N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
to each his own, i personally try to take my time to take in a story to see where it leads,and pay attention to details.
if someone doesnt like this game that is his right, but please dont bash it, just move along.
yes this is the internet and anonymity gives you power.
but keep in mind, there's another person on the otherside that has spend hours,days,weeks or longer to make something,which he/she is proud off.

so to all
please keep mind that Developers are just human like you and me ( the opinions about me being human do vary )

have a nice day
so people are not allowed to criticize any product ? "unless you praise this, gtfo" what does it matter if someone's opinion is positive or negative ? just curious how your logic works. does someone opinion automatically becomes invalid if he criticizing something, or its just forbidden to voice that opinion ?

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
@N1K17Y.

Thank you,and i like you too ( upto a point ) .
but i think we should split our ways & see other people.

p.s.
dont eat the yellow snow,i heard some nasty rumors

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
so people are not allowed to criticize any product ? "unless you praise this, gtfo" what does it matter if someone's opinion is positive or negative ? just curious how your logic works. does someone opinion automatically becomes invalid if he criticizing something, or its just forbidden to voice that opinion ?
Well, there's criticizing and then there's straight-up bashing, and the latter is which you're guilty of in this case.
You do have the right to voice your opinions, of course, but that can be done in so much more polite and diplomatic way, which in fact would be a much more likely to possibly bring desired results, bashing someone's product and work surely won't do anybody good. You can give negative review in a positive way, you know?

But on that note, you're too early to judge the story, or even the characters, things in the story are just about to start, we don't know what will happen there, we don't know how they possibly can change the characters and that sort of stuff.
If you really want to criticize the product, wait until it's finished, otherwise it's premature and unfair.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
but please dont bash it, just move along.
But negative feedback sure can be useful, right?
I mean, if i was a dev and created a patreon page to fund my game, i'd like to know why people are hating it and/or why is not getting more pledges, even if i disagree with them ::|:. As long you're not doing personal attacks, i say it's fine calling a game shit because reasons.

Btw, i tried RtP once and i have some similar complaints to @N1K17Y. I completely disagree about the game trying to be serious, because everything is so over the top; and the dialogue being okay, because it gets tiresome after a while, due to how predictable the narrative is.
I had a personal dislike for the lighting speed pace and lack of build up for sex (nothing feels "rewarding" here), the linearity and useless one box "choices", bland characterization (girls personalities don't matter, cause they are mere cock receptacles anyway), completely unrelatable protagonist.
I played quite a few games with overpowered protags, and the few i enjoyed usually had enough characterization to make me feel at least empathy for them. Which i can't feel for Jensen, since he is just a walking dildo. Ofc i wish i had his life, but there's only so much wish fulfillment fantasy i can take. :p
I liked the visuals though and the angry milf had potential, till she started falling for Jensen's magic and had her characterization destroyed. :winkytongue:

I also disagree about not criticizing an unfinished game. Why would it be fair to give a 5 star rating to a game that is still a 0.01 and merely has a bare bones story, but not give it a 1 star rating when it's on the same stage, is low quality on many aspects, but you shouldn't evaluate negatively just because "it isn't finished yet and you don't know how different it will be in the future"? seems biased to me.
Only thing i won't do is give negative reviews based on fetishes/kinks i hate/don't understand; and review partial games i most certainly won't come back to, because if it improves in the future, i will have to give the game another try.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Schlock... how nasty of you LOL
Schlock is sometimes a compliment these days - you know, the "so bad it's good" or the more diplomatic "knows its audience" style of backhanded compliment. I don't think this game is good or bad enough to count - I think it's merely noteworthy - but I imagine that's how it was intended.

If I were to point at any game as actual schlock, I'd probably pick BoB. That game is a labor of love.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Criticism, while not always wanted, is often necessary. While praise and applause can help boost confidence, criticism can often help point out areas that may have not been noticed by the creator.

Tone is always crucial. Something that sounds mean-spirited or dismissive risks not only being ignored, but triggering the RDF (rabid defense force) present for every game.

Some of the items mentioned are valid considerations for the creator. Some of the criticisms are overly harsh and/or premature. But, again, tonally acceptable criticism should always be welcomed.

I also agree with offering comments early in a game's development, as long as the commentator allows for the fact that things may improve/change in the future. At 0.1, few people see much of the creator's vision.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I mean, if i was a dev and created a patreon page to fund my game, i'd like to know why people are hating it and/or why is not getting more pledges, even if i disagree with them ::|:. As long you're not doing personal attacks, i say it's fine calling a game shit because reasons.

Btw, i tried RtP once and i have some similar complaints to @N1K17Y. I completely disagree about the game trying to be serious, because everything is so over the top; and the dialogue being okay, because it gets tiresome after a while, due to how predictable the narrative is.
I had a personal dislike for the lighting speed pace and lack of build up for sex (nothing feels "rewarding" here), the linearity and useless one box "choices", bland characterization (girls personalities don't matter, cause they are mere cock receptacles anyway), completely unrelatable protagonist.
I played quite a few games with overpowered protags, and the few i enjoyed usually had enough characterization to make me feel at least empathy for them. Which i can't feel for Jensen, since he is just a walking dildo. Ofc i wish i had his life, but there's only so much wish fulfillment fantasy i can take. :p
I liked the visuals though and the angry milf had potential, till she started falling for Jensen's magic and had her characterization destroyed. :winkytongue:

I also disagree about not criticizing an unfinished game. Why would it be fair to give a 5 star rating to a game that is still a 0.01 and merely has a bare bones story, but not give it a 1 star rating when it's on the same stage, is low quality on many aspects, but you shouldn't evaluate negatively just because "it isn't finished yet and you don't know how different it will be in the future"? seems biased to me.
Only thing i won't do is give negative reviews based on fetishes/kinks i hate/don't understand; and review partial games i most certainly won't come back to, because if it improves in the future, i will have to give the game another try.
I actually meant more like saying "oh this story is utter garbage" when the story isn't even finished, how can you judge something you don't know yet? You can only judge certain aspects, but not the story as a whole because it's not even finished yet and you don't know where it's going to go, when, how and so on. Same applies to the characters, who knows how they will grow as the story goes on.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
I actually meant more like saying "oh this story is utter garbage" when the story isn't even finished, how can you judge something you know yet? You can only judge certain aspects, but not the story as a whole because it's not even finished yet and you don't know where it's going to go, when, how and so on. Same applies to the characters, who knows how they will grow as the story goes on.
It's just opinions mate
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
yes it can if its also constructive.
im more concerned about people that bash a game.
i have seen a lot of developers quit or stopped replying because of the comments by a few people in this community , allthough i do appreciate people commenting, atleast do it constructive as a said before.

most of the developers here are solo or have friends helping out,using skills they learned online or by just testing the boundaries of the programs they use.
is it perfect ?
no way it never is, but are you ?
the big "teams" have the equipment, the money & multiple people to do the work for them.
here its just a handfull of people teaming up .
would you rather have them learn to get better by positivity , or just stop making games all together.
keep in mind , there isnt a legit option for most of the games on this site .
the developers i know are working 40-50 hours a week, have private lives and work their ass off at night and in the weekend to provide a game to the masses here.
so yeah, if someone trashes a dev , i get annoyed.
see the grand picture.
be creative, be supportive,give a dev a pat on the back, cos they are feeding your fetish ;)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
i have seen a lot of developers quit or stopped replying because of the comments by a few people in this community , allthough i do appreciate people commenting, atleast do it constructive as a said before.

most of the developers here are solo or have friends helping out,using skills they learned online or by just testing the boundaries of the programs they use.
is it perfect ?
the big "teams" have the equipment, the money & multiple people to do the work for them.
would you rather have them learn to get better by positivity , or just stop making games all together.
the developers i know are working 40-50 hours a week, have private lives and work their ass off at night and in the weekend to provide a game to the masses here.
see the grand picture.
be creative, be supportive,give a dev a pat on the back, cos they are feeding your fetish ;)
Exactly that, well said :)

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016

is it perfect ?
see the grand picture.
You basically said again that the only appropiate comment to make is that everything is wonderful. If you really think like that... OOF.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
So basically it's not a labor of love then? Mmm, interesting...

Let's see in Chapter 4 where the story goes, if it's still just schlock then by all means totally up to you guys to move to other games as I am sure you have already.

.:Lataz:.

EDIT: As Kasey indicated let's discuss the game from here on in depth if possible. I do value criticism done tactfully.

Schlock is sometimes a compliment these days - you know, the "so bad it's good" or the more diplomatic "knows its audience" style of backhanded compliment. I don't think this game is good or bad enough to count - I think it's merely noteworthy - but I imagine that's how it was intended.

If I were to point at any game as actual schlock, I'd probably pick BoB. That game is a labor of love.

Reactions: repuindy

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018
You basically said again that the only appropiate comment to make is that everything is wonderful. If you really think like that... OOF.
again missing it .
lets say you play a chapter and notice somethings looks of and you post
"hey Dev this is not my kind of game but i noticed this or that have you considerd etc etc "that is positive critisizm while still having your own opnions.
so now lets focus on the game again .
and as always have a nice day :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
again missing it .
lets say you play a chapter and notice somethings looks of and you post
"hey Dev this is not my kind of game but i noticed this or that have you considerd etc etc "that is positive critisizm while still having your own opnions.
so now lets focus on the game again .
and as always have a nice day :)
I personally believe in positive feedback and criticism, even if there's something about something that you don't like or you just think it could be better, you can always point that out in a positive way, maybe even point out what could be done differently so that that something could be a little better. Coming about things that way in my opinion is the only right way, because it doesn't bash the products creator, nor the product itself but instead the creator/developer can take your feedback in a positive way and improve on it. Feedback given in a negative and hostile tone doesn't help anybody and if anything, it can be demoralizing, and if such feedback keeps coming in long enough, then what's the point to continue creating something people just keep bashing over and over.

I personally just love and appreciate RtP for what it is, and it's absolutely great.
Some people complain that sex in this story comes off too easy, well, it kind of ought to come easy when a person is affected by your aphrodisiac- like pheromones that increases your libido in such extreme level that it makes you downright irresistible. And MC would be desirable even without the pheromones, but the pheromones just elevates that tenfold, haha.
Then there's his unnatural sized monster dock, his superhuman strength and speed, all this is clearly the product of what's going on and happening with MC and I think the story somehow revolves around all that, but that of course remains to be seen, but it makes a good plot, makes me want to know just what the hell is going on, haha, I smell conspiracy in the making, and I just love that kind of stuff.

But yeah, I don't know, I just can and do appreciate this VN and the story for what it is, the story is great, loving the renders and animations, I seriously think the dev is doing topnotch work.

P.S. Even if someone thought that the story and all doesn't make a whole lot of sense, well, maybe one should stop and think that maybe it's intentionally that way, that things would unravel gradually as the story goes forward, and the more one follows the story, the more it'll make sense. That's why it's too early to judge what one simply doesn't know, yet. Let the dev do his thing, help him with positive feedback (and I mean positive and negative criticism in a positive and helpful way), and enjoy the ride (hopefully). :)

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
So basically it's not a labor of love then? Mmm, interesting...
I didn't say that, but I will if you ask seductively. I think this game - or what we've seen of it - is more accurately thought of as a labor of mirth.

edit: It lacks the self-involvedness and pull to be of love, but also the disregard and enterprise to count as schlocky. In their place, there's perhaps a sense of service or invitation.

Reactions: supermanz95

acidnightmare

Aug 23, 2018
Constructive criticism is necessary but simply saying you don't like the game because the writing or realism (really? complaining about realism in an adult fantasy VN?) doesn't gel with you doesn't benefit anyone. Now can we please get back to discussing the game and move on from these meta arguments.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes