Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
So. Anyone mention the oddity of how Darci's hand size before and after the animation of her rubbing your thigh at the start of the game?
Its like during the animation her hand is tiny, but before and after, they be chonky fingers...

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
The patch from Aech01 on the page 161 works perfectly, even changes Tiffany to mother and Jessica to sister on the phone.
ye it fixed some things for me but not the scene with Daphne where we talk about Jessica being our sister

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
yeah the original author also said that a new game is needed, but what do you mean with mostly?
Did the incest patch missed a line? since im sure i ported every change from the Ipatch over to the WT.
I didn't look through all of the script myself (just compared the differences) but if you can show me the lines that were wrong/missing i can add that
only one i noticed was the Daphne scene when talking about Jessica (which you've probably updated by now according to ur other comment)

tedred

Dec 18, 2018
Well, I could bring down the animations to 30fps(lots of games do 30fps, especially Daz games) and drop the bitrate down to cater to lower-end hardware, but I like the high-quality animations. :cry: So I don't know if I want to change them. I'll try to drop the quality just a bit on the longer videos going forward and see if that helps.
Or just make a lite version of the game. I don't know.
So I did a google search and found that someone else had trouble with frame rate of VP9 encoded webm animations in Renpy version 8.0.2, but the same animation encoded with VP8 worked fine.

Since I'm one of those affected by choppy animations, although not all of them, I did a quick test and encoded the animations that gave me trouble from VP9 to VP8, and now they work just fine and run smooth. I haven't played through the entire game yet but so far it seems to have solved the problem.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
So I did a google search and found that someone else had trouble with frame rate of VP9 encoded webm animations in Renpy version 8.0.2, but the same animation encoded with VP8 worked fine.

Since I'm one of those affected by choppy animations, although not all of them, I did a quick test and encoded the animations that gave me trouble from VP9 to VP8, and now they work just fine and run smooth. I haven't played through the entire game yet but so far it seems to have solved the problem.
I know VP8 works better for android but didn't know there were problems with VP9 with the new Ren'py update. I'll have to think about converting them all to VP8. I would have to do some testing on my end (don't worry, I believe you) and it will take a while to reencode 400 animations. The only problem with switching from VP9 is VP8 has a bigger file size, so it would make the game bigger.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dunner and Deejeey

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I know VP8 works better for android but didn't know there were problems with VP9 with the new Ren'py update. I'll have to think about converting them all to VP8. I would have to do some testing on my end (don't worry, I believe you) and it will take a while to reencode 400 animations. The only problem with switching from VP9 is VP8 has a bigger file size, so it would make the game bigger.
Well it's just a bit shy of 4.5gb at the moment so that's not exactly outrageous, any idea how big it'll end up being? Either way it's not like it matters much to me since I have unlimited bandwidth and the animations run just fine, but I suspect some download-limited folks might throw a hissy fit.

tedred

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for testing!

I really don't want to fire up my i9 rig with a 500W RTX 3090 in order to play a Renpy game...
Every Renpy game I've ever played ran fine on an AMD 5600 with a GTX 1080 card. Even the ones with HD video.

When you develop any kind of software, you have to take into consideration the users and the average systems they may be using.
Don't take your beefed up production machine as the standard.
Users want to have fun playing, not producing a product on their rig.
No problem.

It seems to me that the problem at least for me is the new RenPy version and VP9 encoding since animations in later episodes that previously ran fine in version 4.1 (older RenPy build) of the game now runs choppy. For example in episode 2 the making out animation in the bathroom stall with Khloe and Jenny or when MCs dad is sucked into the wall.

As far as I know those animations haven't been remastered, and I tried out swapping the webm animations between the new version and the old version just in case with the same result, the animations in version 4.1 ran smoothly whichever webm files I had in the Video folder and they're all encoded VP9.

tedred

Dec 18, 2018
Yeah I'm not sure what the problem might be as some of the animations ran just fine in the new version before re-encoding to VP8 while others didn't.

Keep in mind I haven't played through the entire game yet just tested out some of the animations that lagged for me so I can't say for sure that re-encoding is the solution since the VP9 encoding worked just fine in the 4.1 version (older Ren'py build).

choaklee

Jan 31, 2020
Yeah I'm not sure what the problem might be as some of the animations ran just fine in the new version before re-encoding to VP8 while others didn't.

Keep in mind I haven't played through the entire game yet just tested out some of the animations that lagged for me so I can't say for sure that re-encoding is the solution since the VP9 encoding worked just fine in the 4.1 version (older Ren'py build).
Just as reference. I have played 4.5 episode 2 and these animations are still very laggy, which didn't happen to me when I was playing the game via 4.1.

My graphic card is GTX1060, it is not very new, but I don't think it is considered out of date today.

Dec 20, 2020
Since I had to start the game over, and am not that far into it yet, I will say one thing: Jumping jacks are the greatest exercise EVER!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Are you really so unhappy with your own life that you have to ruin other people's minor moments of joy?
It was going to be simple jello jiggling, but I couldn't find a .gif with a double, only singles. Then I saw that and wasn't going to be the only one having my eyes assaulted.

Also: you didn't have to look. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Tavi13

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
I'm curious, why did you change the job Skylar had? If I remember correctly, didn't she work at a marijuana dispensary and now she's at a bakery.
Curious about this myself. MC and Skylar still talk about how marijuana is legal where they are now so the dev didn't change that aspect of things. I wonder if her working at a dispensary was causing Patreon problems or something? Having one of the characters be a "drug dealer" maybe causing potential issues? I'm not sure if that's a rule they have or not but if it's not a Patreon rules change then I don't know why else this would need to be switched, it's not like Skylar's place of employment is a major plot point at this stage.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
It was nice to play this again from the start, but I wish there would have been some new content as well.
Once again, I was amazed how gorgeous all girls in it are.

btw. this typo survived remaster round also.
typo.jpg

Reactions: Jestur

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
So if Jackie is Jenny, that would make Darci's mom, Giulia right? Damn I somehow hope in endgame, if theres a harem route, Jenny will be able to be her younger self/present Tiffany's age (so a MILF instead of GILF, nothing against them she'll just die of old age before MC :()

If the second round of time travel actually caused her to survive, hopefully Darci doesnt disappear (and endgame lets somehow younger/milf version of Jenny/Jackie (if theyre the same person) exist at the same time as Darci.

Tho the Shit Ninja also possibly being an older (hopefully MILF but thats just personal preference heh) version of Darci, brings about a whole other set of variables in terms of harem girls lol

I really hope Jestur will give a satisfying, non-bittersweet ending, I'd prefer my liquids to come out of my lower half and not my eyes thank you very much :HideThePain:

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes