Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
The walkthrough is out of date and does not reflect the changes made in the recent Chapter 1 rework where some options were changed or outright removed. Chapter 2 onwards should be correct, however.
Do you think this walkthrough is up to date and will give you everything?

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
Not caught up to the latest version, but I keep waiting for the MC to get frustrated, go back to her and just shout " Why won't you stay away from the power plant that you die at? It's bad enough that the accident killed my Dad, but does it have to kill you too?" and then have something like that be the catalyst for him telling her where he goes and why he can't answer the phone.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Not caught up to the latest version, but I keep waiting for the MC to get frustrated, go back to her and just shout " Why won't you stay away from the power plant that you die at? It's bad enough that the accident killed my Dad, but does it have to kill you too?" and then have something like that be the catalyst for him telling her where he goes and why he can't answer the phone.
Yes, but that would violate Time Travel Rule #7 for stories... The traveler can never reveal he's a time traveler if it inconveniences and/or resolve the plot ;) J/K, there are legit reasons, but man, some Time travel shows / games, it's like "This would FIX all your problems, dude!!"

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Yeah, but who would believe him?
You can't even get Darci to believe it, and she has been his bestie forever. No way Auntie is going to believe him.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, but who would believe him?
You can't even get Darci to believe it, and she has been his bestie forever. No way Auntie is going to believe him.
Certainly no silver bullet, but he does have things/knowledge His new phone, events that will happen in the near future, plus personal details that he got asking about her in the present that would help support his story. It would be enough to get her to at least consider it. But at the same time could change things for the worse. Which I think is what the MC is afraid of

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Is this walkthrough up to date and will give you everything?

Don't know about the Mejoress one but there is a pdf file included in the DL called "Ripples_Walkthrough_-_EP_1_Remaster". It's incorrectly labeled and has everything up to the end of the current version.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
he does have things/knowledge His new phone, events that will happen in the near future, plus personal details
Maybe, but I doubt it would be enough. The knowledge of future events might be enough to make her consider it, if/when they happen, but thats it. If I remember correctly the future phone doesn't work, so it just looks like some fancy tech toy, and any stalker can find personal details about someone.

Which I think is what the MC is afraid of

Agreed 100%.

He might also be worried that about the old paradox that people would cause bad events to still happen, because they try and avoid them. That is even discussed a bit when he is discussing fixed points with The Mysterious Stranger. Yes, until we have a name for him, it has to be said that way....complete with caps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew Anderson

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Don't know about the Mejoress one but there is a pdf file included in the DL called "Ripples_Walkthrough_-_EP_1_Remaster". It's incorrectly labeled and has everything up to the end of the current version.
I looked and I can't find it anywhere

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022
Is this what you are meaning? If so no it is not updated. I have been using it and with some of the deals it gives you to click for your answer it doesn't match up

Feb 2, 2020
Oh hell yeah, I was replaying the game and just noticed the TOOL references, "Wrench", "wear a grudge like a crown", "Pneuma road". Can't say I was expecting that

Draco6393

Apr 16, 2022

Streetlight

Sep 19, 2021
Have been playing this game for a short while now and have to say 'i am loving it'
The characters are good and well defined. The story is solid and interesting with enough aspects to keep you engaged.
It incorporates a good level of humor, which is refreshing (actually laughed out loud several times)
Renders are good and plentiful. Some are most definitely satisfying my visual appetite.

Oh, and Darci. What can I say about her. Serve for breakfast, lunch and evening meal....

Ripples - Super star rating all round

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The videos seem to use a lot of CPU on decode/playback. Free up more CPU by closing your browser in particular plus anything else that's eating up cycles. Of course if your CPU is shitty enough, like mine, that won't be enough.

In which case transcode the videos to 30 FPS - VP8 - lower bitrate *.webms (also convert the 10-bit color videos) or . I may have been chasing some double animations so the quality level & bitrate could likely be a bit higher (depending on CPU).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations

Download (756 meg)

SHA256:
66a7f238dba4a7788be937304d3d994b24f4c995ebea9bd228ee0caf4d8dbac8 30fps_low-br.zip
Question: Is this something that will work with any Renpy game or is this made specifically for Ripples.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
It's been a while now since I played but I felt like coming here again to say that Jestur is absolutely incredible, and I can't understand why Ripples isn't mentioned in the same conversations recommending Being a DIK, Eternum, and Summer's Gone

It does something distinct from all those, the writing is exquisite, and the pop/nerd culture references are clearly done for a purpose, not just for humor or indulgence

Jestur could be a traditional writer so I'm grateful we have him here making visual novels instead :)

4.80 star(s) 290 Votes