Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Knobb and Pink collaborated on sharing their characters in their most current chapters (check out AL epi 6 for some fun). It's a cool idea, but shouldn't be overused, since each game stands on its own merits and doesn't really *need* the crossover.

But it was fun to pull the MC name out of my other save data. Neat trick adding flavor to Knobb's nice game.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hey Master Ignatz right you are... The crossover was something we both felt we wanted to do as it's out of box for us.
It will all simmer down from here on. Rey Rey may appear somewhere in the future in RTP but only a phone call or maybe a cameo... We will see.

The nice save data Name in game trick that is all DocPink as he's the coding master.

Knobb and Pink collaborated on sharing their characters in their most current chapters (check out AL epi 6 for some fun). It's a cool idea, but shouldn't be overused, since each game stands on its own merits and doesn't really *need* the crossover.

But it was fun to pull the MC name out of my other save data. Neat trick adding flavor to Knobb's nice game.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eerie Entity Hold on a damn minute! Rena is even in the game?! I thought it was just a cool reference but that just blew me away. Unless it was a coincidence, the game even new what my name and what route I'm on in AL! My mind is blown right now.
Hehe, so you spotted that, good :) Yeah, Rena indeed made a cameo appearance in RTS, the MC of this story is her uncle, you might recall that Rena mentioned the uncle to AL MC in the cabin :p Even Mrs. Pearson, the teacher of the acting class makes an appearance briefly, haha.
You may or may have not noticed, but RTP MC made a cameo appearance in AL too, he was the guy that played guitar on stage in the concert, and the two girls Megan and Melissa bumped into in the bathroom, that's Mei and Nicky, both of which are from RTP too, Nicky is Vicky's (the redhead) daughter, and Mei is Nicky's best friend, hehe :p
Subtle way to tie these two universes, but if a player hasn't paid much interest and/nor attention to the characters of both stories, they can actually miss out on those cameos entirely, haha, but I most certainly spotted them :p

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eerie Entity For only 3 chapters it sure has been going on for a while, I kept thinking I must be near the end now and i haven't seen anything familiar yet. I started to think i missed it haha. Then i saw exactly what you meant! I Can't believe Rena is Jensen's niece haha, that's fucking awesome!
Yeah, I was very excited and giddy to see Rena appearing on RTP, it was a very welcome surprise to me, she is one of my favorites after all, haha. But it was really cool though, because now we know who this uncle Rena spoke so highly of is :p

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
You'll see some more of the concert in Ch4 and ... we'll you'l see
I just have to ask whilst there is talk about twists in chapter 4 ... you are not turning down Vicky in the game are you? That would be awful .. I just think they both would be a perfect match ... after some trouble & difficulties & their solutions of course ..

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I just have to ask whilst there is talk about twists in chapter 4 ... you are not turning down Vicky in the game are you? That would be awful .. I just think they both would be a perfect match ... after some trouble & difficulties & their solutions of course ..
Nobody in their right mind would turn down Vicky, not only is she pure awesomeness, but she also deserves a real man, a good man in her life, and who would be better than MC to prove to her that not all men are swines like so many make them seem to be :p

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Yeah, I was very excited and giddy to see Rena appearing on RTP, it was a very welcome surprise to me, she is one of my favorites after all, haha. But it was really cool though, because now we know who this uncle Rena spoke so highly of is :p
Hehe, so you spotted that, good :) Yeah, Rena indeed made a cameo appearance in RTS, the MC of this story is her uncle, you might recall that Rena mentioned the uncle to AL MC in the cabin :p Even Mrs. Pearson, the teacher of the acting class makes an appearance briefly, haha.
You may or may have not noticed, but RTP MC made a cameo appearance in AL too, he was the guy that played guitar on stage in the concert, and the two girls Megan and Melissa bumped into in the bathroom, that's Mei and Nicky, both of which are from RTP too, Nicky is Vicky's (the redhead) daughter, and Mei is Nicky's best friend, hehe :p
Subtle way to tie these two universes, but if a player hasn't paid much interest and/nor attention to the characters of both stories, they can actually miss out on those cameos entirely, haha, but I most certainly spotted them :p
I did see Mrs. Pearson, but at the time it didn't click for me, but now that you have mentioned it, it clicked haha. i didn't realize Nicky and Mei were in AL though, The 2 dev's have really done really well tying their respective games together, I can't wait to see more crossovers. @MrKnobb how did this come to be?

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I did see Mrs. Pearson, but at the time it didn't click for me, but now that you have mentioned it, it clicked haha. i didn't realize Nicky and Mei were in AL though, The 2 dev's have really done really well tying their respective games together, I can't wait to see more crossovers. @MrKnobb how did this come to be?
Personally I have no idea how the respective cameo appearances came to be, but I'm happy that they did, in that subtle way these two universes became one, but they are still their own stories, haha :) The crossovers indeed were brilliant, can't wait to see more of those :)

Reactions: thomasxlong

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Personally I have no idea how the respective cameo appearances came to be, but I'm happy that they did, in that subtle way these two universes became one, but they are still their own stories, haha :) The crossovers indeed were brilliant, can't wait to see more of those :)
I wonder if this is just the start of the AGU (Adult Games Universe). Yo that would be tight!

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Knobb and Pink are actually psychically linked twins, born on opposite sides of the globe at the exact same microsecond. It was only recently, while working on smut games, that they realized the connection. And thus was the crossover born!

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I wonder if this is just the start of the AGU (Adult Games Universe). Yo that would be tight!
I hope not, I like how only some some devs do this kind of cooperation, having characters from their respective stories make cameo appearances, but if everyone did that, well, then it would kind of lose its power and novelty :p

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Knobb and Pink are actually psychically linked twins, born on opposite sides of the globe at the exact same microsecond. It was only recently, while working on smut games, that they realized the connection. And thus was the crossover born!
You mean, The AGU was born!

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Haha, well you sure as hell don't lack imagination, that made me crack :p

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
I hope not, I like how only some some devs do this kind of cooperation, having characters from their respective stories make cameo appearances, but if everyone did that, well, then it would kind of lose its power and novelty :p
Oh absolutely! It would be very EXCLUSIVE. Not just anyone can join in the AGU, the rules simply just wouldn't allow it. ;)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Oh absolutely! It would be very EXCLUSIVE. Not just anyone can join in the AGU, the rules simply just wouldn't allow it. ;)
Apart from RTP and AL, I think the only two VNs that have done this is Dating My Daughter and Melody :p

But those two VNs of course are done by the same dev, so it's not AS special as RTP and AL, since those two are completely different entities :p

Reactions: thomasxlong

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Apart from RTP and AL, I think the only two VNs that have done this is Dating My Daughter and Melody :p

But those two VNs of course are done by the same dev, so it's not AS special as RTP and AL, since those two are completely different entities :p
Comparing those to is kinda like comparing Marvel and DC haha

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Comparing those to is kinda like comparing Marvel and DC haha
I wouldn't know, I don't really follow superhero stuff, the market is over flooded with them currently, the novelty wore out, haha.

If I want to watch superhero stuff, I actually like them dark then, like Dark Knight (Batman), or funny and absurd like Dead Pool xD

Reactions: WaltS

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018

IIRC the D from DMD had a cameo in PL, walking past the MC in one of the shops.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes