MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 1295, in script
$ renpy.jump("d" + str(day_counter) + "_1")
ScriptError: could not find label 'd37_1'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 1295, in script
$ renpy.jump("d" + str(day_counter) + "_1")
File "renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'd37_1'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.4.1) r3.4.1
Fri Dec 17 18:08:43 2021
Getting this after restarting the day at the end of the current content. This happens not long after the sex with Planetina.

jeriz

Apr 24, 2020
Wait a minute why is some of the image show renpy while the one i downloaded was unity?, which one is the renpy one?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is there a gallery for this, if yes where and plz be specific, plz and thank you
Yes, the gallery is called Mindblowers and can be found as a button on the main menu bar.

Getting this after restarting the day at the end of the current content. This happens not long after the sex with Planetina.
That is a bug (now fixed for the next version, thanks for finding it!). A work around would be to use the Day Selector and go to the desired day (selecting restart will cause the issue again).

Wait a minute why is some of the image show renpy while the one i downloaded was unity?, which one is the renpy one?
I have no idea what you are asking. This is the thread for the Renpy remake of the unity game. Most of it's images (99% of them) are ripped out of the Unity game and stuffed into renpy.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Uh, maybe more specificity? What is your issue with it? What platform, what game section?

Testing it here on a few scenes and it auto advances as expected.
Don't understand why so many people think everyone on the internet is a mind-reader. It's beyond me. My crystal ball must be broken!

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Not everybody likes finding missions and getting lost.
But a lot of people do like it. Instead of making it 100% linear why not add it as an option like all the other options the game already has? I understand that the original game is obnoxious when it comes to missions, but, you know, you can fix it by streamlining it a little instead of completely removing it?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
But a lot of people do like it. Instead of making it 100% linear why not add it as an option like all the other options the game already has? I understand that the original game is obnoxious when it comes to missions, but, you know, you can fix it by streamlining it a little instead of completely removing it?
Well, it was less about removing it and more about not remaking it. I've said my peace on sandboxes and how much I don't like them, so I won't put up another wall of text (you can search it if you really want), and I made this version for me and I don't like it, plus, the original exists... So...

The bigger question is what does it add to the game?

Night Mirror, the Summers+Morticia spyscene was great. If understood correctly that it is a Renpy-version exclusive, you're needlessly critical with your own scene-creation abilities.
Aww thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yep, it was indeed made just for the renpy version. I know the art could be better but I just can't do better and it's frustrating.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
The bigger question is what does it add to the game?
The actual possibility to choose and go about it as you please plus more immersion in the world. I was just surprised it wasn't there seeing how the game gives you so many options just to completely gut the free part, and it shows.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
The actual possibility to choose and go about it as you please plus more immersion in the world. I was just surprised it wasn't there seeing how the game gives you so many options just to completely gut the free part, and it shows.
But, it doesn't give you options, not really. Until you do specific things only some parts are open to you. Additionally, it makes continuity much harder since events can be out of order (which they are in the original). The explore the world aspect might be fun the first time but it's tedious every time after.

So while I have added a lot to the game, the "sandbox" exploration will never be something I'll add back in.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
But, it doesn't give you options, not really. Until you do specific things only some parts are open to you. Additionally, it makes continuity much harder since events can be out of order (which they are in the original). The explore the world aspect might be fun the first time but it's tedious every time after.

So while I have added a lot to the game, the "sandbox" exploration will never be something I'll add back in.
It's a player's choice. Whether you will spend time with Summer or Beth should be up to the player. There's a reason why most if not all the popular games have it and don't get me wrong, I do like Visual Novels, but this game was clearly designed to not be one and it's obvious as soon as the second day starts; Rick tells you to go see him on his garage, it doesn't happen any time soon.

As for chronology, it's a matter of using multiple flags and variables throughout the game. Do you want a threesome with Summer and Beth? Well, you need to advance with both of them a certain amount of scenes. You are not a virgin anymore? It can be easily reflected with a single variable. It's not impossible, hell, it's not hard. I understand it's your personal choice because this is your port and you are not asking any money for it, but it isn't really an excuse, it just feels lazy, and that's not even starting with the UI. For a version with more content than the original, it does feel like a lesser product.

I'll just say what's the point of playing a fan game if not to explore your favorite world? This feels like an over-glorified image reel, and VNs are not supposed to be that. Can open-world get tedious? Sure, but the point is making it less tedious. I appreciate all the changes done in this port, and it does have some nice work on the sides with added dialogue and scenes, but not enough care was put in making it linear outside of some very tiny details, and I think that's simply because the storyline isn't made to be linear and tiny changes won't change that

Well, whatever, good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: shurasick

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It's a player's choice. Whether you will spend time with Summer or Beth should be up to the player.
It's a false choice, as to advance one story you often have to do a different story first, so ultimately, it is liner, but with extra steps. But, some players like it and others don't. I hate it so, wasn't gonna shove it in.

I do like Visual Novels, but this game was clearly designed to not be one
Yeah, but it doesn't really work as a sandbox either, because, again you still have to do specific stories first so that others make sense. And even when you do events can still be out of order

I understand it's your personal choice because this is your port and you are not asking any money for it, but it isn't really an excuse, it just feels lazy, and that's not even starting with the UI. For a version with more content than the original, it does feel like a lesser product.
Ouch, but, hey that's your opinion. I don't agree, but that's my opinion. I made it for me and decided to share. Not everyone is gonna like it and, well, it what it is.

I'll just say what's the point of playing a fan game if not to explore your favorite world? This feels like an over-glorified image reel, and VNs are not supposed to be that. Can open-world get tedious? Sure, but the point is making it less tedious. I appreciate all the changes done in this port, and it does have some nice work on the sides with added dialogue and scenes, but not enough care was put in making it linear outside of some very tiny details, and I think that's simply because the storyline isn't made to be linear and tiny changes won't change that
Okay...?

earth_dragon4

Oct 1, 2020
It's a false choice, as to advance one story you often have to do a different story first, so ultimately, it is liner, but with extra steps. But, some players like it and others don't. I hate it so, wasn't gonna shove it in.

Yeah, but it doesn't really work as a sandbox either, because, again you still have to do specific stories first so that others make sense. And even when you do events can still be out of order

Ouch, but, hey that's your opinion. I don't agree, but that's my opinion. I made it for me and decided to share. Not everyone is gonna like it and, well, it what it is.

Okay...?
I prefer this port (especially since i can no longer open the original) the unity version was always glitchy for me and I prefer the liner style. Even with the original, the story was always more appealing to me than the game mechanics themselves as it always felt more like a VN with extra steps as your choices on what to pursue first didn't effect anything in the long run. You can't please everyone but I've enjoyed it and the extra content is appreciated.

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
It's a player's choice. Whether you will spend time with Summer or Beth should be up to the player. There's a reason why most if not all the popular games have it and don't get me wrong, I do like Visual Novels, but this game was clearly designed to not be one and it's obvious as soon as the second day starts; Rick tells you to go see him on his garage, it doesn't happen any time soon.

As for chronology, it's a matter of using multiple flags and variables throughout the game. Do you want a threesome with Summer and Beth? Well, you need to advance with both of them a certain amount of scenes. You are not a virgin anymore? It can be easily reflected with a single variable. It's not impossible, hell, it's not hard. I understand it's your personal choice because this is your port and you are not asking any money for it, but it isn't really an excuse, it just feels lazy, and that's not even starting with the UI. For a version with more content than the original, it does feel like a lesser product.

Well, whatever, good luck.
also the unity version is a bit glitchy and the recent scenes are quite long as well and im certain the tricia scenes are gonna be long as well and some folk just don't have the paitence to go throgh the dialouge

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Why's another dev here pissing on NM ?

To assert dominance ?

What is it with the complete lack of understanding personal preferences, not to mention the name calling...

In my language we call that sandbox behaviour, it is fitting - but I don't think it translates well :(

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes