Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
We changed what the other dev insisted we must, as much as we could without changing the story, but we do not believe in retconning perfectly good scenes players have already enjoyed, and may have supported the dev in creating, over personal issues. So yes, the events are as unchanged as possible, because why should players suffer over personal politics? Other devs may have different views, and are just as entitled to do so, but those are ours.
I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing, just observing. I actually like when games have references to other games

Personal tastes ... Though I agree with you about Megan entirely. For me, my 'favourite girl' is quite a list, and I probably have one for each game ... such as the lovely Luna in The DeLuca Family, Katie in The Intoxicating Flavour, and so forth.
I definitely have a favorite girl in most games as well. There is just something about Rena (in terms of physical appearance) that just really does it for me.

Significant is a tricky word, because a single small event can be significant. There is a scene with Andi where she actually has concern about her family and their wellbeing... However, Andi continues to be a direct relative of the MC of the game, and will certainly have more scenes (and more chance to get to know her) as the story unfolds.
I know the game doesn't have the tag yet, but based on Andi and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it seems like there may be some incest on the horizon and I am down like a clown.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
[...] slightly more upbeat (but not quite as attractive) Andi, and removing the scene of the concert where Mei and Niki meet Mel and Megan... But was it necessary to blur out the scene of Liam doing the crowd surfing ?
Actually, it was Megan and Melissa that were blurred - if you know to look at the two blurred girls by the mirror in the bathroom...

'Darrius' wasn't blurred out any more than in the original, he simply reverted to the default name of the base asset used, and thus all the 'creative originality' that had been applied to him was likewise gone.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing, just observing. I actually like when games have references to other games

I definitely have a favorite girl in most games as well. There is just something about Rena (in terms of physical appearance) that just really does it for me.

I know the game doesn't have the tag yet, but based on Andi and
it seems like there may be some incest on the horizon and I am down like a clown.
I'm not sure if I should say this and be a party pooper, but I believe its better to smash a dream before it grows to big and never comes to pass... Mr Knobb has confirmed there will be no incest in the game... not sure if the game keeps going until season 10 he might change his mind, but for the foreseeable future he has said "no"...

I asked him this in regards to Andi and "spoilers" as well... since Andi could use some sexy times in order to get close to Rena's greatness, and not with other dudes as that would be gross...And "spoilers" was about to hump Jensen during their first meeting, and when she later finds out the truth she even recalls those feelings lol, but no cigar... apparently Mr Winchester has more self control than most of us...

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Actually, it was Megan and Melissa that were blurred - if you know to look at the two blurred girls by the mirror in the bathroom...

'Darrius' wasn't blurred out any more than in the original, he simply reverted to the default name of the base asset used, and thus all the 'creative originality' that had been applied to him was likewise gone.
Right, I meant that the conversations werent there anymore, as it was always a still image, even when the scene was there, but after the falling out, it was just a small convo between Mei Lin and Nikky, rather than the cute banter between all 4 girls, I did notice they were still "sorta there" just blurred.

However Darius, looked off to me... like his "face" was purposely blurred, not his entire body, just his face which is why I was sort of upset, as I said that model isnt unique to anyone, for easy access, look at Forgotten Paradise, exact same model, look at Selena's Story, exact same model, look at Love thy Neighbors, exact same model.... the list goes on and on, it doesnt even have slight alterations, its EXACTLY the same model, my guess its one of those $4.99 Daz3d base models you can use for creating african american/black male characters...

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
[...] no cigar... apparently Mr Winchester has more self control than most of us...
Well, Mr Wenchester is, quite literally, super-human... :D

The most accurate thing I can tell you is that RTP is very much about the epic story, (and thanks @StrayWookie for saying so). A very important ingredient of that is in the characters being (despite some very extreme circumstances) quite easy to identify with and believe in. When you have a story with incredible pseudo-science for super-powers, aphrodisiac pheromones, and a globe spanning plot, it is the ability to identify with, or at least respect the 'realism' of the characters that give you an anchor-point for the suspension of disbelief.

Jensen is no more likely to literally jump into bed with his own close blood relatives than most real-world people who will enjoy the story. Now, perhaps you could have hoped he wouldn't find out that Amber was his daughter, but I'm afraid that ship sailed already. :D He's definitely not going to willingly and knowingly commit incest, as that just would not be in keeping with his character.

That said, you'll want to pay very close attention to the next update and a shock revelation in episode 3... :D

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
Well, Mr Wenchester is, quite literally, super-human... :D

The most accurate thing I can tell you is that RTP is very much about the epic story, (and thanks @StrayWookie for saying so). A very important ingredient of that is in the characters being (despite some very extreme circumstances) quite easy to identify with and believe in. When you have a story with incredible pseudo-science for super-powers, aphrodisiac pheromones, and a globe spanning plot, it is the ability to identify with, or at least respect the 'realism' of the characters that give you an anchor-point for the suspension of disbelief.

Jensen is no more likely to literally jump into bed with his own close blood relatives than most real-world people who will enjoy the story. Now, perhaps you could have hoped he wouldn't find out that Amber was his daughter, but I'm afraid that ship sailed already. :D He's definitely not going to willingly and knowingly commit incest, as that just would not be in keeping with his character.

That said, you'll want to pay very close attention to the next update and a shock revelation in episode 3... :D
That being said, in your professional opinion, would a
scene be too unrealistic as well? I am guessing so, but it's all I can hope for at this point lol.

Edit: I mean, seems like the perfect way to

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i wonder how Ann and Amber will take it when they find out if the player is dating both Vicky n Nicky
and wonder how Nicky and Vicky will take it once they learned Jensen has a daughter or that the fact Ann is "TRYING" to make things right a bumpy road ahead for sure

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Hey, is there still no plans to have Mei Lin as a romance option?

This was one of my fav adult games until I found out about no Mei Lin. Solid story plus having Captain America as the protag was win, win. ;)

Aside from no Mei Lin romance, my only real issue with the game is that I'm not interested in the whole mother/daughter thing. Kinda lost interest in those types of characters after seeing "billions" of incest games on this site. That goes for the baby momma too.

Any new romance options in season 2 besides those three?

edit - changed ep to season and added "aside from Mei Lin romance".

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Trust me, i absolutely loved Rena in AL... I had to remove all references to Rena. Andrea (aka Andi) only shares a similar background to Rena that is all. AL and RTP crossover was fantastic but unfortunately it ended.

Mrs Pearson and Jessie are in most parts very similar to the characters in Al, but once again now they must be seen as separate entities from AL.

I ask that everyone please see RTP and AL as separate games. The only real small cross over currently is with Our Fate but that is mostly from RTP side not OF. I have references to Intoxicating Flavor, The Way & Personal Trainer currently as its a nice initiative i feel and is nto detramental to each others games. I am sure there will be future reference but only references and nothing more.

Thx again fro playing RTP....

Interesting, I played the final version of AL recently (the first and only time), and the concert scene where Liam crowdsurfs is definitely still there. I'm not trying to stir up old shit, it's just (or should be) totally obvious still that this character is basically Rena, just in different packaging. FWIW I disagree with you about the model being hotter in this game, Rena (physically) is one of my favorite girls from any adult game (Melody is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is close). Personality wise (while I haven't played any of season 2 yet) I don't think I have really seen enough of Andi's personality to judge. Honestly I didn't find Rena's personality to be that bad at all once I actually played through her route. (Out of the 3, Megan was actually the low point of that game for me personally). Do we get significantly more Andi content in the first 2 episodes of season 2?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I can't tell you yes or no... just keep playing, trust us....

Hey, is there still no plans to have Mei Lin as a romance option?

This was one of my fav adult games until I found out about no Mei Lin. Solid story plus having Captain America as the protag was win, win. ;)

Aside from no Mei Lin romance, my only real issue with the game is that I'm not interested in the whole mother/daughter thing. Kinda lost interest in those types of characters after seeing "billions" of incest games on this site. That goes for the baby momma too.

Any new romance options in season 2 besides those three?

edit - changed ep to season and added "aside from Mei Lin romance".
Nothing as yet, but it will get hot in here soon enough... Depending on the choice path you play of course...

Can someone tell me the amount of sexual scenes in ep2? Ep1 was just continuation of the story and wasnt too hot on erotic scenes. (just number and type of scenes, no spoilers pls)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
MMmm i do not have a MAC tester at all or a MAC to test it on. So .... Did you not maybe download when the game link was still uploaded ?

Pls try this one and let me know.

Downloaded the current Mac version, and got warning message that the file could not be executed. Using Mojave. And yes, I right clicked and selected open because it's an internet download being executed for the first time. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
3.80 star(s) 77 Votes