Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #4 - DEC 2 @ 19:20 UTC (Task List)
Okay, I'm back at it. I haven't started on drawing blinks yet (putting them off as long as I can) but I've done all the little things I wanted so... I guess I have to move on to them...

After some back and forth and thinking about it, the new event is (once more) going into a past day rather than a new one. You can read the spoilers below as to why this is the case or skip if you want to be surprised (minor scene spoilers) or don't care.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow... guess I'll start on fucking blinks... so much Tricia in this one and her blinks take forever... *sigh*

As always, stay awesome!

MangoCoco

Sep 28, 2020
r3.7 Progress Report #4 - DEC 2 @ 19:20 UTC (Task List)
Okay, I'm back at it. I haven't started on drawing blinks yet (putting them off as long as I can) but I've done all the little things I wanted so... I guess I have to move on to them...

After some back and forth and thinking about it, the new event is (once more) going into a past day rather than a new one. You can read the spoilers below as to why this is the case or skip if you want to be surprised (minor scene spoilers) or don't care.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyhow... guess I'll start on fucking blinks... so much Tricia in this one and her blinks take forever... *sigh*

As always, stay awesome!
didn't know new events could be send back depending on their narrative, though all of them went into the next day as it is

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
didn't know new events could be send back depending on their narrative, though all of them went into the next day as it is
While I prefer not to re-write existing scenes (when possible (small changes can be okay)), the Unity game was not designed with linearity in mind, as such some scenes work better in past days. For example, in the previous update, I put the new scenes into day 32 (currently the last day is 38), because story wise they made more sense at that point in the game.

There is no technical reason I can't put a scene anywhere I need to, although it does require code adjustments to ensure it will work and the scenes around it will still function correctly. But I did build the game with this in mind, knowing I would have to put new scenes in past days.

Again, the Unity game is mostly a collection of sex scenes with little narrative between them. While I can't fully fix that (without making something completely different), I have tried to alleviate the issue by adding connecting story. So I am very mindful of where content should go, and where character story is at, so I can (try) to make it feel like a natural story progression (again, as best I can with what I have).

Just dumping everything into a new day would create a hot mess of nonsense, and we would most likely end up with a lot of days that have only a single scene (working against the purpose of the day system, which is organization of content).

Edit:
Also, we are literally working on a scene together that is going into a past day...

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
While I prefer not to re-write existing scenes (when possible (small changes can be okay)), the Unity game was not designed with linearity in mind, as such some scenes work better in past days. For example, in the previous update, I put the new scenes into day 32 (currently the last day is 38), because story wise they made more sense at that point in the game.

There is no technical reason I can't put a scene anywhere I need to, although it does require code adjustments to ensure it will work and the scenes around it will still function correctly. But I did build the game with this in mind, knowing I would have to put new scenes in past days.

Again, the Unity game is mostly a collection of sex scenes with little narrative between them. While I can't fully fix that (without making something completely different), I have tried to alleviate the issue by adding connecting story. So I am very mindful of where content should go, and where character story is at, so I can (try) to make it feel like a natural story progression (again, as best I can with what I have).

Just dumping everything into a new day would create a hot mess of nonsense, and we would most likely end up with a lot of days that have only a single scene (working against the purpose of the day system, which is organization of content).

Edit:
Also, we are literally working on a scene together that is going into a past day...
NM, take your time with it because you always deliver the good stuff. (y)

MangoCoco

Sep 28, 2020

Understandable

Woops, brain small sorry.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #6 - DEC 2 @ 22:45 UTC (Task List)
All done with blinks YAY! Well, not "all done" I still have a lot of days in the game without blinks... but those are a problem for future me. maybe I'll finish them by the time r3.8 rolls around? Or... r38...? Anyhow... the new scene has blinks, and that is all that matters!

My editor is in the process of reviewing the new content, so my next step is now hurry up and wait. I expect this process to take a couple days as we tend to go back and forth with changes and corrections and polishing and such. So maybe Monday release(?) seems likely, as always I'll keep you updated on the happening as I have miles stones to share.

Thanks for being awesome everyone!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
What are all the petnames that give special dialogue?
At the moment, the options are fairly limited, but with the next update there will be a number key words that trigger unique response when initially setting them (after that, the names don't have any special checks).

As that is spoiler content (since it's not yet released), I'm not going to say much more about it other than aaronminus did a great job with them.

MythicalGirls

Mar 10, 2020
On the android apk I am not able to edit the text of characters ages or names in the do over menu. The click the text field before typing menu appears but when I attempt to type after clicking the text field the keyboard pops up for half a second and then goes away leaving you unable to enter anything.

When playing the story from the start it is fine as i can type no problem as the prompts come up and they keyboard stays. Only in the do over menu I can't type. I tried changing my keyboard and also making my keyboard always appear on top but to no avail.

Regardless it's a small bug that only affects me when I download a new update. I'm curious if others have this issue on android. And thanks for all you've done!

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
This perplexes me more than anything:

Someone who doesn't read the thread asks a question...

...why, what's the point - if you don't read the thread, no answer can be had :unsure:

Someone explain please, my head hurts, been sober for too long...

• Haha
Reactions: prophetofconfusion

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
This perplexes me more than anything:

Someone who doesn't read the thread asks a question...

...why, what's the point - if you don't read the thread, no answer can be had :unsure:

Someone explain please, my head hurts, been sober for too long...
What ? I want to help but , no offence but I don't understand what you were trying to say/explain .

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
On the android apk I am not able to edit the text of characters ages or names in the do over menu. The click the text field before typing menu appears but when I attempt to type after clicking the text field the keyboard pops up for half a second and then goes away leaving you unable to enter anything.

When playing the story from the start it is fine as i can type no problem as the prompts come up and they keyboard stays. Only in the do over menu I can't type. I tried changing my keyboard and also making my keyboard always appear on top but to no avail.

Regardless it's a small bug that only affects me when I download a new update. I'm curious if others have this issue on android. And thanks for all you've done!
I am aware of the bug but unfortunately I haven't found a solution for it. It's a slow process to troubleshoot since I have to make an apk and install it on my phone to test the solution, so far I haven't been able to solve it.

Refering to post 3716, we get these all the time...
Yeah I just ignore them at this point. There is no benefit to answering, as someone else will just ask, and no reason to get mad, because again, someone else will just ask again. I've given every reasonable chance for people to see the info, if they can't take even the slightest effort, I can't be bothered.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7 Progress Report #7 - DEC 4 @ 05:10 UTC (Task List)
I have implemented the first major round of changes/corrections from aaronminus, who as always has done a great job enhancing/fixing the scene. I have a few additional poses/art states I need to create to go with the new dialogue, which will most likely take me a couple of hours (or the rest of the night, who knows).

Still to do are a few additional reviews of the scene, to make sure I didn't add in more mistakes. And some additional testing from me on the game to make sure I didn't break other parts of it. Then we move into the final steps, which usually take around a day or so to complete.

In short, a Monday/Tuesday release is still looking very likely. So much so that I'm going to update the Release target to Tuesday.

We are almost there, thank you everyone for sticking it out! I know this update took a while to get to us, and we are working as fast/best as we can to turn it around.

Stay awesome!

airming

Apr 10, 2021
Just gonna say it. I played Ferdafs new update (3.7c) and it really doesn't have much. Some les scene between Morticia and Tricia. Continuity-wise this new scene fits in well since we've never seen Morticia and Tricia together.

Nightmirror, keep doing you. Everyone else, don't expect much. March/April of next year I'm hoping there'll be some good scenes.

Reactions: hghgffg6ggj

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018

Alright, after much banging my head into the wall, I think I found a solution for this. A good sign that it will work is that I was able to both see the original issue, and the fix on my android device (Android 12). Past android issues I haven't been able to reproduce makes troubleshooting them... well, impossible honestly.

I can't promise it will work everywhere. Android has been notorious for working in one version and not another (and in some cases, specific builds of a version), but hopefully this will solve the problem for the majority of players.

Wacko_Zappo

Jul 9, 2022
r3.7 Progress Report #7 - DEC 4 @ 05:10 UTC (Task List)
I have implemented the first major round of changes/corrections from aaronminus, who as always has done a great job enhancing/fixing the scene. I have a few additional poses/art states I need to create to go with the new dialogue, which will most likely take me a couple of hours (or the rest of the night, who knows).

Still to do are a few additional reviews of the scene, to make sure I didn't add in more mistakes. And some additional testing from me on the game to make sure I didn't break other parts of it. Then we move into the final steps, which usually take around a day or so to complete.

In short, a Monday/Tuesday release is still looking very likely. So much so that I'm going to update the Release target to Tuesday.

We are almost there, thank you everyone for sticking it out! I know this update took a while to get to us, and we are working as fast/best as we can to turn it around.

Stay awesome!
Hey night mirror, I know I'm late ASF with this question (since you're putting out an update in a few days) but will this update fix beth telling you not to cum inside her at the pool? Or will that be fixed in another update

4.90 star(s) 97 Votes