Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Haven't played the update yet, but if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, that was basically a scene by scene riff on a recent episode, similar to what the game already had with Unity and the women of Gazorp
Well, I'll never know. I have tried to watch the show. I can't relate to it.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ooooh I just got an idea. A lot of people don't seem know you need to start/ load a save to access day selector/ do over. How about when you try to click those menus when they're grayed out, you'll get a pop up saying you need to start a new game or load a save to access them? Maybe also have it show if you hover over them? I'm not a coder so I don't know how hard that'll be to implement bop.
Main menu isn't really made to have tooltips. I could just removed the grayed out buttons instead (which I think looks strange). Maybe it's just too confusing to have non accessible buttons? Will think on it some more.

Without spoiling the latest update, the new "love interest" character came completely out of left field and almost felt like a betrayal of the entire "keep it in the family" (plus classmates) dynamic. I have never seen more than 1 episode of the show, so it's all new content for me (I can't stand the voice talent and the humor in the show is unfunny to me).

I get that she's a reference to a popular 90's TV show, but for Morty to seemingly drop everyone for her, it just felt way off for me.

Otherwise, I'm glad we're getting to the point where bellies may soon begin to show. Can't wait to see how things grow from here.
I'm assuming you mean Planetina (from r3.3). Yeah she isn't my favorite character either (although a lot of people do seem to want more of her). Her segment is mostly pulled from the single episode she appears in, and players are fairly polarized that Ferdafs copied the episode, and just added some sex scenes. I've already talked about it (and you can search it out if you're curious) but the short version is I think it was fine, just hopefully not the norm going forward (I don't want to see readapted episodes).

Her segment doesn't bother me though. I think of what happens with her less like him "abandoning" the relationship he has with his family and more an irrational rebound from his "breakup" with Tricia.

During day 13 at the party and Summer's tentacle scene, there's a part where she says "Can't you see I'm -mmmh- trying to talk to my sum_sub.brother!"
Fixed for the next update! Thanks for the spot! (I spent almost 2 weeks replaying looking for mistakes and at some points I'm sure my eyes just glazed over...)

Reactions: MobileGrunt

ymudds

Jul 16, 2019
so are there gonna be any more mind control scenes? and are there some more already after the 1st hypno toad scene?

Reality Mode

Jul 18, 2018
(I spent almost 2 weeks replaying looking for mistakes and at some points I'm sure my eyes just glazed over...)
o_O Maybe... maybe don't spend so much time on this? That can't be good for your eyes :p

If there's issues, people will mention them here anyways---why would you spend that much time on this?

Milflover_69

Aug 24, 2017
"There is now a high/low toggle for family wording for Beth and Summer (in addition to Morticia). If Summer and Morty calling each other Bro/Sis, or Morty calling Beth Mommy, was bugging the fuck out of you, selecting the Low option will significantly reduce this wording throughout the game. Selecting High will keep it at the previous levels.
Where can i find this toggle? It seems to be set to Low by default, i want it set to high again

EDIT: Nevermind, found them after starting a new game.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I have never seen more than 1 episode of the show, so it's all new content for me (I can't stand the voice talent and the humor in the show is unfunny to me).
Making such a harsh judgement after seeing just 20 mins of a 51 episode show (so far) ... is, well ...

how dare you.jpg

... and as we all know ...

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid"

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
o_O Maybe... maybe don't spend so much time on this? That can't be good for your eyes :p

If there's issues, people will mention them here anyways---why would you spend that much time on this?
I mean... that's this whole project in general. Why would I spend any time at all doing any of this (for free)? Short answer, because it is fun (most of the time). It was two weeks because I spent one week putting it in, and a second week reviewing the changes a few hours a day (so as not to burn out).

Of course, if you meant why put in the high/low incest setting at all, that answer is also pretty easy. People asked for it, and it was something I was fairly sure I could do. And hey, how hard could it be, right... RIGHT?! (answer, not hard, just lonnnnnggg (that's what she said?))

Also, also, yes people will help find bugs and typos. but that doesn't mean I want those mistakes to be there in the first place. I certainly appreciate all the help I've gotten from the community in finding issues (no matter how small), but I would also like as many of those to be fixed before people play, as some of them can ruin the experience.

Where can i find this toggle? It seems to be set to Low by default, i want it set to high agai
This toggle is also located individually for Beth, Summer, and Morticia at the top of the Do Over page.

ZeroKonD

Aug 17, 2019
Dunno if anyone else have the same problem but the game doesn't seem to want to start. Have tried downloading from all the different filesharing sites, also tested by trying to start with and without the Bugfix but nothing seem to work.

Like I don't even get any message or anything, I just double click/run as admin on the .exe file but nothing happens. Even waited for like 30 mins but nothing happens.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Dunno if anyone else have the same problem but the game doesn't seem to want to start. Have tried downloading from all the different filesharing sites, also tested by trying to start with and without the Bugfix but nothing seem to work.

Like I don't even get any message or anything, I just double click/run as admin on the .exe file but nothing happens. Even waited for like 30 mins but nothing happens.
I'll do my best to help here, but without errors that might be a little tricky.

First up, what platform are you on? (Since you said exe, I'm assuming windows, but what version? 7, 8, 10, 11?)

Second, there is usually a log.txt (in the main game folder where the exe is) file generate when the game tries to start, does that have anything in it?

Thirdly, are any other Renpy games working for you? Or is it just this one that doesn't run?

Lastly, have you preformed the ritual sacrifice of burning a Rick and Morty DVD to ensure you've appeased the computer gods? I mean, that step usually isn't required... but you never know!

Hread012

Dec 28, 2017
where are saves located I want to clear them

Night Mirror would adding a save clear option be a good idea?

also may I ask what requested options are going to be added and when

sorry if Im being a pest

Last edited:

ZeroKonD

Aug 17, 2019
I'll do my best to help here, but without errors that might be a little tricky.

First up, what platform are you on? (Since you said exe, I'm assuming windows, but what version? 7, 8, 10, 11?)

Second, there is usually a log.txt (in the main game folder where the exe is) file generate when the game tries to start, does that have anything in it?

Thirdly, are any other Renpy games working for you? Or is it just this one that doesn't run?

Lastly, have you preformed the ritual sacrifice of burning a Rick and Morty DVD to ensure you've appeased the computer gods? I mean, that step usually isn't required... but you never know!
Windows 10, no log.txt file which I also found strange, other Renpy games works, tried it right after I posted my problem and lastly, don't own any DVD disks so that could be the issue but I'm not one that usually put faith in black arts and the like.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
where are saves located I want to clear them
In explorer type %appdata% (which will take you to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\) then scroll down and find the Renpy folder. Inside locate "RMAWH-1601779150" and delete it or the .save files inside.

also may I ask what requested options are going to be added and when

sorry if I being a pest
The Request list is not a promise to put anything into the game, it is my cheat sheet to remind me what people have asked for (and would like to see). What gets added when is whatever I'm in the mood to work on. Usually the easier/closer to the way the game is get higher priority, because, well, they are just easier to do.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Windows 10, no log.txt file which I also found strange, other Renpy games works, tried it right after I posted my problem and lastly, don't own any DVD disks so that could be the issue but I'm not one that usually put faith in black arts and the like.
Uh, without a log file I'm not sure how helpful I can be here. I know it for sure works on windows 10, so the only other thing I can think of would be some kind of driver issue? (Maybe a restart if you haven't already tried? (yes, I know that is always the worst help advice, but it's surprising how often it works)). But, uh, the only answer I could give at this point would be from trying to googling the issue. Sorry D:

Edit:
It could also possibly be antivirus software misidentifying it, in which case you'll need to add it to the allowed programs if you're using something other than windows defender.

Edit2:
From a while back, but maybe helpful? https://f95zone.to/threads/can-t-open-games.10712/

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
I seem to be getting errors every 20-30 lines or so, even after downloading the 3.4.1 bugfiix. These errors can be bypassed by ignoring it but it gets very annoying doing it so often. I can post an example of the logfile below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/day_0020.rpy", line 926, in script
o "No, [name_sub.bro][name_sub.morty], I'll be here to help you."
AttributeError: 'Twin_State' object has no attribute 'bro'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1190, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.4.1) r3.4.1
Tue Dec 14 12:40:16 2021

The one similarity I notice for all the errors is the 'Twin_State' object has no attribute 'bro', 'sis', OR 'sister'. Any ideas on whats causing the issue?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I seem to be getting errors every 20-30 lines or so, even after downloading the 3.4.1 bugfiix. These errors can be bypassed by ignoring it but it gets very annoying doing it so often. I can post an example of the logfile below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1190, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
File "renpy/character.py", line 1179, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.4.1) r3.4.1
Tue Dec 14 12:40:16 2021

The one similarity I notice for all the errors is the 'Twin_State' object has no attribute 'bro' OR 'sis'. Any ideas on whats causing the issue?
Easily correctable, the variable didn't initialize correctly for you (I assume an old save). Open the do over menu. Near the top of Beth, Summer, and Morticia find the Incest: Low High (or Twins: On Off, for Morticia) and toggle the setting back and forther (so if its set high, set it low, then high again, or visaversa), that should resolve the issue for you. Do this for all three characters.

Reactions: syuura1

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
Easily correctable, the variable didn't initialize correctly for you (I assume an old save). Open the do over menu. Near the top of Beth, Summer, and Morticia find the Incest: Low High (or Twins: On Off, for Morticia) and toggle the setting back and forther (so if its set high, set it low, then high again, or visaversa), that should resolve the issue for you. Do this for all three characters.
Solved, thanks.

ZeroKonD

Aug 17, 2019
Uh, without a log file I'm not sure how helpful I can be here. I know it for sure works on windows 10, so the only other thing I can think of would be some kind of driver issue? (Maybe a restart if you haven't already tried? (yes, I know that is always the worst help advice, but it's surprising how often it works)). But, uh, the only answer I could give at this point would be from trying to googling the issue. Sorry D:

Edit:
It could also possibly be antivirus software misidentifying it, in which case you'll need to add it to the allowed programs if you're using something other than windows defender.

Edit2:
From a while back, but maybe helpful? https://f95zone.to/threads/can-t-open-games.10712/
Googling didn't help me, only found the same solutions as you mentioned. Will restart my computer and check later if that fixed it. About the antivirus, it did pop up when I first run the .exe file, but it have always worked with other Renpy games (when it have poped up) to just tell it to ignore it and continue running it, which this case was a mindbogler for me as it have never happened like this before, not even starting or anything even after I told it to ignore it and run. Anyway, thx for the help so far, hopefully it will work after a restart of my computer, if not, then I guess I will have to wait till it do or continue my way on to other games.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes