Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
View attachment 3416268
why is the scene compressed like that? even put the uncompressed patch but the scene is still compressed
I am aware of the issue and will do my best to resolve it in the next update:

I am also planning to re-capture both images and video from this update. At the moment, I'm in a more limited production environment, and for whatever reason, the captures just look like crap. Hopefully, once I'm back in my main system, I'll be able to improve the quality.

Yadaddy91234

Mar 6, 2024
View attachment 1180733

Overview:
This is an unofficial ren'py fan remake of Rick And Morty - A Way Back Home by Ferdafs.
Play as Morty as he tries to find a way home through sexy adventures in another universe!
No sandbox! Expanded and extra scenes! Finishing choices for many sequences! New dialogue and story reworks!
Thread Updated: 2024-02-26
Release Date: 2024-02-26
Unity Developer: Ferdafs
Ren'py Developer: Night Mirror
Censored: No
Version: r3.9
Language: English
Length: 30+ Hours

Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genre Details:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes / FAQ:
Before asking about a tag please check Genre Details!

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac:
- MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android:

Update Only
(r3.8P4 -> r3.9): - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

Uncompressed Image Patch:
- MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

32-Bit Patch:
- MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - -

Extras:
Banners - Portuguese* - Español* - Italian* - Russian*

MODS: AI Voices*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1282268 View attachment 1282269 View attachment 1282270 View attachment 1282271 View attachment 1282272 View attachment 1282273 View attachment 1282274 View attachment 1282275 View attachment 1282276 View attachment 1282277 View attachment 1282278 View attachment 1282279 View attachment 1282280 View attachment 1282281 View attachment 1282282 View attachment 1282283 View attachment 1282284 View attachment 1282285 View attachment 1282286 View attachment 1282287 View attachment 1282288 View attachment 1282289 View attachment 1282290 View attachment 1282291 View attachment 1282292 View attachment 1282293 View attachment 2516418 View attachment 2516419 View attachment 2516420 View attachment 2516421
Please is there any way to let me know when new content is coming to the game it said to be continued

Ninjabeard

Jul 3, 2017
this game would be great if the art wasn't constricted to the ugly rick & morty faces. summer's jerry face is awful

Ryptyde

Jun 1, 2020
View attachment 1180733

Overview:
This is an unofficial ren'py fan remake of Rick And Morty - A Way Back Home by Ferdafs.
Play as Morty as he tries to find a way home through sexy adventures in another universe!
No sandbox! Expanded and extra scenes! Finishing choices for many sequences! New dialogue and story reworks!
Thread Updated: 2024-02-26
Release Date: 2024-02-26
Unity Developer: Ferdafs
Ren'py Developer: Night Mirror
Censored: No
Version: r3.9
Language: English
Length: 30+ Hours

Genre:

Genre Details:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes / FAQ:
Before asking about a tag please check Genre Details!

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac:
Android:

Update Only
(r3.8P4 -> r3.9): - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

Uncompressed Image Patch:
- MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

32-Bit Patch:
- MEGA - WORKUPLOAD - -

Extras:
Banners - Portuguese* - Español* - Italian* - Russian*

MODS: AI Voices*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1282268 View attachment 1282269 View attachment 1282270 View attachment 1282271 View attachment 1282272 View attachment 1282273 View attachment 1282274 View attachment 1282275 View attachment 1282276 View attachment 1282277 View attachment 1282278 View attachment 1282279 View attachment 1282280 View attachment 1282281 View attachment 1282282 View attachment 1282283 View attachment 1282284 View attachment 1282285 View attachment 1282286 View attachment 1282287 View attachment 1282288 View attachment 1282289 View attachment 1282290 View attachment 1282291 View attachment 1282292 View attachment 1282293 View attachment 2516418 View attachment 2516419 View attachment 2516420 View attachment 2516421
Hey I get infinite loop message on android. And advice so I can play the game?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey I get infinite loop message on android. And advice so I can play the game?
Not enough information. What where you doing when you encountered the error? Can you attached the log and error file(s) (requires a connection to a PC then browse to: "/Internal storage/Android/data/com.nightmirror.rmawh/files/log.txt").

I'll do what I can to help, but my android troubleshooting is very limited as the engine does most of the work.

Reactions: vilewe7570

zenjee

May 8, 2017
Yeah I totally get that it's a pain to hunt own all the mentions of each scene and add a conditional. At the very least. But becaue Morty seems to react ingame to you choosing not to do something that gave me the expectation that his was not just a 'skip' But more like a choice. So it makes after the fact mention of things that never happened seem a bit weird.

This.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
zenjee
Thanks for the feedback! I'll take a look at the lines when I have time and evaluate changes to them.

As I understand implementing such changes would require adding an event tracker and then putting some lines under conditionals here and there. Which doesn't seem like that much of a work to me. But again maybe I'm missing something, I haven't really dealt wtih renpy before.

Though the main reason why dev hesitates with the stuff like that is probably because the original game isn't finished yet, and you don't know what events may come into play later and suddenly become important to the story.
It's not a complex change to implement, so I can most likely make it work. The time consuming aspect is finding the issues in the first place. I don't often replay the game anymore, nor do I spend a lot of extra time outside of updates working on it. That is why I listen to community feedback for issues like these. I can't always promise I can fix them, but I do try.

Future content is tricky, but I'm not too concerned about it in this case. Sure, there could be a call back to this scene in the future, but that is very unlikely. And even if there is, I'm sure there is a way to write around it.

There are also some moments where event trackers already exist but not being utilized as they should.
For example line msl "And this time a hand job isn't gonna cut it." in day 21 should be under the
This line could go either way, as he was still watching, even if he didn't take part.

I'll think about adding a condition to it. But, you can also cut the line in your local file if it bothers you (in fact, you can make any changes to the local rpy files to have whatever you want in them).

(Well I kinda was a little when I found out that nothing was done wtih evil morty stuff, but I guess I'll just have to endure it. Really wish there was an option to just outright bypass his whole arc somehow).
I've gone back and forth about "evil" Morty. I did re-work out one of the potion scenes from the original (so that it isn't potion Morty anymore), and put all the main content with him (and the family) on a single day, instead of spreading it out.

But there are two big issues with "getting rid" of "evil" Morty. First, he is a re-occurring character. That make him much harder to write around in future scenes (maybe impossible). I don't like cutting things out, and this one is a big chunk to cut out.

Second, if I did cut him out, there is a lot of alternate work that would have to be done, and some scenes that just wouldn't make very much sense without him.

Or, in short, it is a BIG story change, that would cause a lot of ripples, and maybe even incompatibility in future scenes. So, even though some people would like to see him go (or other characters go), there isn't a clean way to do that, nor is it a path I personally want to spend a lot of time on.

But who knows, someone could make a mod taking him out.

zenjee

May 8, 2017
I did re-work out one of the potion scenes from the original (so that it isn't potion Morty anymore)
Oh, so you really did it? It's a Morticia scene, right? I played original game long ago but still kinda remembered that scene was supposed to be with him. But I thought maybe it's just a false memory.
There's also a little reference from his day when Morticia says "Oh no, he's drinking that thing that made him act all creepy towards me..." when she sees Morty drink a potion. But before that the only interaction that evil morty had with her was just a little dialogue from where he goes to Tricia and just says "I promise, I'll come back for you too!". So it was probably a callback to that old scene that now don't exist.

Or, in short, it is a BIG story change, that would cause a lot of ripples, and maybe even incompatibility in future scenes. So, even though some people would like to see him go (or other characters go), there isn't a clean way to do that, nor is it a path I personally want to spend a lot of time on.
Yeah, I get it. I spent some time thinking how hard it would be storywise to do something like that. I partially disagree with the "BIG" here. It seems to me that the main problem is still just the fact that his arc hasn't been resolved yet, as far as I know (I didn't finish playing yet).
Because other than that I don't actually think that his existing content is connected to basically any important aspect of a main story, assuming that this game even has one, it's mostly just independant characters arcs combined (but not really) in something resembling an actual plot.

But who knows, someone could make a mod taking him out.
Hell, Maybe I'd even try it myself if I wasn't so lazy. :LOL: Because it really is a fly in the ointment for me.

Last edited:

cxvii

Mar 29, 2022
Got this error when I tried to use my save file from 3.8 pt 4 android to 3.9 pc. I tried to load the scene where morty is done with jessica and are on the bed. Exactly before the disclaimer that its the end of that version.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4457, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1401, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1138, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 368, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 813, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1084, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 895, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Users\marcu\Downloads\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\RMAWH-r3.9-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 813, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Rick and Morty: Another Way Home (r3.9 BETA 1) r3.9
Sun Mar 10 21:47:47 2024

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
just curius(sorry about the spelling) was the scene in the motel thing your work or ferdafs i have an irritating feeling that it was ferdafs since as far as i can tell you are trying to give it an ending

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
just curius(sorry about the spelling) was the scene in the motel thing your work or ferdafs i have an irritating feeling that it was ferdafs since as far as i can tell you are trying to give it an ending
The Motel scene is from the Unity game, Version 3.9 (which released as a new update back on Jan 31st of 2024), so, yes, it is a Ferdafs scene ported over.

I was working on a conclusion for the game (that work is now on hold) because it seemed Ferdafs was done, and I don't want to just abandon players with another unfinished game. If Ferdafs is back, then I plan to continue on the project the way it worked before, bringing over and "enhancing" content, instead of making my own.

You can check out this post if you'd like some more detail on where we go from here.

onlyhereforrmawh

Jan 22, 2024
I know you dont like to make art, so can you collaborate with ferfads? Or get artists to help in the game and draw? Maybe there are some that are willing to do it for free.

• Haha
Reactions: Miloxxx

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I know you dont like to make art, so can you collaborate with ferfads? Or get artists to help in the game and draw? Maybe there are some that are willing to do it for free.
From the FAQ in post #1:
Will you ever team up with Ferdafs?
Short answer, no. Longer answer also probably no. As strange as this may sound, the two games are not really compatible. This is mainly down to two major things. First is the wandering mechanic used in the original game. I'm... not a fan, to be as nice as I can about it, and I think this style inherently hurts the game instead of helping it, so I'm 100% unwilling to reverse course and add it in. Second, is that I have leaned heavily into some themes (incest) that pateron frowns on. And again, I'm unwilling to censor my work.

On top of all that, I'm doing this project for fun, and free. Getting paid for it changing both the expectations and my enjoyment.

Plus, I'm not sure how much people would get out of something like this, it would be a very different dynamic working under someone as opposed to the level of control and communication I current have.
As to collaborating with an Artist, I have for several scenes throughout the game. However, a long term, committed artist, that can also draw on style just hasn't happened, despite several attempts. Sure, it would be great to have a full time artist on the project with me. But so far, I've no luck finding someone that can/wants to give up a large amount of time for free.

• Red Heart
Reactions: onlyhereforrmawh

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
the thing about tricia being pregnant how does that work if we make her take birthcontrol?
Then she won't be. Not even the Devils lube can work it's magic on that girl, she's got friends in high places ;)
(..or was that she got friends that's high :unsure:)

Anyone else getting this error on day 39:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/day_0039.rpy", line 5701, in script
t "You wanna invite [mcs.sum_wild.n.your][mcs.sum_wild.n.other][mcs.sum_wild.n.sister][mcs.sum_wild.n.sum_wild] to join us?"
AttributeError: 'Name_State' object has no attribute 'other'
Removing [mcs.sum_wild.n.other] makes the error go away.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I hope the game can continue more frequently cause this last update is a cliff hanger
Updates are back in Ferdafs hands now. When there are new Unity game versions, there will be new renpy versions. If Ferdafs vanishes again for a long time, I'll re-evaluate. At the moment, I'm not sure when I'll continue the conclusion, for now it is on hold.

the thing about tricia being pregnant how does that work if we make her take birthcontrol?
If you have selected birth control for Tricia, her pregnancy dialogue should not appear. Let me know if you encountered any and I'll correct it in the next update.

Removing [mcs.sum_wild.n.other] makes the error go away.
I'm not sure why this is causing an issue. I mean, I know what the issue is, that ".other" isn't being initialized properly, but when starting a new game, jumping to a day, or loading an existing save, part of the process initializes this variable.

Alternate fix for you, instead of removing it, toggling Wild Summer's incest setting (change it to off or on, then back again), should also resolve the issue.

Perpetr8r

Apr 5, 2023
See I wouldn't really worry about the pregnancy thing for Tricia except that... didn't we first sleep with her like 6 or 7 days ago? Day 33-34 and it's now 39 and she is saying she is pregnant. Don't get me wrong I love the pregnancy stuff but that made me chuckle a little.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes