ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
during the bathroom scene with Krystal ... theres alot of missing images ... it maybe due to me downloading the patch .. idk ... help :)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok i got this error ... should i just redownload everything again ???

While parsing E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\game/scripts/e1s1.rpy.
Exception: Line with id ep1sc10_c5abf739 appeared twice, at game/scripts/e1s1.rpy:5621 and game/scripts/e1s10.rpy:16.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "E:\storage\Ripples-0.4.5-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id ep1sc10_c5abf739 appeared twice, at game/scripts/e1s1.rpy:5621 and game/scripts/e1s10.rpy:16.

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Ripples 0.4.5
Fri Aug 26 17:29:58 2022

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
during the bathroom scene with Krystal ... theres alot of missing images ... it maybe due to me downloading the patch .. idk ... help :)
I just finished it with patch, i had no issue i almost do not dare ask :) did you use the updated patch.

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
Yay, I can finally start playing this game after waiting for this Ep1 remaster to release. I only played a little bit of it to see if it was worth waiting for, so I know what to expect and knew I should wait so I could enjoy it to it's fullest potential. So I'm quite eager.

Reactions: McGreed

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Definitely looking forward to trying out the remaster. Just a quick thing though.

Are the other episodes going to be getting the same treatment as well? Just wondering if I should stop after the first episode and wait for the other episodes to get remastered first or not. Probably make a save after the first episode so it's ready for the next episode remaster.

Or are new episodes going to be coming out in between remasters?

Aug 15, 2021
No, the next update will be ep5 with all new content.
This update was needed at to fix code and add features and build a foundation for the rest of the game, better now than later.
I know people are complaining, and that's fine. No one likes remasters but this is more than just remastering old art. A lot has been done. I recommend that people play it before complaining, but I guess it wouldn't be the internet without that. :KEK: People can wait for the next update if they want. I have no problem with that. But I recommend giving it a shot Randy. There's some great stuff in this update. :cool:
I dont know much about this particular game and the reasons you are giving sound reasonable to me however I just want to say that people complain about remasters for a good reason. From my perspective most remasters are a huge red flag. When I see a game getting remastered several times, I start questioning if the developer had a strong vision for the game to begin with which plays a huge role in whether or not I decide to support a game financially. Sometimes remasters are done for a good reason but there are several games where the dev time spent simply does not justify the value it provides and it might be a better option to just move on and apply your learnings to the next game. The other factor you need to consider is being respectful about people's time - many people have already gone through the content that was remastered and there is a very big difference between going through a new story the first time vs going through the same story again except with slightly better renders. Anytime I play a game that was remastered, it is simply not worth the time for me personally to go through the same shit again no matter how much I like the game - I just skip through it so the remaster does not provide any value to me or other players think the same way I do.

Thats not to say remasters should never be done - if you are doing a steam release where you expect a large increase of first time players or if you were garbage at programming when you started developing the game and have become better since then (and the remaster will result in faster updates because of improved code), remasters might be worth considering however it is still a tradeoff as it can provide very little value to many existing players.

This is not my opinion about your game or this remaster specifically - like I said I have not played it and the reasons you gave (ie building a better foundation) sound reasonable for me (and as a first time player the remaster will change how I experience the game). But this is my opinion on remasters in general as a response to your comment about people complaining.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 294 Votes