misterf91

Apr 3, 2018
Hello people, I'm here to tell you I'VE MADE A PATCH for this game, and I'll link it down here.
However, let me say something before scrolling through.

Being just a first release there's not a lot of content yet, but I'm enjoying the story, and I look forward to reading the rest of it, if anything to see where @MrKnobb takes it with the whole "weird dream" thing.
But I don't want to spoiler things for whoever didn't get a chance to play this game yet, so I'll just focus on external stuff.
The renders are quite good, and so are the female characters seen until now (well, maybe some faces were a bit weird but... nothing too bad).
I also enjoy the episodic releases, because instead of having to cut abruptly the game every time, we get some kind of "arc ending" like in tv series, manga or anime.

However, if i have to note a bad side of the game, the writing takes first place.
Being a story-driven game, it needs really good writing (also english knowledge), but it felt somehow lacking and filled with spelling/syntax mistakes...
That's what my PATCH does, I've fixed the writing by going though ALL THE DIALOGUE in the game, word per word, and I'll write down here the specifics of what i did.

@MrKnobb Bud, I've got a couple questions for you, but I'll limit myself to one. Why do you keep two almost exact copies of the script.rpyc file? There's one inside archive.rpa and one inside ep1ch1_0.rpa.
It seems useless to me, also I've personally worked on the archive.rpa for my Patch, but i had to take an extra step and modify the ep1ch1_0.rpa too thanks to what I've said before (i just replaced both script.rpyc with my modified one)...
Maybe that's something you could change before your next release?
Apart from that, you did an amazing job and I can't wait for the next episode!

Now for the patch;

WHAT DID I CHANGE?
  • Removed ALL (unless i missed some) spelling mistakes
  • Greatly improved general Grammar and Syntax
  • Fixed misplaced words (ie. We'll instead of Well)
  • Fixed past/present/future tenses, where needed
  • Fixed singular/plural mistakes (ie. women instead of woman)
  • Fixed one occasion of text attributed to the wrong character
  • Replaced all incoherent/ambiguous dialogue, with more understandable lines
  • Other minor things...
HOW TO INSTALL?
  • Unpack the archieve and inside you'll find 2 files (archive.rpa and ep1ch1_0.rpa)
  • Navigate to the Game's "game" folder (>Retrieving The Past -> game)
  • Here you'll see the same archive.rpa and ep1ch1_0.rpa files
  • Make backup copies of the files, in case you mess up
  • Copy and Paste my files (if done right, you'll get prompted to replace existing ones)
  • Replace all and you're done
ANY KNOWN BUGS?
  • As of now, there are no known bugs
Lastly, here's a patch mirror download link;

I hope you'll enjoy my writing style!
If you have any suggestion, notice any mistake or simply want to tell me something, i'm more or less online 3/4 days per week, you can hit me up in PM's if you wanna be sure I'll notice your message.
Also, you're free to mirror (or modify) the patch wherever you want, I just have GDRIVE available unfortunately.

PS: If @N7 (or any mod) wants to add links redirecting here and/or patch file to the OP, it will be appreciated.

Reactions: Krull and Mikedazz1

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Wonder who this lovely flower is sitting on Jensen's lap? Better yet, why is she on his lap?
Things are on track for Chapter 2 release... Hopefully sooner than anticipated.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017

Wonder who this lovely flower is sitting on Jensen's lap? Better yet, why is she on his lap?
Things are on track for Chapter 2 release... Hopefully sooner than anticipated.
To the awesome @UncleVT , and @MrKnobb , thank you so much for sharing this.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that nobody is going to guess this one.

So I'm going to throw my wild speculation in....Lol!!

Ok, so this has got to be a scenario, where we as the players, find out that, in his younger days the MC had and still has a sexual relationship with his Mom.
This is a scene, where your daughter/sister has just found out that the doctors can do nothing about bringing back her eyesight...…(notice the white blind eyes)'

This is where the MC tells her...(We'll call her Hope, for story purposes)....He tells her that he can cure her blindness through fucking.
And this is the scene, where she begs him to fuck her, right there on the desk.

Anyway looking forward to the next....Hope it's soon-ish….Lol!!………………..Peace!!

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
so glad i stumbled upon this one! really good ^^

EDIT: just finished and I hate you for that ending haha

May 24, 2018
Her eyes are misty cause of his rugged good looks...

To the awesome @UncleVT , and @MrKnobb , thank you so much for sharing this.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that nobody is going to guess this one.

So I'm going to throw my wild speculation in....Lol!!

Ok, so this has got to be a scenario, where we as the players, find out that, in his younger days the MC had and still has a sexual relationship with his Mom.
This is a scene, where your daughter/sister has just found out that the doctors can do nothing about bringing back her eyesight...…(notice the white blind eyes)'

This is where the MC tells her...(We'll call her Hope, for story purposes)....He tells her that he can cure her blindness through fucking.
And this is the scene, where she begs him to fuck her, right there on the desk.

Anyway looking forward to the next....Hope it's soon-ish….Lol!!………………..Peace!!

Reactions: jaydem

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
A promising game !
Animations are just... wow !
The dick of Jensen is maybe a little too big (but i presume it's part of the story so not really a problem).
I wonder about the end of chapter 1,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not too much of a fan of some female models (Nicky for example, i don't know but i don't like her face, but ofc, that's my personal opinion, and as long as we can have the babes we saw at the nightclub, even if i would have picked Cynthia if i could :p)

Anyway, nice work till now, for a first part that's great (and seriously, again, best animations i saw in a ren'py game so far)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you for the kind words, really appreciated. Chapter 2 is getting close to release. Im just contemplating how long I want/need to make it and then once I have that I'll get my guys to test.

As for Nicky are you sure she's not pretty? You'll see what i mean in Chapter2....

upload_2018-7-5_9-14-40.png

A promising game !
Animations are just... wow !
The dick of Jensen is maybe a little too big (but i presume it's part of the story so not really a problem).
I wonder about the end of chapter 1,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not too much of a fan of some female models (Nicky for example, i don't know but i don't like her face, but ofc, that's my personal opinion, and as long as we can have the babes we saw at the nightclub, even if i would have picked Cynthia if i could :p)

Anyway, nice work till now, for a first part that's great (and seriously, again, best animations i saw in a ren'py game so far)

UYScutti23

Patreon Rebel
Donor
Feb 26, 2018
As for Nicky are you sure she's not pretty?
Ahahaha, nice try, but yes, I'm sure, it's all in the eyes in fact. I don't like her eyes so I can't find her gorgeous. However, as she also has a sexy body, i'm almost sure i'll manage without a problem, if you know what i mean :evilsmile:

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
LOL i know what you mean... Fair enough. Maybe Mei-Lin is more to your liking. But you'll have to wait and see. Report back to me here after Ch2 to let me know who, get's your rod of approval. IF you know what I mean?

Ahahaha, nice try, but yes, I'm sure, it's all in the eyes in fact. I don't like her eyes so I can't find her gorgeous. However, as she also has a sexy body, i'm almost sure i'll manage without a problem, if you know what i mean :evilsmile:

Reactions: UYScutti23
3.80 star(s) 77 Votes