Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
I've actually talked a bit about this before (somewhere back in the 70ish pages, normally I'd go find the post and link it, but, uh, working on the update).

The short version is, yes, Domdeyso is correct I am adapting something I have no input on (and fucking with it in a way the original dev never intended). In the Unity version, Morticia really gets ignored pretty hard (she has a third of the number of scenes that Summer does), such that you can play a LOT of the unity version without ever seeing her.

I've done my best to increase her presence throughout this game (she was the first (and only for a while) character I made additional scenes for), but, I am limited by what I have to work with, both in terms of story and art (my ability to make art is, not so great).

So there are parts where her presence is... lacking. You're not the first to point out her mid game drop off (although, I think you'll be happy with the alternate scene in Day 28 (again, not in the unity version)). Mostly, Morty's attitude towards her is due to a lack of scenes with her. Morty more or less has to turn her down, because this game doesn't have any images of boats- er, I mean, only has limited scenes.
not sure if you said this but does Ferdafs care about what you are doing or it doesnt matter?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
What about sound bits for each characters from the show? It doesn't have to be fully voiced, just to give player a reference for their imagination. Maybe some moaning sounds too.
Not impossible, but a very low chance of being implemented (for many reasons). But added to the request list.

not sure if you said this but does Ferdafs care about what you are doing or it doesnt matter?
Still not even sure if Ferdafs knows (I haven't gone out of my way to advertise it, and they haven't contacted me about it, so no idea) that my version even exists. If Ferdafs does know, I hope they like it and think: "Holy shit, my (Ferdafs version) game is so good that someone spent 800+ hours of their life made a fucking fan fic out of it!" and not "Fuck that guy, I hope they get raped to death by an elephant" but you never know.

The short answer (too late) is, no. No, it doesn't matter if Ferdafs approves of my work or not (I mean, it would mean a lot to me personally if they did like it, but there is no technical reason/f95 site rule that I need the original dev's permission). We are literally on a pirate site.

Also, I'm not making new content for this game. It only gets updated when the unity version does, and when that game comes to a end (hopefully in the distant future), so will this project. So, while some people may prefer to play this version, if they want new content, they have to support Ferdafs to get it, or, I mean steal it, because, again, pirate site. Actually, I'm hoping this version drives people to support the original, like an ad for it or something.

Also, also, I'm not selling this game (you literally cannot give me money of any kind for it), and people that have asked if they can donate to me, I've directed to give to Ferdafs instead. Also, also, also, if people are getting either game from this site, they already aren't paying for it.

Last edited:

SakataDraven

Mar 9, 2018
No, no, no. I use a text to speech program during final review to listen for dialog mistakes. There is no way this game would work with voice lines (also, not sure how the hell I would even do voice lines...)
I talked a little about this before (Again, in update mode so I can't search out the post) but I did try using an AI voice tool to match character voices. Short version, it produced nightmare sounds so I didn't try it for very long, and haven't given it another go.
after reading your previous messages i decided to try and do some of dialogue from the intro through an AI and got this lines through splicing multiple runs.
The Morty one i think sounds decent enough but the end part Rick one i was not able to get a decent read through the AI.

Morty

View attachment Mor1.mp4

Rick
View attachment Rick.mp4

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
Not impossible, but a very low chance of being implemented (for many reasons). But added to the request list.

Still not even sure if Ferdafs knows (I haven't gone out of my way to advertise it, and they haven't contacted me about it, so no idea) that my version even exists. If Ferdafs does know, I hope they like it and think: "Holy shit, my (Ferdafs version) game is so good that someone spent 800+ hours of their life made a fucking fan fic out of it!" and not "Fuck that guy, I hope they get raped to death by an elephant" but you never know.

The short answer (too late) is, no. No, it doesn't matter if Ferdafs approves of my work or not (I mean, it would mean a lot to me personally if they did like it, but there is no technical reason/f95 site rule that I need the original dev's permission). We are literally on a pirate site.

Also, I'm not making new content for this game. It only gets updated when the unity version does, and when that game comes to a end (hopefully in the distant future), so will this project. So, while some people may prefer to play this version, if they want new content, they have to support Ferdafs to get it, or, I mean steal it, because, again, pirate site. Actually, I'm hoping this version drives people to support the original, like an ad for it or something.

Also, also, I'm not selling this game (you literally cannot give me money of any kind for it), and people that have asked if they can donate to me, I've directed to give to Ferdafs instead. Also, also, also, if people are getting either game from this site, they already aren't paying for it.
well shit i didn't know you was doing it for free damn man
hats.gif

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4 Progress Report #15 - Dec 13 @ 1:30 UTC (Task List)
(Done) Update is now live! ENJOY! (or not, I mean I'm not the boss of you...)

Patch is the first to go up, full builds are slowly uploading now.

Edit:
All versions are live, slowly uploading them to various hosts.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
SakataDraven
Very similar to the initial results I got when I tried. Just didn't feel worth. To be fair, I gave it like a day, and it was something I tried way back while I was trying to climb the mountain of putting this whole thing together, and never got back to it. There is a LOT of dialog tho, and as much of it has alternate variable inserts, voices would be... tricky.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Devilrv

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
night I have a doubt, I've been playing since the beginning again and I noticed something different in the scene where we stole Morticia's virginity, before there was only the cowgirl position but now there's the missionari did you add these scenes or the original dev added her, I I didn't play the original version to find out. Another question is if throwing jessica's birth control pills in the toilet, jessica still has sex with brad and lets him come inside her i know you're not the creator of the game but as you edit certain things you see the dialogue before launching.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
night I have a doubt, I've been playing since the beginning again and I noticed something different in the scene where we stole Morticia's virginity, before there was only the cowgirl position but now there's the missionary did you add these scenes or the original dev added her, I I didn't play the original version to find out.
The Missionary position was created by WatsonTouya. The overall scene has also had a bit of restructuring done. Originally, it was possible to skip the make-out section of the scene with an early sex path (which was just poor design on my part). In normal play, this early option has been disabled and is now only an option in mindblowers.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Your work and efforts shine through.

Get some well deserved Rest My dear friend. For the tricia Update is round the corner.

Speaking of, Did you also have edits relating to Tricia (which i would love, I know Iz being greedy, wish I could help you out) or is it just going to be a straight content update once the original gets updated (which is equally but slightly less awesome as it won't have your flair)?

Just curious..

As always

Keep up the gods work

Reactions: Night Mirror

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Well, it would be a bit odd for Ferdafs to object given that Way Back Home is itself a parody of the original source material.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Speaking of, Did you also have edits relating to Tricia
Won't know until we actually see what her content is. Not everything gets additional options (Jessica didn't get any because it didn't feel like her scene needed much adding to), and Tricia's scene may not need any either. If I get through it and see the chance to add something, I will (if it's in my capability to do so).

Reactions: Devilrv

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Won't know until we actually see what her content is. Not everything gets additional options (Jessica didn't get any because it didn't feel like her scene needed much adding to), and Tricia's scene may not need any either. If I get through it and see the chance to add something, I will (if it's in my capability to do so).

You have the Midas touch my friend. I only request you take as much rest as you can. The last thing anyone on this forum want is for you to get burnouts.

As a former developer I understand the crunch. I also understand that you are doing this for free and are not answerable to anyone. I admire you passion and drive, however, not at the cost you finding this work taxing.

If pushing the release from a week out to two halfs your workload, please look into doing so. You will always have numbnuts going "wHerE iS tHe nExt uPdAte".

To that effect, I've also seen many Mods out there that include the Progress or update info in the first post. Donno how many idiots this will phase out but it might help.

tl;dr : Keep it up, Get some rest. This effort you put in this week Opened our eyes to your efforts a lot more than last time and also hope showed our concern for you.

Cheers

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
You have the Midas touch my friend. I only request you take as much rest as you can. The last thing anyone on this forum want is for you to get burnouts.

As a former developer I understand the crunch. I also understand that you are doing this for free and are not answerable to anyone. I admire you passion and drive, however, not at the cost you finding this work taxing.
Thanks for the kind words and the concern! :D (Seriously, it does mean a lot to me)

Luckily, I don't have to crunch very often (for this project at least) as the Unity game is (generally) on a two month cycle (although a pt2 content update for Tricia may strike at any moment, like a falling asteroid (but I don't think that will take nearly as much effort)). This means I have a long while to recharge before slamming my face into the keyboard again. And, as exhausting as it is/was to put so much time into an update, it's also fun, and fulfilling to do (or why would I do it? (certainly not for the monies)).

All that being said, I may indeed re-evaluate how I want to do content updates moving forward. I've got a few months to think about it.

You will always have numbnuts going "wHerE iS tHe nExt uPdAte".
Yeah, those aren't the people I push myself for. They get the benefit of the turn around time, but they aren't the reason. Players such as yourself are why I try to give my all and deliver both something good and quickly.

I don't actually recall seeing any "When is update?! y u no have finished yet?" this time around. Of course, the last week is a little hazy for me for some strange reason? At some point (not today, now that the update is completed and no one has popped in to say, it blue screened their computer or something, I'm gonna go to bed (and "tomorrow me" can deal with any issues that come up)) I'll prolly go back and re-read the last 8 or 9 page and see if I missed anything.

A quick cursory glance shows a lot of posts by whoever this "Night Mirror" person is flooding the thread with, from what I can tell, is mostly incoherent nonsense! I mean, just look at this reply they are putting out right now!

To that effect, I've also seen many Mods out there that include the Progress or update info in the first post. Donno how many idiots this will phase out but it might help.
I actually did include a link in the OP (now removed since the update is released) to the master task list post while I was updating (not sure how I would do a progress bar, but I probably could?). The goal was to: 1) let people see an update was in progress and 2) quickly read about it's status.

It's hard to say how well it worked? But I do feel the individual update posts worked better this time around.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes