King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Indeed, after that I too was like "Bye Felicia, don't wanna see you ever again!", a damn shame, because she was just about the hottest woman in the story, haha xD
Well, she made her bed, now she'll just have to lie in it, she threw away her chance, for absolutely nothing xD
arent you glad you got me hooked on saying that phrase :p ive been saying ever since i saw it in Personal Trainer :cool:

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I haven't played this after S01. Just started S02. But I have a question! Is it the same Andi from from S01 and Acting Lesson? If it is, then why did they change her? View attachment 289449
I'm pretty sure that she looked like the blue haired chick from acting lessons before and is now different, probably mrknobb wants to add her to the harem and found it better to change her and her mother. Maybe the dev from AL asked for them to be removed

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Do you have to play season 1 and is it still kinetic? Don't see it under genre so had to ask.
Honestly the story won't make much sense without Series 1 and the 'grounding' it gives you in the life of Jensen, the world he lives in, etc. Series 2 picks up right where Season 1 ends and dives straight into the action (and consequences). So yes, you really need Series 1 to get what is happening. The story itself is still linear, while the choices simply affect (for now) which scene you want to see for a specific event, and which eventual ending you may want.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Is it just me or there was a button for a character sheet on the main menu and it's not there anymore ? I even checked the 2.1 version and it's also not there anymore ?

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
Not anymore. She used to be but all crossover with AL was removed.
Umm, all crossover definitely wasn't removed. While she may not look like Rena, her backstory is exactly the same, heck, Jensen's band plays the battle of the bands scene from AL where the characters from AL can be seen multiple times, even if they are blurred out.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Not anymore. She used to be but all crossover with AL was removed.
Only sort of. Content that had been supplied by another dev for the purpose of a crossover, which he insisted be removed, and claimed as his exclusive intellectual property was removed. So there is no longer a meeting between the two main girls of that game with Nicky and Mei in the bathroom, and the character Rena had to be removed and replaced with another because we were going to need to use a niece character for Jensen again to continue our story.

However, Jessie, Jensen's sister, is still in this game, still a shrink, and still is the mother of Jensen's niece - it's simply that niece is no longer someone else's creation that they revoked permission to use. You may also find that a lady shopping for lingerie looks very familiar. I honestly can't (not won't, but can't) tell you what the problem was for the other dev, but it took considerable work to go back through previously completed chapters removing not just the niece character herself, but also every use of the family photos in the background, and replacing them with Andi (Andrea).

However, while that was a lot of stress and upset that I assure you MrKnobb didn't deserve, didn't cause, and doesn't really want to continually be reminded of, it did really have an up-side. For a start, Andrea herself is (to my mind) actually even hotter, and has a much better personality, so the 're-casting' worked out well for players and for the story both. It also made us more thankful of the other devs who act responsibly, respectfully, and helpfully, and with whom we have greatly enjoyed our crossover scenes and giving our little nods of appreciation where we can.

Umm, all crossover definitely wasn't removed. While she may not look like Rena, her backstory is exactly the same, heck, Jensen's band plays the battle of the bands scene from AL where the characters from AL can be seen multiple times, even if they are blurred out.
AFAIK the actual 'Battle of the Bands' scene and event itself was completely removed from AL, and so is no longer a crossover. The characters from the other game were never there and it never happened...

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
AFAIK the actual 'Battle of the Bands' scene and event itself was completely removed from AL, and so is no longer a crossover. The characters from the other game were never there and it never happened...
Interesting, I played the final version of AL recently (the first and only time), and the concert scene where Liam crowdsurfs is definitely still there. I'm not trying to stir up old shit, it's just (or should be) totally obvious still that this character is basically Rena, just in different packaging. FWIW I disagree with you about the model being hotter in this game, Rena (physically) is one of my favorite girls from any adult game (Melody is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is close). Personality wise (while I haven't played any of season 2 yet) I don't think I have really seen enough of Andi's personality to judge. Honestly I didn't find Rena's personality to be that bad at all once I actually played through her route. (Out of the 3, Megan was actually the low point of that game for me personally). Do we get significantly more Andi content in the first 2 episodes of season 2?

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Dangit another nailbitter episode !! I am so scared of where the story goes, hopefully Mr Knobb doesnt start burning favorite female characters, or goes to dark on them... I am especially concerned for the prisoners, the way they got dressed leads me to believe they are being taken to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On brighter notes, super curious on more advancement on the Anna and Amber plot thread that is still hanging !!

Also not sure if I am an asshole, or just a nice guy, but is it wrong that during
rather than the mom or daughter ? Not sure if I did it so neither would feel slighted, or because I was hoping to spoon with my sexy barista !

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
it's just (or should be) totally obvious still that this character is basically Rena, just in different packaging.
We changed what the other dev insisted we must, as much as we could without changing the story, but we do not believe in retconning perfectly good scenes players have already enjoyed, and may have supported the dev in creating, over personal issues. So yes, the events are as unchanged as possible, because why should players suffer over personal politics? Other devs may have different views, and are just as entitled to do so, but those are ours.

FWIW I disagree with you about the model being hotter in this game, Rena (physically) is one of my favorite girls from any adult game (Melody is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is close).
Personal tastes ... Though I agree with you about Megan entirely. For me, my 'favourite girl' is quite a list, and I probably have one for each game ... such as the lovely Luna in The DeLuca Family, Katie in The Intoxicating Flavour, and so forth.

Do we get significantly more Andi content in the first 2 episodes of season 2?
Significant is a tricky word, because a single small event can be significant. There is a scene with Andi where she actually has concern about her family and their wellbeing... However, Andi continues to be a direct relative of the MC of the game, and will certainly have more scenes (and more chance to get to know her) as the story unfolds.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Interesting, I played the final version of AL recently (the first and only time), and the concert scene where Liam crowdsurfs is definitely still there. I'm not trying to stir up old shit, it's just (or should be) totally obvious still that this character is basically Rena, just in different packaging. FWIW I disagree with you about the model being hotter in this game, Rena (physically) is one of my favorite girls from any adult game (Melody is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is close). Personality wise (while I haven't played any of season 2 yet) I don't think I have really seen enough of Andi's personality to judge. Honestly I didn't find Rena's personality to be that bad at all once I actually played through her route. (Out of the 3, Megan was actually the low point of that game for me personally). Do we get significantly more Andi content in the first 2 episodes of season 2?
It was Rena and there was a crossover scene but while Liam does crowd surf it isn't to this band.

The dev of Acting Lessons pulled support of the crossover for reasons. Both games had code in that recalled choices you'd made in them and that was completely removed.

Also not sure if I am an asshole, or just a nice guy, but is it wrong that during
rather than the mom or daughter ? Not sure if I did it so neither would feel slighted, or because I was hoping to spoon with my sexy barista !
I went back and replayed ep 1 to have a playthrough ending with no lover so I could go after her in this one.

She jumped to my number 1 spot.

firefly66

Jan 26, 2019
Downloaded the current Mac version, and got warning message that the file could not be executed. Using Mojave. And yes, I right clicked and selected open because it's an internet download being executed for the first time. Anyone else have this issue?

• Sad
Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Only sort of. Content that had been supplied by another dev for the purpose of a crossover, which he insisted be removed, and claimed as his exclusive intellectual property was removed. So there is no longer a meeting between the two main girls of that game with Nicky and Mei in the bathroom, and the character Rena had to be removed and replaced with another because we were going to need to use a niece character for Jensen again to continue our story.

However, Jessie, Jensen's sister, is still in this game, still a shrink, and still is the mother of Jensen's niece - it's simply that niece is no longer someone else's creation that they revoked permission to use. You may also find that a lady shopping for lingerie looks very familiar. I honestly can't (not won't, but can't) tell you what the problem was for the other dev, but it took considerable work to go back through previously completed chapters removing not just the niece character herself, but also every use of the family photos in the background, and replacing them with Andi (Andrea).

However, while that was a lot of stress and upset that I assure you MrKnobb didn't deserve, didn't cause, and doesn't really want to continually be reminded of, it did really have an up-side. For a start, Andrea herself is (to my mind) actually even hotter, and has a much better personality, so the 're-casting' worked out well for players and for the story both. It also made us more thankful of the other devs who act responsibly, respectfully, and helpfully, and with whom we have greatly enjoyed our crossover scenes and giving our little nods of appreciation where we can.

I dont understand why everything had to be removed though... yes I know you guys are being awesome and respecting Dr Pink's wishes to not have his creations in your game anymore, and thats fine, however that just involved swapping Rena for the slightly more upbeat (but not quite as attractive) Andi, and removing the scene of the concert where Mei and Niki meet Mel and Megan...

But was it necessary to blur out the scene of Liam doing the crowd surfing ? that character model isnt unique to DrPink, that black ugly dude with lips covered in saliva is in at least 25 games that I have played !! Liam is the best representation of that character as he is an asshole in every other game, but still he isnt a unique asset...

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes