm surprised that you are surprised by the people that didn't like it.

OBS: When i say the MAYBE i should write a review, that comment was just the base, of course i would write other things about the others aspects of the game, but still no one would care, so why should I.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
We've said for well over a year that there's no incest and no NTR going to be in this story.
This is your biggest mistake - you would be silent and everything would be fine, everyone would wait in hopes and dreams, and you took and told everything, revealing the whole plot. And where is the intrigue now?

• Angry
Reactions: Rythan25

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
View attachment 319848

Overview:
You play as the handsome, fit, and capable Jensen Wenchester, a former Captain in Team 5 Infiltration Unit, Army Rangers, years ago, but now the successful owner of his own business, Wenchester Security Company. You have several homes, a successful company, and amazing colleagues, and that seemed like enough. But there's something happening and life is about to get complicated, and somehow it all ties back to the events forgotten in the past. Somehow you are going to need to uncover things so buried you didn't even know you'd forgotten them. Things are going to be exciting as you begin Retrieving The Past.​

Thread Updated: 2019-12-09
Release Date: 2019-12-04
Developer: MrKnobb - -
Censored: No
Version: Season 03 Episode 1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Gameplay:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - -

Extras:

View attachment 229670 View attachment 124224 View attachment 124225 View attachment 124223 View attachment 102519 View attachment 102520 View attachment 102516 View attachment 102517 View attachment 102518 View attachment 102513 View attachment 260490 View attachment 260491 View attachment 260492 View attachment 260493 View attachment 260494 View attachment 260495
YES!! FINALLY!!

Jugo66

Dec 6, 2018
So disapointed from this long awaited update !!! First the hole story is to build up the harem with al the hot girls and now it get destroyed after the first decission . A small tip for the dev , when you wanna cutout a harem route let it from beginning , with this dramastic change you destroyed the feeling of the story completely!!!

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes