ledha

Jul 12, 2019
I'm downloading the 4.6, after playing the previous versions

Do i have to redownload and put the incest patch in it ?

edit : wait, it seems to be 4.5 and i can't start from where i stopped 4.1 what did i missed ?

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm downloading the 4.6, after playing the previous versions

Do i have to redownload and put the incest patch in it ?

edit : wait, it seems to be 4.5 and i can't start from where i stopped 4.1 what did i missed ?
That Jestur forgot to change the file-name and that the 4.6 file with the 4.5 folder is the correct 4.6 game; that you always have to add the patch for each new download; and that it clearly states on the main post that you have to start a new game due to the rebuild of Chap. 1 (and maybe he upgraded to Renpy 8?).

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017

Hello Patrons!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day (or night). I also hope you all enjoyed the ep1 remaster. I know a lot of people wanted a new episode instead, but now that you have all played, maybe you can see some of my reasoning for doing it. Also, all the under-the-hood coding that no one will ever see. And now that we have that out of the way, it's time for episode 5! Personally, I'm really excited for this episode but we'll talk more about that in a minute. First, I want to thank you all for becoming a patron and say welcome to all the new patrons! Without you guys, I would probably be back working in IT, but now that Ripples has almost 900 patrons, I'm not that worried about continuing to work on this project full-time. That's right, almost 900 patrons across all platforms! Not to mention all the donations on Itch. It's hard for me to believe we're at almost 900 patrons. It's unreal. So I just wanted to thank you all one more time for your support. It really means a lot to me.

Okay, about episode 5. I'm really excited about episode 5. It's going to be a big update with lots of content. There will be more questions answered, a lot more character development, and the most of amount of gallery scenes than in any other episode. It's a jam-packed episode that going to bring us into the more important and more serious episode 6. These next two episodes will definitely be the best episodes so far in the story and I'm excited to bring them to life.

So after the public update came out, I took a much-needed break for a week or two. Played some video games, tried my hand at Daz renders, and relaxed a little, but in the past week or two, I have been writing and doing all the dialogue and coding and getting things ready for episode 5. So most of the progress is behind-the-scenes stuff. I did get started doing some renders and I'm about a quarter done with the first scene. Which is a really big scene. When I get more renders done I post some previews to the queen tier, but that's about it for now. Thanks again for the support!

- Jestur

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Question: Is this something that will work with any Renpy game or is this made specifically for Ripples.
The concept is game agnostic, the ffmpeg commands are Ripples biased and the 30 FPS - reduced bitrate animations are obviously Ripples specific.

Closing other programs/background tasks are the easiest and first thing to try. If your CPU still isn't up to the task then you can go the transcode route.

The less pixels per frame per second the easier it is to decode. E.G. 60 FPS -> 30 FPS you only have to deal with 50% of the video frames.
Using a lower quality setting and/or lower bitrate make for easier to decode (less CPU) frames.
The other thing, which I didn't do here, is to downscale the video stream to a lower resolution. E.G. 4k videos require processing way more pixels at a higher bitrate then 1080p ones. Even downscaling a 1920x1080 video to 1280x720 makes it significantly easier to decode.

Between the two vp8 videos reliably use less CPU but result in larger file size and/or lower visual quality compared to vp9 videos with similar settings.

Reactions: Elhemeer
Jun 6, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
???
No exact dates are given for when Tiffany and Steven (Jessica and MC's dad) met, as far as I recall. The only dates we have are the ones of the past (20 years ago), and present. And Tiffany being pregnant 20 years ago, lines up with Jessica being 19.

We also mostly know for a "fact" that Jessica and MC share the same dad, because they seem to have shared memories of him. No mentions of "different dads". It also kind of rules out the "MC is his own father" theory, at least for now, seeing as we haven't gone further back BEFORE Tiffany got pregnant. But that can obviously still change.

I guess it is possible that Steven just adopted Jessica, and that's why Eric is never mentioned as the dad. But I somehow doubt it, as that'd make both Tiffany and Steven liars. As it stands, we really have no real reason to doubt what we've been told so far.

It's still very much a possibility that MC is the father of most of the girls he interacts with in present day, though. :p

Last edited:

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
???
No exact dates are given for when Tiffany and Steven (Jessica and MC's dad) met, as far as I recall. The only dates we have are the ones of the past (20 years ago), and present. And Tiffany being pregnant 20 years ago, lines up with Jessica being 19.

We also mostly know for a "fact" that Jessica and MC share the same dad, because they seem to have shared memories of him. No mentions of "different dads". It also kind of rules out the "MC is his own father" theory, at least for now, seeing as we haven't gone further back BEFORE Tiffany got pregnant. But that can obviously still change.

I guess it is possible that Steven just adopted Jessica, and that's why Eric is never mentioned as the dad. But I somehow doubt it, as that'd make both Tiffany and Steven liars. As it stands, we really have no real reason to doubt what we've been told so far.

It's still very much a possibility that MC is the father of most of the girls he interacts with in present day, though. :p
This discussion set me off on a search for relevant information. Here's my take as best as I can work out / remember, but I couldn't find at least one piece of information that I'm fairly sure I read. Anyway:
  • I can't see anything to suggest that Eric is not Jessica's father - except that he was clearly angry about something when he started assaulting her. And since Jenny and others consider him such an "asshole" I just assume that this is common behaviour for him.
  • In the conversation with Riley, both indicate that his Dad and Tiffany were in a relationship at the time of the accident. This contrasts a bit with Chapter 1 where the MC says that Tiffany was his Dad's friend.
  • (This is the bit I can't find) Tiffany mentions that both the MC and his Dad moved to the town after his mother died, and that's when the friendship/romance started. If that's so, it is very unlikely that his Dad is also Jessica's father.
So here's my question: I didn't download the incest patch because: a) I don't mind incest in a novel but it's not really my kink; and b) unlike many other VNs where the incest is thinly disguised, this one makes pretty good sense without it. But these conflicting accounts of the relationship between Tiffany and Dad make me wonder - is the narrative more consistent with the patch?

Reactions: sageproduct
Jun 6, 2022
  • I can't see anything to suggest that Eric is not Jessica's father - except that he was clearly angry about something when he started assaulting her. And since Jenny and others consider him such an "asshole" I just assume that this is common behaviour for him.
Not sure if you're saying that you think Eric is the father or not here, tbh. :p

In the conversation with Riley, both indicate that his Dad and Tiffany were in a relationship at the time of the accident. This contrasts a bit with Chapter 1 where the MC says that Tiffany was his Dad's friend.
I don't follow? What's the contrast? Of course Tiffany and Dad was in a relationship at the time of the accident, because MC was born before the accident. There's been zero indication that Tiffany and Dad separated before the accident. :p
Isn't Riley the crazy mint cookie bananagirl? I think Riley mentions that she's interested in Steven, and even hits on Steven, but Steven isn't interested in anyone else than Tiffany

This is the bit I can't find) Tiffany mentions that both the MC and his Dad moved to the town after his mother died, and that's when the friendship/romance started. If that's so, it is very unlikely that his Dad is also Jessica's father.
The intro to the game states that MC is born in the big city, but moves back to Riverside when MC is young, so there's a few dates unknown here. We know, for a fact, that Tiffany was pregnant in Riverside (with Jessica), and we know MC is a little over a year younger than Jessica. So Tiffany must have moved to the city sometime in that year. We don't know how old MC is when they move back to Riverside, or when Steven/dad dies, so it's just a bunch of unaccounted time. Is it relevant? Not really at all. We just know they moved back to Riverside, and back into the house Tiffany grew up in after her father (MC's grandfather) died.

As far as the patch goes, I've never played without, so I don't know of the differences. It seems to me, the story would lose quite a lot of it's "intrigue" without the patch, though, as most of the mysteries/funny theories kind of boil down to if they're related to MC. :p

Last edited:

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Well I guess you've answered my question about the patch at least! I suspect that Jestur has been more diligent than most in creating a non-incest version of the game: rather than doing a simple search/replace of "Mum" with "Landlady" etc., he has actually rewritten much of the text, attempting to make a cohesive, believable narrative for the Patreon version - so props for that effort and skill. This would also account for our wildly different experiences of certain scenes.

However, from what you say, and also from the discrepancies I noted fron the Patreon version, it seems that the SubscribeStar version is not only intended canon but likely a more interesting story. I'll DL the patch and see for myself.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
This game has some of the best animations I've seen in an adult VN. So many games look like hydraulic machinery in action (or try to mask it by sticking to specific positions or camera angles), but not this one.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Well I guess you've answered my question about the patch at least! I suspect that Jestur has been more diligent than most in creating a non-incest version of the game: rather than doing a simple search/replace of "Mum" with "Landlady" etc., he has actually rewritten much of the text, attempting to make a cohesive, believable narrative for the Patreon version - so props for that effort and skill. This would also account for our wildly different experiences of certain scenes.

However, from what you say, and also from the discrepancies I noted fron the Patreon version, it seems that the SubscribeStar version is not only intended canon but likely a more interesting story. I'll DL the patch and see for myself.
Warning: The patch breaks your save, at least for me. I had to start from scratch and the game wouldn't let me skip through anything.

That being said, I only had to re-start my game from Chapter 1, so oh well. I guess I'll just have one save with the non-incest version, and another save with the incest version :)

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Warning: The patch breaks your save, at least for me. I had to start from scratch and the game wouldn't let me skip through anything.

That being said, I only had to re-start my game from Chapter 1, so oh well. I guess I'll just have one save with the non-incest version, and another save with the incest version :)
Thanks for that. Yes I was thinking about doing the same. As I mentioned, apart from the odd discrepancy, I've really been enjoying the non-incest version of the story, so it's actually a bit of a dilemma.

I realise it's "just a game" and borrows heavily from the German series Dark but I have become invested in the characters and relationships as they stand in my current play-through. Maybe I'll hold off a bit to see where the Patreon version leads before installing the patch.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
This discussion set me off on a search for relevant information. Here's my take as best as I can work out / remember, but I couldn't find at least one piece of information that I'm fairly sure I read. Anyway:
  • In the conversation with Riley, both indicate that his Dad and Tiffany were in a relationship at the time of the accident. This contrasts a bit with Chapter 1 where the MC says that Tiffany was his Dad's friend.
  • (This is the bit I can't find) Tiffany mentions that both the MC and his Dad moved to the town after his mother died, and that's when the friendship/romance started. If that's so, it is very unlikely that his Dad is also Jessica's father.
So here's my question: I didn't download the incest patch because: a) I don't mind incest in a novel but it's not really my kink; and b) unlike many other VNs where the incest is thinly disguised, this one makes pretty good sense without it. But these conflicting accounts of the relationship between Tiffany and Dad make me wonder - is the narrative more consistent with the patch?
I don't see any conflicting relationship.

I don't really think these are spoilers, but...

Point 1:

Point 2:

Point 3:

So, I don't think there is any inconsistency in the story without the incest patch.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021
I still really like it... nice renders and the writing is fun and good. Story is also interesting.

Somehow I wished for a full wholesomecest ending.. MC is the real father of all girls in 2019 and nobody dies... sorry, I might be weird... this could all work if MC is using in some later episodes a time machine which goes further back in time...

Regards

Reactions: LinusMundane

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
I still really like it... nice renders and the writing is fun and good. Story is also interesting.

Somehow I wished for a full wholesomecest ending.. MC is the real father of all girls in 2019 and nobody dies... sorry, I might be weird... this could all work if MC is using in some later episodes a time machine which goes further back in time...

Regards
It's strongly implied that

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes