aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Since we're just saying our wishes, I'd like that blonde chick from Anatomy Park to show up too.

View attachment 2203952
I’m definitely in the “Less side girl, more main girl” camp, but she does seem to be the biggest omission.
She is technically in the background at La Biblioteca, but obviously that’s not the same as being a participant in any way.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Status: RELEASED
Release Date: Tuesday Dec 6th @03:40

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Progress Report #11 - DEC 6 @ 03:40 UTC
Progress Report #10 - DEC 6 @ 03:15 UTC
Progress Report #9 - DEC 6 @ 01:30 UTC
Progress Report #8 - DEC 5 @ 06:50 UTC
Progress Report #7 - DEC 4 @ 05:10 UTC
Progress Report #6 - DEC 2 @ 22:45 UTC
Progress Report #5 - DEC 2 @ 19:20 UTC
Progress Report #4 - DEC 2 @ 09:30 UTC
Progress Report #3 - DEC 2 @ 07:50 UTC
Progress Report #2 - DEC 2 @ 00:45 UTC

Update 1 - Dec 1 @ 22:30 UTC:
Good news first: the new version has arrived, I've downloaded it (thanks Easy Pete over in the Unity thread) and started work (see task list for where I'm at as of this posting)!

Not as great news, it looks like this is only a single scene between Tricia/Morticia and it isn't very long, just 654 lines.

I don't think this should take me all that long to do, but I'm hesitant to give out a date until I'm a bit further in, but as you all know, I'll keep you posted as I hit major milestones.

Thank you everyone for staying awesome through this long wait for content!

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #2 - DEC 2 @ 00:45 UTC (Task List)
As this is only a single scene, a lot of the steps are going to be much faster this time around. Case in point, I just finished the slicing process (taking the images down from 168MB to 31MB before compression). Minimal redraws needed (I've been making my tools better in the interim and only a few wacky slice issues this time, mostly a clean first pass). While I could shave it a bit more (at least a few extra MBs) I think it's good enough as is.

Next step here is programming the scene, putting all the art and stuff in. Right now it's sitting on Day 39 (as a new day) but it seems like earlier in game might be better for this one, I'll know once I go through and get an idea of the content. I haven't actually played it yet as I've been busy pulling all the parts out and getting them ready (and writing posts about what I'm doing). My first time seeing it usually while I'm working on it.

Anyhow, I expect the next progress report post to be in 4~5hrs once I've finished scene implementation.

Thanks for being awesome everyone!

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #3 - DEC 2 @ 07:50 UTC (Task List)
Alright, scene fully implemented! Woohoo! Again, I expected it to be fairly quick (holy shit, I've been working on this scene for 7 hours! Okay, maybe a bit longer than I thought). Still not too bad. I have a few more things to stick in (that's what she said) then I'll give it a once over and send it off for editing.

Again, not ready to give a hard date yet, as a large part of the project time needed will be out of my hands. But I don't expect this process to take more than a week at the most, and very likely much less time than that.

Tomorrow I'll start on drawing blinks for the scene (fucking blinks) while I wait on editing notes.

Thanks for staying awesome everyone! Update isn't that far away!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #4 - DEC 2 @ 09:30 UTC (Task List)
Last update before I head to bed. Finished my first (very tired and not as accurate as I would like) QC pass of the scene, mostly to make sure it didn't have errors and it played. It for sure has somethings that need a bit more dialogue work, but that is a tomorrow (well later today) me issue.

Have sent the beta patch out to editors for first round review.

Will be back at in whatever time I wake up. Tomorrow will most likely be full of drawing blinks, so... yay... can't wait for that...

Anyhow, stay awesome!

pr83

May 5, 2017
That is an impressively in depth FAQ under the developer notes. Good job, guy. Also bravo for investing your time and effort for your own convenience and then sharing it for others, more game threads should start with OPs as helpful and verbose as this. Will definitely try this out at some point.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
WTH?????
Why would anyone leak this??

Not cool :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

EDIT: All of the links are like 4-8 hours of slow downloads. Just wait for NM to post it here.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
WTH?????

Not cool :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

EDIT: All of the links are like 4-8 hours of slow downloads. Just wait for NM to post it here.
Uh, considering the fact that absolutely no editorial work or placement of the new scene into the story has taken place yet (not to mention lack of blinks among other things). I’m under the assumption that this is merely a name change, or the ferdafs version mislabeled, and not an actual leak.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Uh, considering the fact that absolutely no editorial work or placement of the new scene into the story has taken place yet (not to mention lack of blinks among other things). I’m under the assumption that this is merely a name change, or the ferdafs version mislabeled, and not an actual leak.
I certainly hope so. Anyone lacking even the basic patience to do so needs to get what they deserve.

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
WTH?????

I've done some investigative journalism.

The illeged leak that Devilry reported has a download size of 1.49 GB, which is much bigger compared to Night Mirror's version for 3.6J, which has a 915 MB download size.

If the uncompressed images patch is applied to Night Mirror's version however, the uncompressed images patch download size is 1.56 GB, which is a bigger file size than either of the previous downloads... So if we do a rough estimation (the files are compressed, and so should have a different size when decompressed), then NM Base Game (915 MB) + Uncompressed Patch (1.56 GB) should have a download size of around 2.5 GB

Rundown of download sizes:

Another Way Home 3.6J (915 MB)
Another Way Home 3.6J HD Patched (2.5 GB)
Reportedly leaked Another Way Home 3.7c (1.49 GB)

So considering the vast size difference from each version, and that there is very little new in Ferdafs's new update to warrant such a big size difference... and...

Screenshot 2022-12-1 1.png
The link Devilry provided has the download named "A Way Back Home", and not the name of Night Mirror's mod: "Another Way home"...

And that it's the same size as Ferdaf's 3.7c download, both being 1.49 GB....

It's just Ferdafs's version mislabeled, I suppose...

No leak.
: p

You got me worried Night Mirror got hacked or some shit, phew.
>XP

Amma go chat with him in the secret now boiboi

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes