checklist

Nov 20, 2017
People really want to read MTL visual novels? I can sort of understand with titles with gameplay, but what value does a release like this provide? For those who actually enjoy reading MTL, couldn't you just play the JP versions with a text hooker and not be limited to the titles someone chooses to package with an MTL?
I'm a part of the target audience so I can answer. I read very fast, so when I MTL on my own, I have to wait a solid 1-2 seconds on every text box while I wait for google/sugoi/deepl/whatever to get back to me. The experience MTL'ing on the fly is bad if you read at a fast pace. A 4-hour VN can easily double into an 8-hour one at these speeds.

If I could, I would happily process entire scripts ahead of time even if it took hours to do so. I'd even sacrifice MTL-quality. That way when I do eventually read them, its a seamless read aside from MTL jank which is usually easy enough to fix in my head.

AFAIK, nobody has an easy way to do this for visual novels like they do for RPGmaker games. So, unless someone does something like OP did, I usually won't bother reading visual novels unless something really catches me.

I appreciate MTL patches like this, simply because that while I could get the same translation on my own, this one doesn't have built-in delay.

Reactions: sanahtlig

Garouzar

Nov 27, 2022
I'm a part of the target audience so I can answer. I read very fast, so when I MTL on my own, I have to wait a solid 1-2 seconds on every text box while I wait for google/sugoi/deepl/whatever to get back to me. The experience MTL'ing on the fly is bad if you read at a fast pace. A 4-hour VN can easily double into an 8-hour one at these speeds.

If I could, I would happily process entire scripts ahead of time even if it took hours to do so. I'd even sacrifice MTL-quality. That way when I do eventually read them, its a seamless read aside from MTL jank which is usually easy enough to fix in my head.

AFAIK, nobody has an easy way to do this for visual novels like they do for RPGmaker games. So, unless someone does something like OP did, I usually won't bother reading visual novels unless something really catches me.

I appreciate MTL patches like this, simply because that while I could get the same translation on my own, this one doesn't have built-in delay.
could you perhaps fix the translation? i'm not joking for non native english speak, my english become bad just because reading the mtl. it sound unlogical but it happens

checklist

Nov 20, 2017
could you perhaps fix the translation? i'm not joking for non native english speak, my english become bad just because reading the mtl. it sound unlogical but it happens
Not sure if serious but no. Localization in my head is easy and instant but doing the process for others is to much when I'm already behind on my own writing

For real, if it were my example and everyone could easily pre-MTL entire scripts, I'd probably just tell you to feed the new script back into chatGPT and have it proofread everything. I'm sure more would be lost in the extra game of telephone but its probably an overall better experience

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
It would be real beneficial for people playing the game if the options and controls were translated.
The options at the very least should be so people know what they are clicking or selecting in the game.

Reactions: sergyo_ml

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
People really want to read MTL visual novels? I can sort of understand with titles with gameplay, but what value does a release like this provide? For those who actually enjoy reading MTL, couldn't you just play the JP versions with a text hooker and not be limited to the titles someone chooses to package with an MTL?
what is the point of game if it is censored i dont understand
censored games should be banned. who the hell wants this?
how people enjoy mtl ? it kills the mood
no ones asking you to download censored games...
I cannot believe this VN is from 2017. This shit genuinely looks like something from 2007.
ITT: Average people clash with japanophiles.

• Haha
Reactions: DracoBorealis

tagraves15

Dec 27, 2021
I tried to play this game, but it was too hard to follow. The menu is all in Japanese (which I navigated around because of a rudimentary understanding of hiragana/katakana), but the translation is horrendous. The pronouns for who was speaking to whom and everything was a mess. Hers were mixed up with hims and she and he were mixed up with me. MC (or Kazuki?) has a vagina and a penis, according to his dialogue lol.

But this game is weird even besides that -- this guy watched a video of his wife giving a boobjob and MISTOOK SOMEONE ELSE'S PENIS for his own????? I call straight fucking cap lmao. I can pick my penis out of a lineup no problem, so there's no way he thought that guy's dick was his own. I gave this game a chance until I got to the bathroom scene while the husband is out drinking with his boss, and then I gave up. This guy basically watched video of his neighbor raping his wife, and just thanks him for "safely bringing her home"? GTFOH! That man would be buried alive he did that to my wife. So, yeah, I guess if you like your partner to be stolen from you by a rapist because she has some weird form of Stockholm Syndrome, this game is for you.

It reminds me of "A Promise Best Left Unkept," in that the Dev(s)/Author(s) of both games ask you to suspend your disbelief of the dumbest possible male character having blinders on about his female LI while she gets corrupted into being a cumslut for some alpha male douchebag. But at least that game had animations, and IIRC there was a path to hook up with another girl?

Zen0F1r5t

Mar 13, 2018
I don't get Japanese NTR. There's a lot of way the story can go but the MC (male lead) always on the cucking side and they always end the story with the MC getting cuck and that's it. If they actually make a DLC/sequel where the male lead can get on his life and focus on something else (whether its his turn to cuck somebody else or getting consumed by his revenge) because dammit, at this point I feel like there's no different way an NTR game will end (same old storyline).

Despite my ranting, I don't think any developer will do what I wrote as long as there's no market for it, if there is even a market for it.

Note: Don't think too much on this comment. It's just a hope for a better quality of a game.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes