JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
So, the entire game will be redone or just the initial portions? Because towards the end the renders are quite good
Only the start has a full rework. Other scene may get tweaked later but it will be done alongside new content and not change any code or such.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
I managed to unren the game and played the animations through vlc, they run fine, the cpu does not even wake up, so no idea why it is so choppy ingame

Reactions: Joshua90

TC_Leon45

Jul 21, 2017
I think we have to replay it from the start, since the remastered one cannot load saves from older versions. For better gaming experience, it's fine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

georsak

May 15, 2021
So the animations are just videos? Then its weird that they lag.
It has happened in a few other games too. As I understand it, each scene is made of several animations/videos. Sometimes the dev forgets to code an order for each video to stop playing before the next one starts, resulting in mutiple videos playing at the same time. In high-end systems that's not a problem, but in more mediocre setups the cpu/memory is overwhelmed, so we have lagging.
I don't know if that's the case here.
Perhaps someone in the know could look into it? I sure as hell cannot

Reactions: starkj

starkj

May 17, 2022
It has happened in a few other games too. As I understand it, each scene is made of several animations/videos. Sometimes the dev forgets to code an order for each video to stop playing before the next one starts, resulting in mutiple videos playing at the same time. In high-end systems that's not a problem, but in more mediocre setups the cpu/memory is overwhelmed, so we have lagging.
Its possible because like i said before, i play VN's on both laptop and gaming desktop, desktop runs perfectly fine but this game on my laptop, some animations lag like crazy.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
I managed to unren the game and played the animations through vlc, they run fine, the cpu does not even wake up, so no idea why it is so choppy ingame
That's because Renpy isn't a video player. It doesn't use hardware to play the video like VLC does, it does everything in software. That's why it has trouble. It wasn't meant for that. Us developers are pushing Renpy to the limits of what it was meant for. That's how it was explained to me, at least.

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Overlapping videos playing at the same time can be the case, but I stop(or hide) all videos before playing the next one. I only caught one instance in the remaster where I forgot to hide one, but it's fixed now. Renpy just isn't the best video player and it decodes the videos using software instead of hardware. That's why it struggles on lower-end machines.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
That's because Renpy isn't a video player. It doesn't use hardware to play the video like VLC does, it does everything in software. That's why it has trouble. It wasn't meant for that. Us developers are pushing Renpy to the limits of what it was meant for. That's how it was explained to me, at least.
Damn is this why some devs are starting to move to Godot? I wonder if there's ever gonna be a major platform shift and we'll suddenly start to see a different engine being more mainstream for AVNs than Renpy

• Thinking Face
Reactions: notBatman747

d3nial1

Jun 16, 2019
Is only the first episode remastered as the title says? Should I pause after the travel thingy and wait for EP2 remastered?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Is only the first episode remastered as the title says? Should I pause after the travel thingy and wait for EP2 remastered?
Only the first, and something of the 2nd chapter, the next update will be the 5th chapter. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HanBoston

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Some missing notifications for the phone aside, i really liked the remastered parts of the story. :) Nothing feels rushed, everything fits nicely. Well done, Jestur! (y)

Does anyone have an idea what's the deal with daphne's sudden death if you put in specific names for the mc?

• Haha
Reactions: Jestur

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Some missing notifications for the phone aside, i really liked the remastered parts of the story. :) Nothing feels rushed, everything fits nicely. Well done, Jestur! (y)

Does anyone have an idea what's the deal with daphne's sudden death if you put in specific names for the mc?
As long as your name isn't Trumbo, then you're good to go. :LUL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 294 Votes