Oct 24, 2022
Hey Naxos, I'm trying to use the patch with a fresh game and can't get it to start.
Attached is my traceback error file.
Any ideas?
You need to download the newest version(0.4.6, the episode 1 remake) fully and don't overwrite an old folder, and then patch it again.
If that's what you did, still, download again, and then patch.
Don't delete the downloaded archive until you're sure your patching worked.

Also, just fyi, the traceback contains your Windows username, so if you don't want that on display, I'd delete the traceback.

Last edited:
Reactions: barneazy1

b--_--d

Jan 24, 2019
Good Lord I love easter eggs and reference to real life and this game has it ALL!!!

Character models are hot and I've never seen most of them before! Thankfully I found out about this game just recently, so waiting for Episode 5 isn't going to be a pain. I'm excited for what the future episodes have for us.

Reactions: drisarter

barneazy1

Aug 5, 2021
You need to download the newest version(0.4.6, the episode 1 remake) fully and don't overwrite an old folder, and then patch it again.
If that's what you did, still, download again, and then patch.
Don't delete the downloaded archive until you're sure your patching worked.

Also, just fyi, the traceback contains your Windows username, so if you don't want that on display, I'd delete the traceback.
Hey thanks for the heads-up! I've reuploaded that file to preserve but with user name removed.

To your solution though, I've tried:
extracting the game, patching
extracting the game, running it, saving, closing, patching
redownloading the patch, and trying both above a few more times

I supose the only thing I could try differently in that regard would be to redownload the game, but the game works fine with no patch... it even works fine when i tried the inc3st patch afterwords (I did not have that patch when i tried my above attempts).

Would you still suggest getting the game zip again and trying all over?
Does anyone have any insight into what the traceback for the error is trying to tell me?

edit: can anyone confirm Naxos patch is working with 0.4.6?
if yes then I'll certainly try more avenues. like maybe it doesn't like my install location on a secondary drive or something

barneazy1

Aug 5, 2021
Hey thanks for the heads-up! I've reuploaded that file to preserve but with user name removed.

To your solution though, I've tried:
extracting the game, patching
extracting the game, running it, saving, closing, patching
redownloading the patch, and trying both above a few more times

I supose the only thing I could try differently in that regard would be to redownload the game, but the game works fine with no patch... it even works fine when i tried the inc3st patch afterwords (I did not have that patch when i tried my above attempts).

Would you still suggest getting the game zip again and trying all over?
Does anyone have any insight into what the traceback for the error is trying to tell me?

edit: can anyone confirm Naxos patch is working with 0.4.6?
if yes then I'll certainly try more avenues. like maybe it doesn't like my install location on a secondary drive or something
edit2: got it working, see original post to see my process, but I just had to try again I guess lol

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
man, speaking of anime, I had just started playing Fruit of Grisaia and then this damn game comes by and spoils something for me :cautious: to be honest, it was something I expected, but I also didn't know yet either. Oh well!

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
10/10 for Alyssa`s Anime Collection....Giving "Your Name" such a good Spot
Love Alyssa. This comment reminded me of just how awesome it is to have a lady with a sharp and curious mind at your side. Hanging out with her, I want nothing more than to team up together and tackle all of Winden's mysteries together.

Awesome that Skylar is an open-minded and analytical person as well, with a huge heart that could fit an entire ocean. Easy to see why she is Jestur's favorite!

CrazyRosie

Jul 8, 2021
Great game! Good suspense. Played Chapter 4 then saw v4.6 was out. Mega says 4.6 but it is still 4.5. The other sites are so slow that it isn't worth it. (6 hrs download). I'll just keep checking. Keep up the good work!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Great game! Good suspense. Played Chapter 4 then saw v4.6 was out. Mega says 4.6 but it is still 4.5. The other sites are so slow that it isn't worth it. (6 hrs download). I'll just keep checking. Keep up the good work!
It's the correct version, the file name was just never updated. I think Jestur fixed the original, but since these are mirrors they've been left alone (especially since 4.5/4.6 was a quality-of-life change for the first chapter -- although they and all future updates will require a restart from anyone who've only played the original 4 chapters). Also, 4.5/4.6 doesn't have any "new" content (although some of the content was altered, AND 4.6 actually has two scenes added that 4.5 didn't, but no new story).

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes