NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
And yet visual novels tend to be story based, the clue is in the novel part and this is a story based game.
what is a table? that has 4 legs & flat surface? , so if a flat rock that has 4 legs = table. lolololol

visual novels vs. story based novels are not the same.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Ive read up a bit on VN and its meaning. The whole genre like some music descriptions are very broad based and confusing.

I'd like to rather say story based as you point out or Virtual Novel... BUT Visual Novel do describe a linear novel such as this also as I understand it.
Pity it's not for your liking, but thx for reading it a bit anyway....

what is a table? that has 4 legs & flat surface? , so if a flat rock that has 4 legs = table. lolololol

visual novels vs. story based novels are not the same.

Reactions: Mytez

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
generally speaking..since the beginning i've been a Vicky man...but saw a comment about having to choose at the beginning of chapter 2 and whats the difference...SO..i did a Nicky playthrough also...i think..for now(until future content arrives) the difference is the aesthetic..if you choose Vicky..its the smouldering romantic "older lovers" type of reuniting....if you choose Nicky..its more a "young love" wild jump all over him style of reuniting..so i guess its just..what do you prefer personally..romantic redheadhead milf?..or hyper dark haired young hottie?..lol

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
generally speaking..since the beginning i've been a Vicky man...but saw a comment about having to choose at the beginning of chapter 2 and whats the difference...SO..i did a Nicky playthrough also...i think..for now(until future content arrives) the difference is the aesthetic..if you choose Vicky..its the smouldering romantic "older lovers" type of reuniting....if you choose Nicky..its more a "young love" wild jump all over him style of reuniting..so i guess its just..what do you prefer personally..romantic redheadhead milf?..or hyper dark haired young hottie?..lol
I feel like Rogue and MrKnobb dont want to count Nikky out yet, and thats why they did the choice thing, even in S2 Ep2 ! I mean it had already asked me in ep1 of S2, and I had picked Vicky already (as it was true for all of season 1, I had like one single time I picked Nikky over her, everything else went to Vicky)... So I was confused why ep2 of S2 was asking me who I picked again... I was like "Your not gonna convince me to change my mind game, if those two are the main love interest my choice is set in stone !!"

I feel like maybe they had a poll to see which leading lady most preffered and Vicky steam-rolled her daughter, so since they didnt want to write her out, they kept trying to make her more appealing, in order to sway some slightly indecisive players. Which is a good thing, I mean Palmer went the complete opposite way, Heidi bitch-slapped Veronica in a poll 90-10, and he just wrote her out of the story making her a minor character instead of sharing half the scenes with Heidi based on choice...

Also despite my hate of NTR (not that I see it as that, but soem might), I actually kinda like the James x Nicky pairing, if she doesnt end up with Jensen, I wouldnt mind seeing those young-uns becoming a thing... Vicky on the other hand has no one, she is so unapproachable, that she will die a miserable cat lady if Mr. Winchester doesnt tame her fiery red-head'd ass.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
I feel like Rogue and MrKnobb dont want to count Nikky out yet, and thats why they did the choice thing, even in S2 Ep2 ! I mean it had already asked me in ep1 of S2, and I had picked Vicky already (as it was true for all of season 1, I had like one single time I picked Nikky over her, everything else went to Vicky)... So I was confused why ep2 of S2 was asking me who I picked again... I was like "Your not gonna convince me to change my mind game, if those two are the main love interest my choice is set in stone !!"

I feel like maybe they had a poll to see which leading lady most preffered and Vicky steam-rolled her daughter, so since they didnt want to write her out, they kept trying to make her more appealing, in order to sway some slightly indecisive players. Which is a good thing, I mean Palmer went the complete opposite way, Heidi bitch-slapped Veronica in a poll 90-10, and he just wrote her out of the story making her a minor character instead of sharing half the scenes with Heidi based on choice...

Also despite my hate of NTR (not that I see it as that, but soem might), I actually kinda like the James x Nicky pairing, if she doesnt end up with Jensen, I wouldnt mind seeing those young-uns becoming a thing... Vicky on the other hand has no one, she is so unapproachable, that she will die a miserable cat lady if Mr. Winchester doesnt tame her fiery red-head'd ass.
Nicky is hotter since the makeover appearance-wise than vickey....but i prefer the dialogue with Vicky which keeps her on top for me.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Nicky is hotter since the makeover appearance-wise than vickey....but i prefer the dialogue with Vicky which keeps her on top for me.
I agree that Nicky with the make-up is far more attractive than she used to be, but I still dont think she is hotter than Vicky... Prettier (face) ? maybe... Hotter (body) ? No way in hell !!

Then again despite the BS she pulled Anna is hotter than both, I just really hate her though... and after the spoiler reveal of what she did to break up with Jensen she can burn in hell with no hopes of redemption... She basically did that same shit that Anna from Acting Lesson did, lets hope Mrknobb doesnt push us to forgive her, and how she was right all along like DrPink did...

If I have to rank my current top girls (based on looks and personality, not affinity as a potential romance though) from this game I'd go...

1. Tania
2. Evaline
3. Vicky
4. Mei Lin
5. Akami (thats my Mei Lin's sister right ?)
6. Amber
7. Cynthia
8. Francine (is that the silver hair lover of Cynthia, or her friend ? I am hoping its the lover)
9. Penny
10. Frankie (this time going for Cynthia's friend that got ****ed, hopefully I got the names right)

Girls that didnt make it cause they did something stupid and I hate them for it despite how hot they are...

Anna - she's knows what she did... and fuck her for doing it...
Angelique - I dont care if it was your job, you made Adam look good by nerfing Jensen you dumb bitch...

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
@Rythan25 to be honest..the overall hottest dame in the game is also 100% untouchable..MC's sister..she is a stunner..but of the boinkables..Nicky is the best looking..Vicky is the best overall though..Mei Lin has squishy face in some scenes that threw me off my Asian bandwagon and into a muddy puddle of "errr..ummm" Evaline's hair is too severe for me in some scenes...feel she is gonna pull out a ruler and whack my hands...otherwise she's nice..lol

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Interesting take on it, Rob.

Personally, I think a conversation between Eve and Nicky actually got at the crux of it, especially given the central themes of the story.

In that cabin there is one woman with dark and deep regrets in her past (much like Jensen), another one with no regrets at all for whom the future is a blank slate to write without bias, and one who's regrets are in the present, and something she is tackling head on...

Reactions: Canto Forte

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
@ThunderRob well you did say you were older, so I guess it makes sense thats your top pick... to me she is easily a strong contender for the least attractive girl in the game... Not that I would kick someone that looks like her out of bed, or anything, but among the goddesses... mortals have no room to shine...

I would put her in the same barrel/tier as Dean Whats-her-name, and Dr Maria (again hopefully I got the name right, Penny's boss)...

I mean what I am hearing from you would be the equivalent of you telling me that you played "Water World", and of all the girls you find either Emma (Oldest Teacher) or Catherine (Dean) as the most attractive on the boat !!

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

No polls needed, and no changes to the story based on player feedback - this is most definitely one of those cases where a dev started with a specific story in mind to tell. Nicky and Vicky each have their own strengths, their own appeal, and indeed their own quite vocal fans.

It's not just the obvious and shallow ones either such as whether someone just prefers MILFs or Teens, Slender or Voluptuous, Goth or Glamour, etc. The two ladies not only have very different personalities, but also different outlooks and philosophies.

It's great that you are a Vicky fan and so clear-minded on that choice that to your perspective and perception Vicky is 'steam-rollering'. But I can tell you I hear the same in reverse from Nicky fans, and more recently, more than a few who think Eve is clearly superior to both...

What is funny, (and also tells us we are doing a good job), is that we get accused of bias towards or against all three fairly equally. I think that is the surest sign that we are being completely unbiased, and letting the players project their own biases there (even if they then accuse or blame us for them) :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
@ThunderRob well you did say you were older, so I guess it makes sense thats your top pick... to me she is easily a strong contender for the least attractive girl in the game... Not that I would kick someone that looks like her out of bed, or anything, but among the goddesses... mortals have no room to shine...

I would put her in the same barrel/tier as Dean Whats-her-name, and Dr Maria (again hopefully I got the name right, Penny's boss)...

I mean what I am hearing from you would be the equivalent of you telling me that you played "Water World", and of all the girls you find either Emma (Oldest Teacher) or Catherine (Dean) as the most attractive on the boat !!
tried it..found it CRAP!!..lol..but if we'll go to the "because Rob's older he prefer's a milf"..route..then the milf from a mother's love is top pick..bar none..i do like alot of younger dames..recently posted my new dream dame in the black haired in games thread..but here if we exclude MC's sis..then visually its Nicky...the youngest..so..go figure..LOL

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
8. Francine (is that the silver hair lover of Cynthia, or her friend ? I am hoping its the lover)
9. Penny
10. Frankie (this time going for Cynthia's friend that got ****ed, hopefully I got the names right)
You just got those two mixed up - Francine is the young lover of Cynthia who ended up in hospital after what happened when she was captured. Frankie aka Frederika is the 'silver haired fox' that is having an illicit affair with Cynthia, the daughter of her BFF, Jane Brewster. It's like a soap opera isn't it? Especially when people start wondering if this character or that may be the 'long lost kin' of some other character. :D

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
You just got those two mixed up - Francine is the young lover of Cynthia who ended up in hospital after what happened when she was captured. Frankie aka Frederika is the 'silver haired fox' that is having an illicit affair with Cynthia, the daughter of her BFF, Jane Brewster. It's like a soap opera isn't it? Especially when people start wondering if this character or that may be the 'long lost kin' of some other character. :D
I would be happy if some of them did, and then fell into depression after they found out... I mean Jensen barely dodged that bullet with Amber, he was staring at her ass and thinking how tight she would feel, while she was thinking how awesome he would be to ride... Kudos to the art designer, when they found out they were dad/daughter, their faces were priceless... 2nd most priceless faces I ever seen in VN !

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
ya know..i forgot all about long kinky haired freckle cutie secretary(?) she's actually my #1..i forget names..HAHAAA...ya..her i'd spend years with.
There ya go, see? You both have Tania (that's her name) as your #1 choice. @MrKnobb is also a Tania fan, so you have a fairly high chance of seeing more of her somehow, even if only in 'special renders'. :)

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I have got to say this game has some serious feels to it, being ex-Army i gotta say Adam's people got me heated every time. Awesome writing and story so far, relateable characters and situations, hoping for some more branching on love interests in the future or baring that some more hot scenes with the lovely ladies of the game. Would like some more interaction in the H scenes but if not its no biggie. Keep up the good work MrKnobb and RogueKnightUK!

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes