Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
Ya'll missing the most important point. WHEN will we meet future Khloe? i have some unfinished business with her :) Krystal told me her daddy left to get milk 18 years ago and never came back!

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
In that case, why does the MC say: "My dad was with Tiffany. Was he cheating on her?" when Riley reveals she was falling in love with him?

I guess it's possible that their relationship changed as a result of the MC's first visit to 1999. Come to think of it, the Mystery Man indicates that he wanted the MC to do various things so that he could observe the effects from the outside. Perhaps if someone is too close to the action, they will not be aware of the consequent changes to the timeline. So for the MC when he returned to 2019, it seemed that Steven and Tiffany had always been in a relationship.

Anyway, it's just another theory, but I'd also point out the name of the VN is Ripples suggesting that small, almost imperceptible changes to the timeline may well be clues.
Oh he did? My bad then. Nah, I wasn't trying to claim that a trip to the past changed the nature of their relationship. If that line was there, then I don't think my previous point really has grounds to stand on. Steven and Tiffany were together then

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Oh he did? My bad then. Nah, I wasn't trying to claim that a trip to the past changed the nature of their relationship. If that line was there, then I don't think my previous point really has grounds to stand on. Steven and Tiffany were together then
I'm honestly not so sure now. At first, I was thinking it was a mistake, but the more I look at the quality of the writing and planning of Ripples, the more I wonder.

And then there's the Mystery Man's discussion of time. I'll copy the whole thing her in case anyone else wants to reference it:
Time is a funny thing...
It's only in looking back that it's easy to connect the dots. To see exactly why everything needed to happen the way that it did.
But finding these dots and connecting them is a different story... It's a massively complex labyrinth that time has put together for us.
A puzzle we were never meant to solve.
One of the reasons I needed you to do the things you did today was so that I could observe from the outside.
Things are still unclear to me. It almost seems like events are fixed in time, but I'm seeing small things that make me question that.
I don't know if the information I received is correct from an observer's standpoint to make that judgement yet.
And yes, it seems to be a fixed timeline but [...] I'm seeing tiny deviations that make me question that. Which shouldn't happen in a fixed timeline.
Let's say you went back in time to stop a fatal car crash from happening.
You know where the car crash happens, so you put up a construction roadblock sign and cones in the middle of the road to divert the car away from the crash site.
But the driver is traveling too fast and swerves to try to miss the construction roadblock and flies off the road and crashes anyways.
So next time you try to hold up a sign that says "Road Work Ahead" so the driver will slow down before the construction roadblock.
But a powerful gust of wind rips the sign from your hand and it lands on the windshield of the car, causing it to crash again.
You keep trying over and over again, but no matter what you do, the driver always dies.
You might be able to change how it happens, but it happens... Over and over again.
Anyway, it's just a theory, and it's just as likely that Jestur simply changed his mind between Chapter 1 and Chapter 4.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

UsuiTkumi

Nov 8, 2021
Playing this is one of the best thing I do in my lonely time it so fun the inside joke and all the animation are great and some line hit deep .

damn it hurts to know that she's gone
And it's even harder to believe that I'm at the end for this update

KEEP Up the great work Jestur

So many waifu in this I hope the ending is not so sad like I thought it would be Screenshot_2022-10-01-01-18-50-03_35d3544db341f33c6ed16b2209fa2a41.jpg

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I'm honestly not so sure now. At first, I was thinking it was a mistake, but the more I look at the quality of the writing and planning of Ripples, the more I wonder.

And then there's the Mystery Man's discussion of time. I'll copy the whole thing her in case anyone else wants to reference it:

Anyway, it's just a theory, and it's just as likely that Jestur simply changed his mind between Chapter 1 and Chapter 4.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Ah, thanks for linking the transcript.

As far as I know: so far, none of the player's actions in the past have impacted the present, right? I mean, player choices, where we see different results in the present depending on player choices in the past

I guess the fact that the "friend" description is in the Remastered Chapter 1 would disprove any theory that he changed his mind

EDIT: wording

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Ah, thanks for linking the transcript.

As far as I know: so far, none of the player's actions in the past have impacted the present, right? I mean, player choices, where we see different results in the present depending on player choices in the past

I guess the fact that the "friend" description is in the Remastered Chapter 1 would disprove any theory that he changed his mind

EDIT: wording
If I remember correctly,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, but that's all for now.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh wow, I always gave the crystal to Khloe, so I never saw this happen, but damn it definitely opens my mind on this game's concept of time travel. From what you guys are saying, it seemed like time itself was in fact fixed, when her name didnt change, but then you learn her middle name might have changed, but due to MC not being sure himself, we still don't actually know if its a fixed timeline or not.

The only way we'll know (as far as I can tell) if time is in fact fixed or not, will be episode 5, if Jenny is in fact alive after MC begs her not to work there a second time. If she's still dead then damn, that's disheartening :HideThePain: tho considering she followed MC to the forest at the end of episode 4 iirc, she might just use the portal herself and essentially exist outside the current timeline (or she and MC's father are still alive after the "accident" and thats when they go through the portal, hence the theory of Jackie and Masked Man being aged Jenny and MC's dad)

Episode 5 could not get here any sooner lol

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Oh wow, I always gave the crystal to Khloe, so I never saw this happen, but damn it definitely opens my mind on this game's concept of time travel. From what you guys are saying, it seemed like time itself was in fact fixed, when her name didnt change, but then you learn her middle name might have changed, but due to MC not being sure himself, we still don't actually know if its a fixed timeline or not.

The only way we'll know (as far as I can tell) if time is in fact fixed or not, will be episode 5, if Jenny is in fact alive after MC begs her not to work there a second time. If she's still dead then damn, that's disheartening :HideThePain: tho considering she followed MC to the forest at the end of episode 4 iirc, she might just use the portal herself and essentially exist outside the current timeline (or she and MC's father are still alive after the "accident" and thats when they go through the portal, hence the theory of Jackie and Masked Man being aged Jenny and MC's dad)

Episode 5 could not get here any sooner lol
Well, she doesn't know how to use the portal so I doubt she will be time traveling. Also, she wouldn't know where to go and would end up getting caught by the workers inside. What she sees is the MC burying something and than going to the plant perhaps making her curious about the plant which triggers her to want to work there and figure out what's going on.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Well, she doesn't know how to use the portal so I doubt she will be time traveling. Also, she wouldn't know where to go and would end up getting caught by the workers inside. What she sees is the MC burying something and than going to the plant perhaps making her curious about the plant which triggers her to want to work there and figure out what's going on.
shit u right :HideThePain: this girl never gonna come back alive as a milf huh

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
Regardless of who is who the most important thing we need to do is somehow find a way to make Lizzie at least bi. She's easily the hottest character in the entire game. It's bad enough that she's reduced to a background character but gay as well?! Too cruel!

Unrelated to that, I noticed a slight continuity error. In Ep. 2 the MC still states that he doesn't realize that Seger's is a lingerie store but in Ep. 1 Daphne not only refers to it as "Seger's Lingerie" but mentions that the lingerie Krystal was wearing that night was from there and that she has the same one in blue. Looks like when the scene was rewritten during the Ep. 1 update it was overlooked that it would create a conflict.

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Regardless of who is who the most important thing we need to do is somehow find a way to make Lizzie at least bi. She's easily the hottest character in the entire game. It's bad enough that she's reduced to a background character but gay as well?! Too cruel!

Unrelated to that, I noticed a slight continuity error. In Ep. 2 the MC still states that he doesn't realize that Seger's is a lingerie store but in Ep. 1 Daphne not only refers to it as "Seger's Lingerie" but mentions that the lingerie Krystal was wearing that night was from there and that she has the same one in blue. Looks like when the scene was rewritten during the Ep. 1 update it was overlooked that it would create a conflict.
If I'm remembering correctly, I feel like it was mentioned in the episode 1 remaster that Lizzie and MC had some sort of history
(i think she was like "im not into dudes, except maybe one in the past" while looking at mc), so theres probably potential there. I'm hoping Lizzie and the girl sitting in front of MC in class (his original study partner) will be side (or side side lol) girls at least a few times, depending on how long this game will be/Jestur's plans

I vaguely remember the Seger's thing but if that is true, then it was either an overlook, OR Jestur is making his concept time travel a fixed timeline like was discussed above, and just adding more references for that in the remaster

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Hope no one chews my head off for having the oldest computer around, but I'm running 32 bit Windows 10. Any chances of this game being able to run on my dinosaur? I played the first 4 chapters with no issues, but I think they are now using the newest version of Ren'py, and it's 64 bit version only :(
Not sure if anyone ever replied to you or not, but I think you are out of luck.

You can pick up a used gen5 or gen6 laptop for around $100-150 on ebay. You will not be able to load Win11 on it but they run 10 and are 64bit. You could also load a linux distro on it and it will run really smooth. I have one myself with Ubuntu loaded and it's a great little machine and I can play all these games on it with no problems.

Gorchnik

Dec 5, 2018
Just heard about this game and gave episode 1 a shot. Consider me hooked. One of about 4-5 games on this site I am actually invested in following now. What's the best way to support you? Patreon?

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes