ben akeba

May 9, 2018
soul skill to take object after dying send me to an error screen, event that require a stat check don't seem to work all the investigation event took me 4 or more try with 95% of success, those wolves are some mad shit with their dodging and critica ability, happily they have shitty stat ^^, too little equipement, i have to split it to equip the two of them

i stil like this game and it's nice to get some news and new content so i'm more please about this than i get any other feeling ^^

bigboxbarry

Feb 3, 2018
so what am i meant to do at the chicken part. because i just got killed and lost 2 hours of grinding up my statsand god affinity. ngl that pissed me off. i couldnt avoid the fight even though i backed away. might wanna change that dev just saying

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
so what am i meant to do at the chicken part.
Die, you're meant to die, reincarnate, and with each death and reincarnation you'll get titles that make your stats grow faster, until they grow at a fast enough rate that you can win that fight.

kappy97

Nov 11, 2018
anyone could check to see what my problem is, posted the problem i had here but havent gotten help :(

bigboxbarry

Feb 3, 2018
I mean... the game is called "Rewind." :)
obviously. i just assumed you would have a choice to rewind and not be forced to after 2 hours of grinding. if your good with that then great but i think you should have a choice and not be forced.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
obviously. i just assumed you would have a choice to rewind and not be forced to after 2 hours of grinding. if your good with that then great but i think you should have a choice and not be forced.
Sure. And I do recognize that the game is a bit grindy — but I think the dev is sort of playing with that, and I've enjoyed it so far. I will say: it definitely isn't a SEE GIRL => FUCK GIRL game. It's very plot oriented, and I've gotten intrigued about where it's going. But I can see that it is not for all tastes.

Reactions: Sole

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
I've searched the guardhouse three times now at 90%, 91.25% and 95% chance and still did not find anything, this is slightly implausible. Am I missing something?
The displayed percentages you see for searches are misleading, because, well... they're wrong. For the guardhouse, the displayed value is "((guard_clue_count * 5) + player.agi + 50) / 0.8", with a cap at 95%. So, if you have an agility of 30 (minus the number-of-times-you've-found-the-golem-times-five (hereafter NtTYFtGT5) ), it will display 95%.

HOWEVER, the actual calculation is "( (search + (player.agi / 3)) + (guard_clue_count * 5)) >= 50". So, you need to get a third of your agility, plus NtTYFtGT5, plus your Search, to exceed 50.

Unfortunately, Search is a value determined only at the beginning of the day when you wake up, and it's a random number between 0 and 80. If you get unlucky in a day and have a Search of 10, you'll need 120 agility (minus NtTYFtGT5) to find the sneaky bugger. It also means that no amount of reloading the save before searching will change the outcome, because your success/failure in basically all searches is determined each day at dawn. You'd need to reload to the beginning of the day.

Reactions: spam753

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
And @Sprinting Cucumber, a few bug reports/game feedback (with fun titles, because sure):
  • Searching for accurate percentages: If you want the displayed and actual chances to match, change the calculations for strength_search/endurance_search/agility_search to be "search + player.RELEVANTSTAT", and make the final calculations be ">= 40" instead of 50. (As you're doing the / 0.8 in the display calculation.)
  • I want to be an ascetic: It won't let you reincarnate until you choose something. (Maybe the player doesn't want to take things back yet.)(Really though, it's only the next one that makes this an issue.)
  • Nothing but the shirt on your back: You cannot put an object in the soul box that isn't equipped (the game throws an exception), because the unequip(self) method assumes the item is already equipped. There should probably be a check for "if self.equipped_to != None:" in the unequip method for Equippable items, then it won't throw an error when an unequipped item is placed in the Soul Box.
  • It's not two swords, it's one sword twice: If you have more than one copy of an item (probably because you brought one back with the Soul Box), let's say the Sword, you can't equip one to you and one to Lani because all the items are global objects. One way to fix this would be to add "from copy import deepcopy" to your pythom imports, then use "inventory.append([deepcopy(ITEM),1])" when you want to give the player a non-stackable item. That will let them be equipped independently. (There are probably better copy methods in python, I just don't really know them. This is the fix I did on my own end, and it worked.)(Also, this could let the player buy multiple copies of items like leather armor from the stores.)
  • I swear I've seen this wolf before: The same fix should probably be made for monsters added in the battle screen. Not only would that allow you to fight, say, 2 Shoo Wolves at once, it also fixes the bug where Wolf variant #2 never shows up in battle.
  • Take one down, patch it around: The above will likely introduce at least a few bugs, but one I found is that unequip_weapon(self) in 01battle_library.rpy needs some version of a call to "Equipable.unequip(self.weapon)" inserted as the second-to-last line, before removing the old weapon from the target. Otherwise, the weapon itself will think it's still equipped. (This doesn't even show up unless you soul box a sword so both you and Lani could have one, but it's worth fixing anyhow.)
  • Why is the finish line moving?: All the level-up functions should have "if self.exp < self.next_level" instead of "if self.exp <= self.next_level", because the current implementation counts having 100/100 xp as not enough.
  • Heavy hangs the neck that wears the amulet: The level-up scripts for party members (and the classes as well) don't include the effects of your equipment when they calculate the new values, even though the equipment effects are part of the old values. This is why people's stats have been going down when they level. One solution is to add to stats when levelling, instead of recalculating the stats entirely. (So, instead of "self.defense = int(math.ceil(self.end + self.lvl * 5))", it could be "self.defense += 5") Alternately, you could maintain some kind of registry of bonuses_from_items[ [stat, value] ] array, then add the relevant item bonuses in again when recalculating stats.
Fun game overall, definitely shows promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole and spam753

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
Levelling up Ragus at the temple i got this error

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know how to reproduce that error, I was thinking it might happen if you got Flexible from Ragus instead of from dying with 30 agi, but I did not get the error when I got rank 2 Ragus. Can you include any of your stats/temple progress/titles when you got the error?

Separately though, I did discover that if you reach L2 with one of the deities before getting Rank 1 of a title by dying with >=30 in a stat, the title doesn't increase when you die. So for anyone starting a new character, make sure you have the relevant 30 stat title before getting any other titles through the Temple.

-Yaros-

Jul 10, 2018
Probably is a bug due an old savegame, i picked up the game again after months. I got the title Flexible normally dying with stat 30 agi

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Fighting with Lani to add her to my party, when I select "attack" and "Lani," I get an error — and when I try to Ignore, both she and I dodge. At which point, the whole battle is never-ending.

Here's the error I get:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also... I finally beat the #@$)@# chicken! (Okay, the cock-a-trice. Fine.) But... what now? Am I done rewinding?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
And @Sprinting Cucumber, a few bug reports/game feedback (with fun titles, because sure):
  • Searching for accurate percentages: If you want the displayed and actual chances to match, change the calculations for strength_search/endurance_search/agility_search to be "search + player.RELEVANTSTAT", and make the final calculations be ">= 40" instead of 50. (As you're doing the / 0.8 in the display calculation.)
  • I want to be an ascetic: It won't let you reincarnate until you choose something. (Maybe the player doesn't want to take things back yet.)(Really though, it's only the next one that makes this an issue.)
  • Nothing but the shirt on your back: You cannot put an object in the soul box that isn't equipped (the game throws an exception), because the unequip(self) method assumes the item is already equipped. There should probably be a check for "if self.equipped_to != None:" in the unequip method for Equippable items, then it won't throw an error when an unequipped item is placed in the Soul Box.
  • It's not two swords, it's one sword twice: If you have more than one copy of an item (probably because you brought one back with the Soul Box), let's say the Sword, you can't equip one to you and one to Lani because all the items are global objects. One way to fix this would be to add "from copy import deepcopy" to your pythom imports, then use "inventory.append([deepcopy(ITEM),1])" when you want to give the player a non-stackable item. That will let them be equipped independently. (There are probably better copy methods in python, I just don't really know them. This is the fix I did on my own end, and it worked.)(Also, this could let the player buy multiple copies of items like leather armor from the stores.)
  • I swear I've seen this wolf before: The same fix should probably be made for monsters added in the battle screen. Not only would that allow you to fight, say, 2 Shoo Wolves at once, it also fixes the bug where Wolf variant #2 never shows up in battle.
  • Take one down, patch it around: The above will likely introduce at least a few bugs, but one I found is that unequip_weapon(self) in 01battle_library.rpy needs some version of a call to "Equipable.unequip(self.weapon)" inserted as the second-to-last line, before removing the old weapon from the target. Otherwise, the weapon itself will think it's still equipped. (This doesn't even show up unless you soul box a sword so both you and Lani could have one, but it's worth fixing anyhow.)
  • Why is the finish line moving?: All the level-up functions should have "if self.exp < self.next_level" instead of "if self.exp <= self.next_level", because the current implementation counts having 100/100 xp as not enough.
  • Heavy hangs the neck that wears the amulet: The level-up scripts for party members (and the classes as well) don't include the effects of your equipment when they calculate the new values, even though the equipment effects are part of the old values. This is why people's stats have been going down when they level. One solution is to add to stats when levelling, instead of recalculating the stats entirely. (So, instead of "self.defense = int(math.ceil(self.end + self.lvl * 5))", it could be "self.defense += 5") Alternately, you could maintain some kind of registry of bonuses_from_items[ [stat, value] ] array, then add the relevant item bonuses in again when recalculating stats.
Fun game overall, definitely shows promise.
FYI, on here, the developer to notify is nillamello.

Reactions: LokiSalmon
3.30 star(s) 21 Votes