MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
I personally believe in positive feedback and criticism, even if there's something about something that you don't like or you just think it could be better, you can always point that out in a positive way, maybe even point out what could be done differently so that that something could be a little better. Coming about things that way in my opinion is the only right way, because it doesn't bash the products creator, nor the product itself but instead the creator/developer can take your feedback in a positive way and improve on it. Feedback given in a negative and hostile tone doesn't help anybody and if anything, it can be demoralizing, and if such feedback keeps coming in long enough, then what's the point to continue creating something people just keep bashing over and over.

I personally just love and appreciate RtP for what it is, and it's absolutely great.
Some people complain that sex in this story comes off too easy, well, it kind of ought to come easy when a person is affected by your aphrodisiac- like pheromones that increases your libido in such extreme level that it makes you downright irresistible. And MC would be desirable even without the pheromones, but the pheromones just elevates that tenfold, haha.
Then there's his unnatural sized monster dock, his superhuman strength and speed, all this is clearly the product of what's going on and happening with MC and I think the story somehow revolves around all that, but that of course remains to be seen, but it makes a good plot, makes me want to know just what the hell is going on, haha, I smell conspiracy in the making, and I just love that kind of stuff.

But yeah, I don't know, I just can and do appreciate this VN and the story for what it is, the story is great, loving the renders and animations, I seriously think the dev is doing topnotch work.

P.S. Even if someone thought that the story and all doesn't make a whole lot of sense, well, maybe one should stop and think that maybe it's intentionally that way, that things would unravel gradually as the story goes forward, and the more one follows the story, the more it'll make sense. That's why it's too early to judge what one simply doesn't know, yet. Let the dev do his thing, help him with positive feedback (and I mean positive and negative criticism in a positive and helpful way), and enjoy the ride (hopefully). :)
I personally believe in smaller comments XD

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I personally believe in smaller comments XD
Well I just like to elaborate my opinions and thoughts sometimes, especially for the sake of argument, haha.
Can't really say something and not back it up :p

Reactions: MausMaus

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
I was wondering who Megan bumped into in the bathroom back in AL, well now it all makes sense. Respect to the devs, keep doing what you're doing its your game after all!

also Dick getting smashed in two games is pretty satisfying

U

User_10739

Here's my "squashed like bug" (compressed) version.

Lossy compression is used. (means some, image/audio/video quality may be reduced to make files smaller)
I have a 27" monitor and I don't notice any difference but you may, so, if you don't like it, tell someone who gives a shit...

Retrieving The Past [Ch. 4 v0.4.0] [MrKnobb] - Original Size: (947MB)

Squashed Download Win (260MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
It's a stupid basestory and there are barely no choices , but I kinda like it nonetheless.
That crossover stuff helps too, because I really like "acting lessons" ^^

This is not so absurd or crazy that it jumps the shark. Its the shut down your brain and enjoy the ride kind of story. :)

I really would like to see a more branching story, but at the end this straight forward approach fits the narrative.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That was another great episode right there, and the story is really starting to pick up now, I love how each episode answers some questions, but leaves you with a set of new questions, I really appreciate that kind of stuff, and plot twists too. And this episode definitely confirmed some suspicions that I had, but now I'm indeed left with new questions, didn't quite expect something like THAT (the end of the episode), like damn! :p

Reactions: rogosh

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Sweet an update just came out for this my 2nd favorite of the new wave of games !!

Also to @MrKnobb I hope you dont get discouraged by some of the criticisms, every game has them, and what you have here is kind of special as you can see by the majority.

I dont bother to look up people's posting history, but from the complaints I saw from those not quite liking your game, I can already guess who and what they like... The fact that the main complaint is "your MC is too stronk !!" just screams at least to me that what they are really saying is "NOOOO !! Jensen might never get cucked by other people, therefore I hate your game !!".

I mean if they had said the lack of brancing paths, the fact that it has bugs, the fact that what little choices are there lead to the exact same result.... All these things would have been things that would have been valid complaints...

Storywise however, I feel all they could say is "I dont like your story premise" and in that case they should move on... I was interested in this new game that came out this week "Because I love her" and tried to read further into it since NTR Optional... but its quite clear the fanbase there is toxic as all hell, so I just moved on, and didnt even bother to download.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Sweet an update just came out for this my 2nd favorite of the new wave of games !!

Also to @MrKnobb I hope you dont get discouraged by some of the criticisms, every game has them, and what you have here is kind of special as you can see by the majority.

I dont bother to look up people's posting history, but from the complaints I saw from those not quite liking your game, I can already guess who and what they like... The fact that the main complaint is "your MC is too stronk !!" just screams at least to me that what they are really saying is "NOOOO !! Jensen might never get cucked by other people, therefore I hate your game !!".

I mean if they had said the lack of brancing paths, the fact that it has bugs, the fact that what little choices are there lead to the exact same result.... All these things would have been things that would have been valid complaints...

Storywise however, I feel all they could say is "I dont like your story premise" and in that case they should move on... I was interested in this new game that came out this week "Because I love her" and tried to read further into it since NTR Optional... but its quite clear the fanbase there is toxic as all hell, so I just moved on, and didnt even bother to download.
I didn't actually notice the "Because I Love Her" community being toxic, but then again I didn't really read comments there, as I kind of know what to expect from mainly NTR based game, even though it's optional. In the latest episode I actually didn't like it at all that MC would still tempt his girl telling her that nightmare he had and she gets all flustered and horny, even if you're going about the the most purest route with her you possibly can, like what the hell? I'm trying to AVOID NTR or any desire of infidelity of any kind, like damn! The dev also said that if people are trying to read the story NTR-free, then they are going to have to wait until chapter 5-6, that's when there'd be romance stuff, soooo, we're gonna have to wait quite a bit. And I'll wait, it still has potential to be a good one in my book :) But enough about that...

MrKnobb isn't discouraged, I asked when those said comments took place, but Knobb was pretty much just as annoyed by the fact that it seemed that those individuals haven't been paying any attention to the story at all, so they are judging things unfairly and quite harshly, which is never pleasant. Even I was quite shocked, to such degree that I quite vocally defended the game, haha.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I didn't actually notice the "Because I Love Her" community being toxic, but then again I didn't really read comments there, as I kind of know what to expect from mainly NTR based game, even though it's optional. In the latest episode I actually didn't like it at all that MC would still tempt his girl telling her that nightmare he had and she gets all flustered and horny, even if you're going about the the most purest route with her you possibly can, like what the hell? I'm trying to AVOID NTR or any desire of infidelity of any kind, like damn! The dev also said that if people are trying to read the story NTR-free, then they are going to have to wait until chapter 5-6, that's when there'd be romance stuff, soooo, we're gonna have to wait quite a bit. And I'll wait, it still has potential to be a good one in my book :) But enough about that...

MrKnobb isn't discouraged, I asked when those said comments took place, but Knobb was pretty much just as annoyed by the fact that it seemed that those individuals haven't been paying any attention to the story at all, so they are judging things unfairly and quite harshly, which is never pleasant. Even I was quite shocked, to such degree that I quite vocally defended the game, haha.
See this is exactly it, the main criticism that got brought up for that game, you know what the posters there said ? I'm sure you can imagine how defensive they got... I am sure you can also guess which word they conveniently forgot about *hint* "avoidable"...

The fact that the dev didnt take it like Mrknobbs did here and instead said "thats the main fetish I like, so if you dont like it sprinkled even in the pure path, this game aint for you". Now thats a nice thing for the dev to say rather than string you along, but then his "genre tag" shouldn't give you false hope, call it what it is...

Anyway I like this game since the story premise isnt "the MC is super strong and good at everything because **** you, that why "... there literally is a backstory, and DRIVE !!! People dont have to like it but they should damn well acknowledge that such a traumatic event CAN SHAPE someone's live and motivate them immensely !!

What happened to Jensen was tragic as all hell, how someone can sit there and say "so he's amazing because he was sad his GF died in highschool" is straight up disrespectful as all hell... Not only was she raped while he was powerless to stop said atrocious act, but when someone else did manage to call for help and scare them off, she was brutally murdered !! How the hell that doesnt drive someone to work out everyday, get some ridiculous amounts of training as he said "to make sure it never happens to anyone again as long as he can be there to protect them". Add to that he isnt alone, he has a mercenary group running a "protection agency" people that are professionals at what they do, of course he is going to be able to find where bad guys, and stop them before they get their way...

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
See this is exactly it, the main criticism that got brought up for that game, you know what the posters there said ? I'm sure you can imagine how defensive they got... I am sure you can also guess which word they conveniently forgot about *hint* "avoidable"...

The fact that the dev didnt take it like Mrknobbs did here and instead said "thats the main fetish I like, so if you dont like it sprinkled even in the pure path, this game aint for you". Now thats a nice thing for the dev to say rather than string you along, but then his "genre tag" shouldn't give you false hope, call it what it is...

Anyway I like this game since the story premise isnt "the MC is super strong and good at everything because **** you, that why "... there literally is a backstory, and DRIVE !!! People dont have to like it but they should damn well acknowledge that such a traumatic event CAN SHAPE someone's live and motivate them immensely !!

What happened to Jensen was tragic as all hell, how someone can sit there and say "so he's amazing because he was sad his GF died in highschool" is straight up disrespectful as all hell... Not only was she raped while he was powerless to stop said atrocious act, but when someone else did manage to call for help and scare them off, she was brutally murdered !! How the hell that doesnt drive someone to work out everyday, get some ridiculous amounts of training as he said "to make sure it never happens to anyone again as long as he can be there to protect them". Add to that he isnt alone, he has a mercenary group running a "protection agency" people that are professionals at what they do, of course he is going to be able to find where bad guys, and stop them before they get their way...
Exactly, and reading all that I can see that you too actually pay very close attention to the story, and thus you actually understand the story AND the backstory, motivations and everything. I love the fact that this is kind of like the movie "Lucky Number Slevin", that's starring Josh Hartnet and Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman, there's lots of plot twists and all, and if you don't pay attention, you'll have lots of "wait..what? What's going on, did I miss something?" moments, the story constantly goes forward and there's new developments, but they don't make a whole lot of sense if you haven't been paying enough attention from the beginning. And the story just pulls you toward it like gravity, wanting for more, at least that's how I feel about it, haha. Great story, beautiful renders and models, absolutely an awesome VN that would deserve a hell of a lot more support and fans that it has :)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This game is really weird for me. Some parts feel really good, some parts feel really bad.

I appreciate the game trying to have serious storyline, but it's jarring to see the sex happening just like that all the time just because.

From this particular update, I didn't enjoy the blatant "choose Vicky or Nicky" options. I think it could've been presented better if it's in form of a dialogue/monologue rather than 2 text-box options. Same with the threesome where it's literally the two girls showing up unannounced (and Jensen randomly opening doors just in his briefs too lol).

Overall, I think this game would benefit by having better build-up and better transition between scenes/events. I think the dev has good ideas, but having trouble in presenting them in a seamless manner. The game feels more like chopped up multiple short bits instead of one continuous story.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes