Attik

Jan 27, 2022
My primary concern with something like this is how the pregnancy itself is being handled. Instead of a special moment that has character development and growth attached to it, it's more like a status effect that needs to be remove (like poison, or blind). Ah, got Summer pregnant AGAIN?! No problem, just take this "Cure Pregnancy" potion (PlanuBoo).

We don't want confirmation to just be a throw away line, we want it to be a moment of change. We don't want bellies to be a single scene, but character growth (literally).

For me at least, pregnancy isn't as much about the moment as the results.

Also, also, a percent based chance system just isn't something I'd ever put in, especially in a game where players can jump all around the game.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly it isn't the way we ultimately want to go with pregnancy.
Ok, not the direction you want to go with it. Fair enough. Keep up the good work!

jman3347

Jan 28, 2020
Female Mortys as a fanart concept are older than Pocket Mortys, but Pocket Mortys defined the exact look and name of Morticia. However this Morticia's personality and circumstances are entirely game original (she doesn't have one officially). She might not be an OC by the strictest definition, but she's almost entirely original in execution.
How am I only just now finding out she was in Pocket Mortys lol

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
Thank you for making this a fun and stimulating fan project and not keeping it to yourself. I originally heard about your passion project on Fenoxo's Forums (I'm Grimoire) and followed your progress since 2020 remarkably enough. As a fellow writer and game master for my own game, I can tell you that it takes a certain kind of focus and willpower to commit such a large and significant amount of time to a project. It's incredible and inspiring to say the least.

I understand the pressure and the folly of abandonment of projects due to low ambition and writer's block, and for that matter, the Doubters. But you owe it to yourself to finish the project in it's entirety just as it is up to FERDAFS to finish their own original works to supply us the niche fetish it provides. It's not a matter of if it can be done, it's the principle and the inspiration it aspires others to do.

I've written Sou'jure: City of Corruption as a flagship project for Corruption of Champions back on the old forums. I understood the pitfalls, the trappings of such a daunting task to do it yourself with no help. In the end, i abandoned it. I regretted it to this very day because there were fans of my work and enjoyed the jam sessions we'd have over what we added. All that work and it lead to no where.

I've written books upon books of stories that never get published or read by anyone other than myself. But what keeps me going is knowing that there's some fan that lived my works just as much as I did and they've been sharing it around after five years since it had been abandoned.

I've returned to the fold because that one fan inspired me to pick up the pen and find the drive to keep going or come up with something new. It wasn't going to be someone else's work this time, no, but I've started a Dungeons and Dragons style campaign in the Roleplaying Forum. I found a few friends to play with, worked with my old materials that never saw the light of day and got read. And before i knew it: so many readers and even a few of them were inspired to become smut writers themselves!

The point I'm trying to make is this: you don't know how much inspiration you bring to others and what joy to make the writers by making a passion project. Your fanfiction keeps people engaged and actively participating in dialogue and are eager for the next installation of this game with much needed quality and improvement. If you're ever in doubt about quitting or giving up because of stress or the nefarious Crunch: think about those that want to become game developers and content creators. For every success story, there was once a wide-eyed fan driven by that success to one day become one as well.

Keep up the good work, don't stress yourselves over the expectations. All good things comes to those who wait, wouldn't want to rush quality now would we? Lol

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you for making this a fun and stimulating fan project and not keeping it to yourself. I originally heard about your passion project on Fenoxo's Forums (I'm Grimoire) and followed your progress since 2020 remarkably enough. As a fellow writer and game master for my own game, I can tell you that it takes a certain kind of focus and willpower to commit such a large and significant amount of time to a project. It's incredible and inspiring to say the least.

I understand the pressure and the folly of abandonment of projects due to low ambition and writer's block, and for that matter, the Doubters. But you owe it to yourself to finish the project in it's entirety just as it is up to FERDAFS to finish their own original works to supply us the niche fetish it provides. It's not a matter of if it can be done, it's the principle and the inspiration it aspires others to do.

I've written Sou'jure: City of Corruption as a flagship project for Corruption of Champions back on the old forums. I understood the pitfalls, the trappings of such a daunting task to do it yourself with no help. In the end, i abandoned it. I regretted it to this very day because there were fans of my work and enjoyed the jam sessions we'd have over what we added. All that work and it lead to no where.

I've written books upon books of stories that never get published or read by anyone other than myself. But what keeps me going is knowing that there's some fan that lived my works just as much as I did and they've been sharing it around after five years since it had been abandoned.

I've returned to the fold because that one fan inspired me to pick up the pen and find the drive to keep going or come up with something new. It wasn't going to be someone else's work this time, no, but I've started a Dungeons and Dragons style campaign in the Roleplaying Forum. I found a few friends to play with, worked with my old materials that never saw the light of day and got read. And before i knew it: so many readers and even a few of them were inspired to become smut writers themselves!

The point I'm trying to make is this: you don't know how much inspiration you bring to others and what joy to make the writers by making a passion project. Your fanfiction keeps people engaged and actively participating in dialogue and are eager for the next installation of this game with much needed quality and improvement. If you're ever in doubt about quitting or giving up because of stress or the nefarious Crunch: think about those that want to become game developers and content creators. For every success story, there was once a wide-eyed fan driven by that success to one day become one as well.

Keep up the good work, don't stress yourselves over the expectations. All good things comes to those who wait, wouldn't want to rush quality now would we? Lol
I'm glad you enjoy the game!

While my main reason for working on this project has been largely for myself (because I find it fun (most of the time (fuck you blinks))), I will say that the overall response from the community here has also been very rewarding. Not just that, but the continued engagement of players has also expanded my own excitement for the project. I've undertaken extra things I most likely would haven't have done otherwise, that (I think at least) improve the overall game.

Whenever we are talking anything internet (or, really anything, anywhere) there will always be detractors. People who hate that thing for whatever reason. Sometimes founded, and sometimes... less so. I'm much more inclined to listen to those that have something to add to the conversation, positive or negative.

(long winded rant redacted: short version, people gonna complain, nothing I can really do about that. As long as players are still enjoying the game, I'ma keep at it and listening to the feedback that matters).

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words!

Almost two weeks!
We're getting closer! I know it has been a longer wait than my usual target, and it will most likely pass the two week mark. I am still pending round 1 revisions for the final 3 scenes, but once I have those in hand, things should kick back into high gear again and (hopefully) we'll get through the last few steps in a few days.

Once I'm moving forward again, I'll put up progress reports as steps are completed.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
I'm glad you enjoy the game!

While my main reason for working on this project has been largely for myself (because I find it fun (most of the time (fuck you blinks))), I will say that the overall response from the community here has also been very rewarding. Not just that, but the continued engagement of players has also expanded my own excitement for the project. I've undertaken extra things I most likely would haven't have done otherwise, that (I think at least) improve the overall game.

Whenever we are talking anything internet (or, really anything, anywhere) there will always be detractors. People who hate that thing for whatever reason. Sometimes founded, and sometimes... less so. I'm much more inclined to listen to those that have something to add to the conversation, positive or negative.

(long winded rant redacted: short version, people gonna complain, nothing I can really do about that. As long as players are still enjoying the game, I'ma keep at it and listening to the feedback that matters).

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words!

We're getting closer! I know it has been a longer wait than my usual target, and it will most likely pass the two week mark. I am still pending round 1 revisions for the final 3 scenes, but once I have those in hand, things should kick back into high gear again and (hopefully) we'll get through the last few steps in a few days.

Once I'm moving forward again, I'll put up progress reports as steps are completed.
Quick question,

Have your edits gone in with this version for revision by the QA or does that happen after the first round?
Just curious.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Reactions: hghgffg6ggj

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Quick question,

Have your edits gone in with this version for revision by the QA or does that happen after the first round?
Just curious.

Yes, my main changes are part of what I sent out to aaronminus. I'll most likely have more small things to change once I have revisions, but they will be minimal.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Quick question,

Just curious.

1. I play the Ferdafs update while NM starts slicing images and prepping for porting. We talk big picture (day placement, binary character direction choices, establish goals, etc.)
2. Night Mirror implements the update into a beta. This implementation has already been changed from Ferdafs’ version by NM. This gets sent to me.
3. I do my hardcore first pass on it, which is by far the most intensive/longest step on my end.
4. Send it back to Night Mirror for review. He implements the changes he likes, alters or ignores the ones he doesn’t (the turnaround on this is usually around an hour). He sends it back to me. Maybe we get a little back and forth on how to approach some lines or certain choices made.
5. I do a pass 2 which is usually more of a polish than anything else. Typically this is a rewording step to make the reading experience flow better
6. Back to NM, he keeps or deletes same as before.
7. I get one final review to search for objective errors (typos or logic gaffs). Back to NM.
8. Final Beta for bug hunting, then release.

Note: This is just my side of the deal. Night Mirror has a lot of his own stuff he has to do to get an update out (blinks, original art assets, among many other things).

For efficiency’s sake, pieces of the update are usually staggered on different steps of the process, so some stuff will be further along than others.
The reason it’s looking on the slow side right now is because the original (non-Ferdafs) components of this update were tackled first, and are either done or practically done. So while the update log may look like everything is still really early, in truth /most/ of the hard part is over (I hope to make that “all” today/tonight).

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
1. I play the Ferdafs update while NM starts slicing images and prepping for porting. We talk big picture (day placement, binary character direction choices, establish goals, etc.)
2. Night Mirror implements the update into a beta. This implementation has already been changed from Ferdafs’ version by NM. This gets sent to me.
3. I do my hardcore first pass on it, which is by far the most intensive/longest step on my end.
4. Send it back to Night Mirror for review. He implements the changes he likes, alters or ignores the ones he doesn’t (the turnaround on this is usually around an hour). He sends it back to me. Maybe we get a little back and forth on how to approach some lines or certain choices made.
5. I do a pass 2 which is usually more of a polish than anything else. Typically this is a rewording step to make the reading experience flow better
6. Back to NM, he keeps or deletes same as before.
7. I get one final review to search for objective errors (typos or logic gaffs). Back to NM.
8. Final Beta for bug hunting, then release.

Note: This is just my side of the deal. Night Mirror has a lot of his own stuff he has to do to get an update out (blinks, original art assets, among many other things).

For efficiency’s sake, pieces of the update are usually staggered on different steps of the process, so some stuff will be further along than others.
The reason it’s looking on the slow side right now is because the original (non-Ferdafs) components of this update were tackled first, and are either done or practically done. So while the update log may look like everything is still really early, in truth /most/ of the hard part is over (I hope to make that “all” today/tonight).
TBH I am mostly here for the NM adds. Haven't even Played the original yet.

And keep up the good work you two are doing.
Take as much time as needed.

Last edited:

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
After this project is, eventually, done, do you think you'll try any other fan edits and/or do an original thing?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
After this project is, eventually, done, do you think you'll try any other fan edits and/or do an original thing?
Always difficult to say what the future will hold. While not impossible, another fan project is unlikely.

I do have several game ideas I'd love to do, but art is still a major limiting factor for me. Also, I'm working on this in my free time, and it already takes most of that time. I'm not sure I would be able to do a full game with the time I could give it.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes