Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I enjoy this, but why is there no sound? It makes it too quiet. Add some music please, that would be nice.
Why is there no sound?
The original game doesn't have sound, so I would have had to make or source sounds for this game. That is a very major task, like, months of work to go do. And, if I went about including sound I would want the audio to match and be impactful, not just generic background music.

I personally turn off sound in all but a very few VNs, and a lot of people seem to feel the same. So I think my time is better spent on other things.
Edit:
I did find this mod (Universal Music Mod [07-07-22] [Bev_]) a while back. If you really, really need some music in game, you can give it a try.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
A brief progress report for Part 7 (of the conclusion) and other stuff I've been working on for the game.

First, I was hoping to finish up the rest of Part 7 before the end of Aug, and that just isn't in the cards. I've done a bunch of art for it, but there is still more to make. I am slowly chipping away at it, but not as fast as I'd like (which should be some art everyday, but mostly it's been open everything up, looking at it, and saying "I don't want to do this today", before closing it all down).

I haven't started any posing (so characters just have the same neutral expression (or completely blank face)). It (usually) takes me about an hour~ish per 100 lines of dialogue. At the moment, my guess will be 3~4 days of work just to do posing, and I haven't found the drive for it (also, I usually wait for all the art to be ready, and I haven't finished that yet).

So, short version, I'll most likely be working on it next month too. But, as I don't expect an update from Ferdafs this month (or next month), most likely not an issue? If it did drop, I'm sure I could focus down and finish it, but without a deadline, it's been hard to want to devote time to it.

As a reminder, even if I did finish the Part 7 content, I'm still waiting for the release of 4.1 before I put anything out. So until that drops, it isn't a rush.

I also built a neat tool to help myself. When working on the project I maintain 3 versions of it: master, compressed, and patch. I don't re-compress the whole game each time, just the stuff that's changing. Usually, I do this by keeping them all in sync while I'm working on it. Make some new art? Copy that into the compress folder. At the end of the work day, compress, and copy that to Patch and compressed version of the game. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but that's the way I do it.

However, I've been having issues across the last few updates where one or more art files get missed for whatever reason. Sometimes this shows up as an error, sometimes not, making them hard to find if I'm not replaying the whole game every release (which, I haven't played the whole game through in a long time now).

Thus, I built a new tool that does a compare and copy. It looks at names and dates, but not content (because the content is different) and checks to see if the compressed version has all the correct files. Any missing files, it copies from the master into my compress directory, so I can compress and copy them to patch and the compressed game. In short, it makes it MUCH easier to check for missing art files.

I also plan to run this step during my project build (right before upload) against the last released version of the game (to make sure all my files match up). Hopefully this will make missing art assets less likely.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!

Terafugia

Aug 17, 2019
I like the game a lot. But it would be nice to see a pregnancy stream and maybe if one of the women was definitely fertilized.
I heard that some enterprising lads have changed the artwork in the game. They made it so Beth and Summer now look to be suffering from both obesity and 'long-term covid'. That might be right up your alley - so to your speak.

Reactions: Bigbrownboob

ElSayed

Jun 24, 2017
A brief progress report for Part 7 (of the conclusion) and other stuff I've been working on for the game.

First, I was hoping to finish up the rest of Part 7 before the end of Aug, and that just isn't in the cards. I've done a bunch of art for it, but there is still more to make. I am slowly chipping away at it, but not as fast as I'd like (which should be some art everyday, but mostly it's been open everything up, looking at it, and saying "I don't want to do this today", before closing it all down).

I haven't started any posing (so characters just have the same neutral expression (or completely blank face)). It (usually) takes me about an hour~ish per 100 lines of dialogue. At the moment, my guess will be 3~4 days of work just to do posing, and I haven't found the drive for it (also, I usually wait for all the art to be ready, and I haven't finished that yet).

So, short version, I'll most likely be working on it next month too. But, as I don't expect an update from Ferdafs this month (or next month), most likely not an issue? If it did drop, I'm sure I could focus down and finish it, but without a deadline, it's been hard to want to devote time to it.

As a reminder, even if I did finish the Part 7 content, I'm still waiting for the release of 4.1 before I put anything out. So until that drops, it isn't a rush.

I also built a neat tool to help myself. When working on the project I maintain 3 versions of it: master, compressed, and patch. I don't re-compress the whole game each time, just the stuff that's changing. Usually, I do this by keeping them all in sync while I'm working on it. Make some new art? Copy that into the compress folder. At the end of the work day, compress, and copy that to Patch and compressed version of the game. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but that's the way I do it.

However, I've been having issues across the last few updates where one or more art files get missed for whatever reason. Sometimes this shows up as an error, sometimes not, making them hard to find if I'm not replaying the whole game every release (which, I haven't played the whole game through in a long time now).

Thus, I built a new tool that does a compare and copy. It looks at names and dates, but not content (because the content is different) and checks to see if the compressed version has all the correct files. Any missing files, it copies from the master into my compress directory, so I can compress and copy them to patch and the compressed game. In short, it makes it MUCH easier to check for missing art files.

I also plan to run this step during my project build (right before upload) against the last released version of the game (to make sure all my files match up). Hopefully this will make missing art assets less likely.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!
is the update only for the normal build or the uncompressed version .. sorry, i just need to know what to download for the next updates

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
is the update only for the normal build or the uncompressed version .. sorry, i just need to know what to download for the next updates
All new content (mine and Ferdafs) will be in all downloads for this game.

The main download (sorted by system version) contains everything, renpy engine, game files, art, etc... This version of the game is always compressed, slightly lower quality images for major space savings (~250MB compressed vs ~2GB uncompressed).

The "update only" assumes you have the previous major release of the game (so, for version r4.1 (which will be the next version (whenever Ferdafs puts out the Unity content)), if you want to use only the update patch, you'll have to have previously downloaded r4.0 (or have all patch files up to that version)). This is meant to be as small as possible, so it too is compressed.

Lastly, the "uncompressed image patch" is ONLY for THAT release of the game, and contains ONLY the uncompressed image files. No engine, no script, no game. Just images.

Most games do this in reverse. The main game is the uncompressed version, then they have a compressed version (usually hidden somewhere in the thread, and frustratingly hard to find).

The main reason I do it "backwards" is three fold:

1). I'm doing the compression, while most other games, someone on this forum is making the compression, not the game dev.
2). Uncompressed, the game is too big to unpack on most android devices. So I'd have to make and test a special different android only version of the game.(I still might have to do this at some point if the game keeps growing...)
3). My upload speed is not good. To upload the PC/Linux, Mac, and Android versions of the game to 3 different sites (the minimum number recommended by f95zone), takes me almost my whole day. Not even counting the uncompressed images.

So, the main version is small. If someone wants higher quality images, they can afford overwriting the small 250mb file with the 2GB one. If you don't care about quality, the main download (or the update only patch if you have r4.0) is good enough and will get you all the content.

Edit:
With the big asterisk for "my content" being that I actually finish that new content by the time Ferdafs put out the next release. If it isn't ready, that is another topic that I'm sure I'll ramble on about it...

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes