taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Thx for trying to help but that didn't change anything. Still same problem as before, game not even starting. All it does is showing the mouse loading icon for a sec after running the .exe file, then nothing. Completely confused over this, have never been like this with any other Renpy games.
Just a thought, don't know if it has been touched on,

1. Make a folder that is and exception to your virus scanner software. Most Virus scanners I have seen have this ability. You may have to study your Virus scanner a bit to find it and how to do it.
2. Download the game to that folder, extract it in that folder and run it from that folder.
3. Virus scanners pop off on most any .exe file they have no knowledge or that the software provider has not payed Micro soft $600.00 or more to validate ( Easy to understand why people who make stuff for free are not willing to pay this extortion money.)
4. Probably won't help but with all your effort I assume you're grabbing at straw's. This might help.

EDIT >>> I will say if other Ren'py games are playing this probably makes not sense, but you never know.

Jun 8, 2017
I really like this game I was playing this before I even watch the TV show and Im really glad that someone took the game and change it from unity to renpy engine bravo!
yeah man, sometimes you just wanna see some sex scenes without having to go to a certain location at the certain time/grind for it/etc. Now only if Night Mirror can do Milfy City.

Reactions: Dynamite20

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Now only if Night Mirror can do Milfy City.
Sadly unlikely. Not a bad game by any means, but a lot of games like it, and it was just "okay" for me, not something I'm passionate about. Any other projects I'd take on would have to be a game I'm really into (to want to spend more than 1000 hours on it).

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Just wanted to say this is my favorite WEG. You've taken another game, which has good content and a reasonable update schedule, but weaknesses in quality of life and game design, and managed to improve upon it by stripping out the uninteresting mechanics, punching up the script, adding serious quality of life options and heaping even more content ontop of a content rich game. In an odd way, i've actually become invested in Morty and his Harem similar to my favorite animu harems, and I hope to see a nice resolution to all of the character threads. It's pretty rare that I like this many of the girls as much as I do, Summer, Morticia, Jessica and crazily enough Trish (Who I did not care about before this game!) are all really solid, and other girls aren't far behind. I was a little nervous about the Planetina mini-arc, seeing as it was my least favorite part of the game thusfar (despite being a character i'm into) because it felt so disconnected from everything else/unnatural, but this update reaffirmed my faith that this game is a labor of love. I know you're beholden to the original creator in a lot of ways, but I have my fingers crossed that the game continues to deliver on what's been set up, and makes me excited for what comes next. When the time comes for it to conclude I hope that it can wrap up with the dignity it deserves.

Anyway thanks again for the hard work that you do as a hobby! I really appreciate what you do and look forward to what comes next :)

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
aaronminus
I'm glad you enjoyed it! And thank you very much for the kind words! They really do mean a lot to me to know people are enjoying the game. (sorry this got long...)

I've poured a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and other bodily fluids into (re)making this game. Although, again most of props still belong to Ferdafs, without whom none of this would be possible (and I mean, also JR and DH, cuze no R&M otherwise, but can't keep going down that rabbit hole). Still, I'm glad people like the changes (yes, I know not everyone likes the changes, but, eh, what'ca gonna do? (stay up all night, worrying about what everyone else thinks?(slowly slipping into madness as you question your own self-worth as doubt slowly consumes you?!(sorry... where was I again? Right... stuff, also things...)))), I've put in a lot of effort into adding things I wanted to see in the game, and I'm glad that other people like those ideas as well. It reaffirms that I made the right decision to share my remake as opposed to the original plan of just making it only for me (because why would anyone else want to play it?).

I've done my best to "enhance" some of the main cast's affection for Morty. I think parts of it work fairly well, while others could probably use a bit more effort in some sections. Morticia is the character I'm most proud of my reworks with as she feels very absent in the original. I still laugh out loud, or smile at some of her lines in the remake (I tried adding just a touch of Mabel to her personality (the scene with her dressed as Mabel is sort of a wink and nod to that)). But I also really enjoy Summer, and Beth, and Tricia (who I think Ferdafs did a great job giving an interesting personality where none existed) too.

The Planetina stuff does... okay, but I probably should have done a bit more refinement on it. Part of the issue was I just didn't care much about her (it wasn't bad, I'm just never excited for the one off characters in general).

I don't want to get too spoilery about the ending (mostly because I have no idea as to what the ending is (well, okay, not true, I assume the game either ends with Morty going home or going on forever with no ending (or something else...)), but as I've said in the past, if there aren't ending options for players, I do intend to add them (mostly the option to stay (the way home was inside you all along!)).

Anyhow, thanks again for the kind words. They certainly brightened up my night! (apologies that I got wordy with my response, apparently I don't understand how to type just a one line response...)

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Not to metaphorically fellate you too much, but i'm not surprised to hear that Morticia is the character you're most proud of! I came into the game very Summer biased, and was skeptical i'd get into Morticia because R63 usually doesn't appeal to me, but her personality is endearing and she's been great so far (I can see the Mabel in there :) ). Glad to hear that you plan to wrap up the game in some fashion if it doesn't get an ending by Ferdafs. My pet theory is that Morty got fucked over by Rick and this has been his real universe this whole time :p

Anyway keep up the good work bro, thanks for the detailed reply (y)

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The wipe transitions in the new update felt a little weird. I think you were trying to make it look like the camera was panning? It's not a big deal honestly, it did give me a good star wars and hulk 2003 throwback though.

wah do you think of this script?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
WatsonTouya
Text corrections made (seriously, how do you find some of these?)

1639674372790.png
Code segment updated. I like the additional wording. Although, I'd really like her to be on top of Summer... sadly the art just doesn't support it...

This issue is caused by the original way I was doing animation capture (as video). Originally, I had no way to remove the UI elements, so I had to paint them out by hand... OR, in this case lazily slap on a mask. I'll recapture it for the next update (you can tell how I often I play this scene by how long it's stuck around unnoticed).

The wipe transitions in the new update felt a little weird. I think you were trying to make it look like the camera was panning? It's not a big deal honestly, it did give me a good star wars and hulk 2003 throwback though.
Yeah, I'm not super happy with the way the wipes came out. I used them before to infer motion during the Summer Revenge (of the Jedi) scene, and they did alright there with her running. With the camera moving back and forth, it does just feel out of place. I might take another crack at it... maybe...

Reactions: HillDweller

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.4.2 (Or maybe r3.5?!) What and When?

Normally, a few days after an update I do a "What and When?" post to let people know sort of what the vague plans are next. You might have noticed this one has come a little later and that's mostly because, well, I don't really know the answer to either of those questions. Remember that the update schedule for this game follows the Unity one, no new unity content, no new Renpy stuff (I'm hesitant to call what I do "content"). So... all I have is sort of guesses here?

Ferdafs has said the next "update" (that would have the delayed Tricia scene) would be within a week of the previous release (which would have been Dec 14th, now passed with no new info (that I know of, I get my updates from the Unity thread and no new stuff there)). So, now it's guess time.

It's possible (but unlikely) that the Tricia stuff will come with the Mindblower update, which tends to be between big releases, which would put it in January (that would be r3.4.2). However, I think it is more likely to be pushed back into the next big release window (as Jessica was). So, realistically, I think the next update will be in February/March (or, update r3.5).

So, what's coming in the next update? Again, a tricky question to answer. If the new Tricia content is there, then her content obviously. But as for my stuff, the issue is really, what do I want to work on? There is a bunch of stuff in the request list, but most of them are new scenes or big (art intensive) edits. I did the "Spying Summers" scene in the last release (which is mostly traced artwork, but I did draw some of it) and that just reaffirmed how bad my art is... So, honestly, I don't really want to roll the dice on that again... (I go through the list fairly often while working, so maybe something will jump out at me later on).

There are two "feature" updates I want to make, but one of them is WAY too big for a sub version (it would go in something like the r3.5) and the other I don't exactly have a plan for.

First up is slicing. I really like the way that came out with the last release (blinks everywhere added something extra to the game for me (if not for anyone else)). This is however a massive undertaking and has some big negatives that might turn me off from doing. First, it's massively time intensive for minor return (game gets file size smaller, and some blinks). Second, it would mean I couldn't really do a "patch" file with the next update as it would be more or less the WHOLE game in the patch. And thirdly, it would probably break saves AGAIN (I have to do some testing and see if it will, but Renpy doesn't like me changing huge swaths of code for some reason). So... it's on the maybe pile. I might just do a few scenes at a time per update (chip away at it and break only some saves...)

The second thing I want to do is some reworking of the "Do Over" menu. It's... passable in it's current state, but not great, especially on small Android devices where, holy shit, it is almost unusable (sorry android users :cry:). So I'd like to take another pass at making it visually more robust (and functionally the same or similar). The thing holding me back is that I don't know what that change looks like. I've tried a couple different designs for it, and I hate them all.

And... that's it. At the time being I have no new content plans. No edits, extra scenes, or additional options. Something may come to me, or someone may suggest an idea I really like. But for now, just sort of waiting...

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Thank you for the update, really love what you're doing with the game. I'd suggest moving the namebox a bit higher, it's too close to the main text especially when scaling text up. And whispering font size seems too small to me. Keep up the good work!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Thank you for the update, really love what you're doing with the game. I'd suggest moving the namebox a bit higher, it's too close to the main text especially when scaling text up. And whispering font size seems too small to me. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the suggestions! Will give them a bit more attention and see if I can improve them (and yeah, I agree whisper is too small, I think I'm gonna remove the scale aspect, as it is just too hard to read in some cases.)

Reactions: LightmanP
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes