RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
No, the next update will be ep5 with all new content.
This update was needed at to fix code and add features and build a foundation for the rest of the game, better now than later.
I know people are complaining, and that's fine. No one likes remasters but this is more than just remastering old art. A lot has been done. I recommend that people play it before complaining, but I guess it wouldn't be the internet without that. :KEK: People can wait for the next update if they want. I have no problem with that. But I recommend giving it a shot Randy. There's some great stuff in this update. :cool:
People complain because of: %90 of DEV's doing remasters for milking more money from players, can't find anything to write for next chapters etc. And generaly those games got abondaned after some time. And losing save files is something annoying as well. Honestly I'm person who save a lot and if I don't remember wrong I have 200 save or something... So it's going to be a lot annoying for me. I understand code problems and hoping you are inside of %10 and love your game, so anyways good day and thanks for answer.

May 20, 2020
I'm starting to fear for this game as they will constantly get new expirience so they will make remake of ep1 2 3 etc again and again to make it better and better and at the end the game never meet it's end of the lane with fully release just constant polish of old content ?

JoeTheMC84 the thing is game wasn't broken at all, it's just REMASTER not repair or anything like that
Agreed, some stuff will have to be earmarked as post release fixes, however that's all up to Jestur on fix priorities.

A long long time ago David Hewitt who is probably best known as Rodney McKay from Stargate Tv shows once had a video where he essentially said Perfect is the killer of great. You can have something great, but if you're always striving for perfection no one will ever see your great thing, and the great thing will die.

Reactions: Duergh and Luder23

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
by that point the people that stuck around are the ones that don't mind.
indeed.. and its a long road but each release is worthwhile.. remastered or not.. which is the point im making to NoxLaw It is the dev at the end of the day who makes these calls.. its there baby.. unless your a big time financial supporter then it shouldnt matter wether you get a remaster.. a reboot or a new chapter.. or whatever that new genre terms is.. Re-Quel... at least the dev isnt sat on their ass doing nothing and as a FREE downloader here just be greatful for whatever you get.. If remastering the titles early content makes the project feel more in tune with the original vision for the narrative then go for it..

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Ep 1 remaster? Do we still have the other episodes or is everything getting scrapped? Ive played too many games recently that went the rework/remaster route from the very beginning throwing years of updates out the window.
i belive nothing was scraped (meaby some dialogs or something like that) it's just remaster of old episode and keeping the rest intact. But can't say for sure as i didn't plan to dl it to check what exacly changed.

Badjourasmix Seems we are reading different topics cous all i see was rather cywilic discusion rather then cry but sure, whatever u say...

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
there obviously forgetting top creators like Oceanlabs (summer gone) has been doing it for ages.. its just nit picking as usual
So what's your point? Some people are doing it and that means it is okay?

By same logic we could also argue that: Some people are murdering other people and that means it is okay for us to do the same.

PS: I dont really care about remaster, but I dislike your logic.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
People complain because of: %90 of DEV's doing remasters for milking more money from players, can't find anything to write for next chapters etc. And generaly those games got abondaned after some time. And losing save files is something annoying as well. Honestly I'm person who save a lot and if I don't remember wrong I have 200 save or something... So it's going to be a lot annoying for me. I understand code problems and hoping you are inside of %10 and love your game, so anyways good day and thanks for answer.
There are a few exceptions but most games get abandoned because they don't get enough support on patreon or subscribestar. Are remasters/reworks annoying? Yeah but even AAA games go through massive changes during development. The milking meme has become really cringe.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Ep 1 remaster? Do we still have the other episodes or is everything getting scrapped? Ive played too many games recently that went the rework/remaster route from the very beginning throwing years of updates out the window.
No episodes were scrapped or will be. Just new features, new art, remastered art, new code, new UI, some scenes were extented and/or rewritten, and a couple of new scenes. The original ep1 only like 1100 renders, this has 1500+ so there's new stuff to enjoy. I hope you enjoy it. I worked hard on this update.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
No episodes were scrapped or will be. Just new features, new art, remastered art, new code, new UI, some scenes were extented and/or rewritten, and a couple of new scenes. The original ep1 only like 1100 renders, this has 1500+ so there's new stuff to enjoy. I hope you enjoy it. I worked hard on this update.
I think what many of the people here are forgetting is that as a dev the FIRST things you read in any title are more often than not what influences wether your going to invest time reading the VN.. much like a book or movie.. hell the same applies to music.. Those first moments when you get into a story or tune decide wether your going to stick with it or in the case of most vns delete it to waste basket.. As a creator its in yours and others devs interest to make that opening as good as possible and if you aint happy with stuff you did.. change it.. fuck i mean George Lucas did it so many times and look at the heat he got for it lol.. End of the day you have a great title that you wanna 'sell' to people so working on that initial opinion grabbing chapter is a must.. chill and try to tune out the haters..

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Sometimes remasters can greatly enhance the experience, either the dev gained skills, or some ideas he had not thought of before mandate some new variables/branches/paths, and you need to lay the groundwork for that.

Another game, excuse me for mentioning another game here, Shut Up And Dance, immensely benefited from the remaster (here it was mostly because the renders were pretty bad in the first version and the remaster is on a different level altogether), remasters are not always about milking or getting lazy. And the remaster process works beautifully for Shut Up And Dance. I have confidence it will be the same here, especially since only Ep 1 required intensive rework, not 6 chapters like in Shut Up And Dance.

I am certainly looking forward to replaying Ripples this weekend. If an already excellent game is even better with a reworked Ep 1 I am all for it.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
The game uses a realtime renderer, so hardware is irrelevant.
The thing that takes up time is setting up poses and animations (when not reusing stock ones).
Its using Honey Select isnt it? or maybe now HS2 with the new upgrades.. either way far better that doing it in daz studio.. even i've considered the change in tools after seeing that it can be done easier, even if as you said manual posing can be a pain

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I've been watching this thread since MxR featured the game and the entire time it's been known that this release was going to be a remaster. That whole time I don't think I saw a single complaint until now when it finally dropped. What's up with that?
I think there's a certain overlap between people who don't even bother to read the current page and people who just don't like reworking existing content.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes